RCI fan wants to try P&O

celticfc

I think she does as well. The designers are luxury hotel designers and the photos do look very contemporary and luxurious. RCI can be a

Iittle glitzy and Vegas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree RCCL can put on the glitz (and get away with it), I'm not sure Britannia can be contemporary and luxurious when it looks like a floating tower block and how luxurious can a balcony cabin be if you can't swing a cat on said balcony.

Certainly in terms of hotel rooms and cruise ship cabins, luxury is partly defined by the size of said room/cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree RCCL can put on the glitz (and get away with it), I'm not sure Britannia can be contemporary and luxurious when it looks like a floating tower block and how luxurious can a balcony cabin be if you can't swing a cat on said balcony.

Certainly in terms of hotel rooms and cruise ship cabins, luxury is partly defined by the size of said room/cabin.

Our aft balcony is about 9ft by 9ft so no worries - we did our research on the Princess forum. :p

Is she pretty? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so who knows.....

Whatever - we're excited. :D:D

Our aft balcony is about 9ft by 9ft so no worries - we did our research on the Princess forum. :p

Is she pretty? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so who knows.....

Whatever - we're excited. :D:D

I'll be excited to go on her also.

My point was I don't she will exude a contemporary luxuriousness, rather more a pile it high & sell it cheap feel about her.

These new ships are very much about stuffing in maximum cabins rather than oceans of teak decking and generous space to passenger ratio.

She is what she is and we are as much at home on boutique luxury Silversea as we are a RCCL juggernaut as we know our expectations and know the type of cruise we are taking when we book.

Edited by richleeds

The kids clubs on P&O are far superior to RCI. We enjoy P&O and RCI equally. They both offer different things but most importantly they both offer fantastic family holidays and memories.

Interesting. Do you think that is because an RCCL ship has more facilities for kids/families throughout the ship, whereas P&O ships are quite adult orientated throughout so they go the extra mile with the kids facilities in their dedicated area?

Interesting. Do you think that is because an RCCL ship has more facilities for kids/families throughout the ship, whereas P&O ships are quite adult orientated throughout so they go the extra mile with the kids facilities in their dedicated area?

You could be right but I just think P&O are more fun. The staff are much better on P&O. The seemed to enjoy it where as RCI just seemed to be going through the motions.

I'll be excited to go on her also.

She is what she is and we are as much at home on boutique luxury Silversea as we are a RCCL juggernaut as we know our expectations and know the type of cruise we are taking when we book.

Without sounding like we're creeping, that's probably one of the best posts we've seen --- sounds just like us. :D Like you, we try our best and do our research and know what to expect.

We have had holidays in all sorts of accommodation - on land and at sea. We know what we are booking and, whatever, just get on and enjoy it....

Thinking about it - we tend to book and adapt to the cruise line ------ we don't book and then expect the cruise line to adapt to us. ;) Have done Louis, RCI, Celebrity and P&O and have loved all of them .... in their own way.

Edited by Host Walt
Fixed the quote tool

We went on our 1st cruise last October on Indy, what a fantastic ship she is and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I agree with the original post about RCI putting the prices up so this year we are sailing with P & O. Yes the price was a big factor but how do you know what you really prefer if you havent tried something else? Im under no illusion that it will be different and im not expecting it to be the same, im sure there will be things about the P & O cruise that will be better than RCI and vice versa we intend to go and enjoy it just as much but treat them as completley different holidays.

Apologies if people are offended - I suppose I just read the comment in relation to the number of elderly passengers who seem to love P&O. We noticed this on our last cruise and loved it for that reason ironically.

My 87 yr old dad always laughed about scooters and was desperate to own one........ it was a private family joke and am sure he would have chuckled too.

Yes, I understand why your dad had a laugh and it is also a joke in my family that to have a GT or even better a GTI scooter with the go faster stripes would be the bees knees..:):)

I tend to cruise according to itinerary, Western Med in June only had RCI going where I wanted to go (the smell of a new ship lured me too plus the all inclusive, free parking and tips paid for). I'm looking at going on Oceana in September Venice to Genoa and probably a Princess cruise at Xmas.

Expect the worst and it can only get better.

Edited by CCFC

I tend to cruise according to itinerary, Western Med in June only had RCI going where I wanted to go (the smell of a new ship lured me too plus the all inclusive, free parking and tips paid for). I'm looking at going on Oceana in September Venice to Genoa and probably a Princess cruise at Xmas.

Expect the worst and it can only get better.

We're doing the same cruise in April so will let you know who it goes :)