Havana Daydreamin Back 2 Back on Serenade NOLA "LIVE"

On Sunday morning I awoke to quite a bit of shaking as we were moving from one dock to another. I stayed in bed and snoozed a bit longer. I wonder of the shaking was turning in the current? That is what I am sticking to for now anyway. LOL

It rained a bit overnight as Deck 11 was wet everywhere as was our balcony. I took a shot of the French Quarter from our position and enjoyed another sight of the Cathedral.

FrenchQuarterEarlyMorning_zpsf5063e64.jpg

I enjoyed the smoked fish rilles, the aromatic seafood soup, and the prime rib.

I have to say coming from Dodge City, Kansas I had to wonder where the grown up prime rib was because I just had the baby! :D

See what you might like to select.

menufirstnight_zpsc7aa5c66.jpg

Sounds yummy thank u for posting

send from my phone please excuse any typo's

I am sure that there will still be some anxieties over the uncertainties of whether the problems can be fixed today. If so, anxieties will still exist over uncertainties of what might happen as we sail, will ports be cut out, etc.

No amount of worry can deal with nor correct anxieties and uncertainties. Therefore, I will enjoy the day and cross whatever issues come up.

Personally, I do not think we would have been allowed to board if there were not a good likelihood of sailing.

I wrote everything first, and now will see if the ships satellite connection is working at all. AND as you can tell, it is working. Rather slow, which I expected, but even a bit slower that past times I have used the wifi on the Serenade. But it is working. Must be a critical system! :p:D Silly me.

I am sure that there will still be some anxieties over the uncertainties of whether the problems can be fixed today. If so, anxieties will still exist over uncertainties of what might happen as we sail, will ports be cut out, etc.

No amount of worry can deal with nor correct anxieties and uncertainties. Therefore, I will enjoy the day and cross whatever issues come up.

Personally, I do not think we would have been allowed to board if there were not a good likelihood of sailing.

I wrote everything first, and now will see if the ships satellite connection is working at all. AND as you can tell, it is working. Rather slow, which I expected, but even a bit slower that past times I have used the wifi on the Serenade. But it is working. Must be a critical system! :p:D Silly me.

I am enjoying your live thread and your updates on the problems. Thanks for keeping us current. :)

Good morning,

I am so sorry about the difficulties that Serenade is having. Hopefully, the crew will have her fixed very soon and you will be on your way. I admire your honesty about what is happening on board and your positive attitude. Your pictures continue to be amazing. Hope you sail soon. Have a great day!

Anne:)

Edited by sweetcruiser106

Good morning,

I am so sorry about the difficulties that Serenade is having. Hopefully, the crew will have her fixed very soon and you will be on her way. I admire your honesty about what is happening on board and your positive attitude. Your pictures continue to be amazing. Hope you sail soon. Have a great day!

Anne:)

I second the positive attitude comment. Not sure if I would have had the patience that you have shown. I hope the remainder of the cruise is a little more stress-free :)

I hope you will find time to keep us up to date on what is happening with the Serenade.

PS--The NOLA port authority is working on the Poland Ave port to turn it from only an industrial to another cruise port. [where you are docked] I have read they plan to have finished it within the year and it will be where many RCL/Celebrity ships will dock. This is the "upper ninth ward" and was heavily damaged in Katrina.

Thank you for so thoroughly posting what is taking place on the SOS this weekend. We are scheduled to board on the 31st. There are 6 of us.

I think your outlook is remarkable. It is hard to imagine what it would be like to have boarded with all of the issues going on.

We will see you on the aft next week! We have our first ever aft balcony on deck 9.

Edited by ninacuckoo

Thanks for the kind remarks!

A positive note. Captain Ander has said that they have been working hard on the problem to make this where we can be released by USGC.

Also, there was a general announcement of revised activities and my wife took note that they were having port talks today.

Unless they are going to tell us more about where we are!:D

Off to wander a bit and find a nice spot to Havana Daydream over another stick.

Later all

Edited by Havana Daydreamin
I hate auto spell correct sometimes. Changed Anders to Anderson

Thanks again for keeping us informed. We are also scheduled to be on the Serenade in three weeks.

I am surprised that RCI has not posted anything on their website as to what is going on board at the moment. I would expect they would want to get some information out to their customers.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for the kind remarks!

A positive note. Captain Ander has said that they have been working hard on the problem to make this where we can be released by USGC.

Also, there was a general announcement of revised activities and my wife took note that they were having port talks today.

Unless they are going to tell us more about where we are!:D

Off to wander a bit and find a nice spot to Havana Daydream over another stick.

Later all

Thanks for the updates. My mom is on board and have not heard from her yet so it's nice to hear the updates. I tweeted Royal and asked why they have not provided free wifi to guests so that they could contact family.

On a positive note...with 800 fewer guests I bet the WJ is not nearly as crowded.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thank you for so thoroughly posting what is taking place on the SOS this weekend. We are scheduled to board on the 31st. There are 6 of us.

I think your outlook is remarkable. It is hard to imagine what it would be like to have boarded with all of the issues going on.

We will see you on the aft next week! We have our first ever aft balcony on deck 9.

My daughter and I are boarding on Jan 31 also. Ninacuckoo have you joined our thread? We have 75 or so that have been chatting and some are doing a b2b so they are also onboard and trying to stay positive with all the unknowns.

It is so good to get these updates. I can't wait to join Havana Daysreamin! What a great job he is doing with information and photos. How do you load photos, maybe I'll try my hand at the daily info next week. See you soon!

My daughter and I are boarding on Jan 31 also. Ninacuckoo have you joined our thread? We have 75 or so that have been chatting and some are doing a b2b so they are also onboard and trying to stay positive with all the unknowns.

It is so good to get these updates. I can't wait to join Havana Daysreamin! What a great job he is doing with information and photos. How do you load photos, maybe I'll try my hand at the daily info next week. See you soon!

You can use any photo server of your choice. I used photo bucket and upload pics to the server and copy the code supplies there and insert into the post.

This is my second time doing a two week posting and enjoy returning the favors if when I can't cruise and enjoy the "live" postings

We are sailing at noon!!!!!

All ports will be made!!!!!

Itinerary will be reversed being Nassau, Coco Cay and then Key West

Excellent! Thanks for posting this information.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for keeping us updated. I am curious: were the 800 or so people who could not board yesterday sent away with the compensation that was posted on another website or is there a possibility that they will be allowed to board today?

From what I understand they were sent away.

I do not know about the compensation other than what was previously posted and it may have been refund and 100% on another booking

We are sailing at noon!!!!!

All ports will be made!!!!!

Itinerary will be reversed being Nassau, Coco Cay and then Key West

That's great news! Enjoy your trip! Hopefully they have restored enough amenities for you to have a wonderful time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums