Havana Daydreamin Back 2 Back on Serenade NOLA "LIVE"

The departure from New Orleans was on schedule and very smooth to the apparent delight of each passenger on the Serenade of the Seas this week.

The morning sun on the Mississippi was in full force early in the day. The skies were hazy and not bright at the time of departure. Once again, I was reminded that though last weeks departure did not go as planned, we certainly enjoyed a special day of sailing down the river.

[/center]

Glad to hear. Do you know if all the repairs were completed so that all of the cabins were occupied with the cruisers who had planned to be on this cruise?

The morning skies are somewhat dark having sailed through some rain showers. The temperature is quite nice at around 68. The seas are a little choppy for some as I have overheard this morning, but it is nothing that I would characterize as bothersome. One is just reminded that we are on the sea. As I type, the skies are seeming to break in places and blue sky is being revealed between the clouds. It seems to be a portend of a great day ahead.

IMG_6189_zps08b0f459.jpg

IMG_6188_zpse3119d08.jpg

Edited by Havana Daydreamin

The morning skies are somewhat dark having sailed through some rain showers. The temperature is quite nice at around 68. The seas are a little choppy for some as I have overheard this morning, but it is nothing that I would characterize as bothersome. One is just reminded that we are on the sea. As I type, the skies are seeming to break in places and blue sky is being revealed between the clouds. It seems to be a portend of a great day ahead.

IMG_6189_zps8027015f.jpg

IMG_6188_zpse3119d08.jpg

The little white nubs that I can see on the ocean top, just remind me of 'being at sea' -- when it is so, so calm, it could almost be a 'street' -- I want to know that I am 'on the ocean'.

Enjoy....

Glad to hear. Do you know if all the repairs were completed so that all of the cabins were occupied with the cruisers who had planned to be on this cruise?

I do not know for certain, but I would venture a good guess that the cabins were all up to speed since I had observed from Guest Services that the sailing was full and there were no upgrades available.

There are definitely more people on board I can tell you that much. I also know that we are sailing with over 2000 passengers. It was 2100 something as the crew had reported to them yesterday over the ship wide intercom.

They were reminded to greet everyone and other encouragement.

I especially liked....

We ARE Serenade!

You picked a great week to continue cruising. The Midwest is being hit by quite a snow storm. Up here in Chicagoland we have blizzard warning posted for the afternoon. So as I come in from shoveling the first 5 inches of the expected 15 inches. I love to come check out your picture posts. Rain storm clouds over the ocean look pretty nice to me.

Happy Cruising.

You picked a great week to continue cruising. The Midwest is being hit by quite a snow storm. Up here in Chicagoland we have blizzard warning posted for the afternoon. So as I come in from shoveling the first 5 inches of the expected 15 inches. I love to come check out your picture posts. Rain storm clouds over the ocean look pretty nice to me.

Happy Cruising.

Only expect 5-6 inches here in central Illinois, your pictures just helps make the time till embarkation seem shorter. Keep them coming!! 😀😀

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Right now we have 7-8" in the SW suburbs of Chicago. Makes me look forward to boarding in less than 2 weeks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I do not know for certain, but I would venture a good guess that the cabins were all up to speed since I had observed from Guest Services that the sailing was full and there were no upgrades available.

There are definitely more people on board I can tell you that much. I also know that we are sailing with over 2000 passengers. It was 2100 something as the crew had reported to them yesterday over the ship wide intercom.

I especially liked....

We ARE Serenade!

From what I have read the capacity of Serenade (Radiance Class) is between 2100 and 2501. So 2100 is still not totally full capacity. If there were no upgrades available, that could mean that 'of the available/usable cabins they were at max'. From your description of 'definitely more people on board' that would indicate that the ship was under capacity last week and getting repairs done as you sail along.

Glad that the first day of your 2nd week, went better than the first week.....ENJOY!

Right now we have 7-8" in the SW suburbs of Chicago. Makes me look forward to boarding in less than 2 weeks.

Have a great time. Here in the western suburbs we had 5 inches at 8 am. We sail in just under 8 weeks. Can't wait. Hope we all have good weather.

~snip~

I also know that we are sailing with over 2000 passengers. It was 2100 something as the crew had reported to them yesterday over the ship wide intercom.

I especially liked....

We ARE Serenade!

I enjoyed hearing that message on turnaround day too. Thought it was interesting that they also reported how many were Pinnacle, how many D+, etc.

I have just completed another fine daydream on Deck 5 with a boutique cigar, Las Calaveras recommended by Chris in the Cigar Chateau in Wichita, KS. He always has some very nice recommendations for me!

I am amazed that someone reported on another thread that there was no smoking on Deck 5 all last week. We never encountered any closure or missing chairs EVER last week when we wanted to be outside.

The skies have been a mix of clouds and blue sky which has been very beautiful!

While here we enjoyed a brother and a sister who were wanting to get to the helipad but it is closed off today. I wonder if it is the wind. Anyway they ran off trying to find Dad. Before long Dad shows up looking for them. We let him know that they went off to try and find him. Again the kids came back and inquired if we had seen a man (we told them he was here and was now looking for them elsewhere)

What was so funny is that we said maybe they should just stay in one spot for awhile and he would probably find them. The boy (this is hilarious) says with exasperation "well that's what I wanted to do...but no....SHE (meaning his sister) had other ideas!"

Not much for onboard announcements today so far. They ere pretty steady last week.

I think it is time for lunch and then a nap on the balcony later.

Have a great time. Here in the western suburbs we had 5 inches at 8 am. We sail in just under 8 weeks. Can't wait. Hope we all have good weather.

Thanks we plan to. Did this same cruise last year in Feb and really enjoyed it!

BTW, be careful out there with the snow! It's wet and heavy.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The information for Consecutive Cruisers was posted earlier. The information shared was pretty much as listed and opportunity for questions and clarifications was given either as a group or individually for your specific needs.

You can go off on your own before 9:15 if you plan to explore New Orleans on your own. If so, you will need your old sea pass and ID information and a completed customs form to debark. At the gangway, you will receive your new sea pass to re-board later.

You may not rebound until after 11 AM and no later than 3 PM.

If you choose to stay for turnaround, there is a chance all will be done on board the ship. But that won’t be certain until tomorrow. I expect we will need to leave the ship as a group and then come back as a group for the turnaround.

A noon lunch will be served in the Main Dining Room on Deck 4 for the returners.

I noted that you can leave after 11 on your own. I will need to do this to verify the parking due to the confusion of last week even by the lot attendants who refused to take my payment for two weeks certain that we would not be sailing. I was told, I would be fine, but I would sooner make that definite rather than come back next week to a towed vehicle.

I can make that trip quickly and be back on for lunch. I hope.

I can say more about this tomorrow after the experience.

Thanks to all for the very kind comments and thoughts.

The review and pics are wonderful. Have been following you with great interest because I am doing a B2B on the Feb. 21st sailing. Love your positive attitude and glad everything turned upbeat for you.....K.O.:)

Thank you for a great review. I've been following your review with great interest since we are booked on a b2b in November (21 days) out of Fort Lauderdale.

It is really strange that there is only one production show tonight if indeed you are sailing with over 2000 passengers (near full double occupancy).

Thank you for a great review. I've been following your review with great interest since we are booked on a b2b in November (21 days) out of Fort Lauderdale.

It is really strange that there is only one production show tonight if indeed you are sailing with over 2000 passengers (near full double occupancy).

I had not necessarily noted that. I bet it has something to do with the Super Bowl.

That's about all people are talking about. Hope I can find a spot at the pool!

I had not necessarily noted that. I bet it has something to do with the Super Bowl.

That's about all people are talking about. Hope I can find a spot at the pool!

I noticed tonight's dress is casual, I thought it would be formal? Could the Super Bowl have anything to do with that also? If you wouldn't mind asking about that I would greatly appreciate it. I need to confirm what night formal is for the February 28th sailing.

I am glad to help all you snow bound followers out with some brief distraction.

Yesterday, sharing iMessage photos with my sister while toasting sailaway on our balcony, she sent me a version of her own toast from her front yard. I noted the snow in her hair. I think she was mocking me! :rolleyes:

IMG_4011_zpsb898448b.jpg

If you cannot embrace the snow and cold (as I think she was REALLY trying to show me), enjoy the view of the wake. I took a nice afternoon nap and this was the view I awoke to.

IMG_6198_zpsda1ef296.jpg

I know that the wake view will be in my daydreams when I return to our part of Kansas and whatever weather it holds for us then!

Enjoy!

I am glad to help all you snow bound followers out with some brief distraction.

Yesterday, sharing iMessage photos with my sister while toasting sailaway on our balcony, she sent me a version of her own toast from her front yard. I noted the snow in her hair. I think she was mocking me! :rolleyes:

IMG_4011_zpsb898448b.jpg

If you cannot embrace the snow and cold (as I think she was REALLY trying to show me), enjoy the view of the wake. I took a nice afternoon nap and this was the view I awoke to.

IMG_6198_zpsda1ef296.jpg

I know that the wake view will be in my daydreams when I return to our part of Kansas and whatever weather it holds for us then!

Enjoy!

Havana Daydreamin, have been enjoying this thread. Got a kick out of the photo in the snow particularly since I'm in the Chicago area that's currently getting socked with a lot of it today. The good thing is that I'll be on the Serenade in just 3 weeks !!!:)

Edited by xxoocruiser

I am amazed that someone reported on another thread that there was no smoking on Deck 5 all last week. We never encountered any closure or missing chairs EVER last week when we wanted to be outside.

Smoking was always allowed on Deck 5 last week as far as I know. There were no chairs set out the first night unless it was after 11 PM but they were there Sunday morning. They took the chairs up for deck cleaning on Friday, I think, around 10 AM because I was chased off of the deck and when I went back around 2 or 3 PM they still weren't out. They were set out after that at some point. Saturday morning there were just a few set out. I guess it just depends when you went out there.

I was surprised that several people I talked to didn't know they could smoke on deck 5!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Smoking was always allowed on Deck 5 last week as far as I know. There were no chairs set out the first night unless it was after 11 PM but they were there Sunday morning. They took the chairs up for deck cleaning on Friday, I think, around 10 AM because I was chased off of the deck and when I went back around 2 or 3 PM they still weren't out. They were set out after that at some point. Saturday morning there were just a few set out. I guess it just depends when you went out there.

I was surprised that several people I talked to didn't know they could smoke on deck 5!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hmmm. I guess my tipping the deck crew paid off!:D