TV Channels...I know silly!

jennerpoo14

The TV is our "background noise" too. On one cruise, they played the Friend's Thanksgiving episode with Brad Pitt so many times while we were getting ready for dinner that our entire family knows EVERY word of the script. We've watched some of the game shows and a few movies. We've never seen an entire episode or movie from beginning to end, but over the course of the cruise we've seen it. It's a very odd way to see a movie...lol.

Watching TV on a cruise is the last thing I want to do, other than the latest Ship info and Weather Forecast for our destination. Beyond that it stays off. I am on vacation and that also means no IPhone, I delegated everything back home to someone else. Our favorite noise is the sound of the ship moving thru the water with the door to our PH Suite partially open.

Edited by Steviewonder1

DH likes to have the TV on as white noise when falling asleep. Would it be possible to bring either a Google Chrome or Fire HD stick on board? We are sailing on Celebrity Reflection Feb 13th 2016 in an S1 cabin. This is our first cruise so there is a lot we don't know.

So as mentioned Im cruising with my 6 year old, what (if any) TV channels do you get? She likes to lay down and watch TV before bed...Just curious! :p

There is a variety of channels to watch not like at back home though, there are some dvd's available at the Customer Service.

Edited by Folk Singer

DH likes to have the TV on as white noise when falling asleep. Would it be possible to bring either a Google Chrome or Fire HD stick on board? We are sailing on Celebrity Reflection Feb 13th 2016 in an S1 cabin. This is our first cruise so there is a lot we don't know.

We left the TV on the "bridge cam" to use as a night light. The camera is fixed so the picture is static and not distracting (no flickering like you would get from a video that has movement in it).

So that answers my next question... I should bring DVDs!

We do for our son. We stay in GS, so there is Sony PS3 that we can use to play them. He loves to watch his shows before bed, or in the mornings while we get ready. You could also download some movies or shows to an iPad.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Not the least bit silly,most of us are use to having hundreds of channels so when you go on a trip you get less (hey I know I am spoiled). This was the only trouble I ever had at Disney World(the worst) and on some ships. As to your Ques I have found X to be the best (most)and it can depend on where the ship is ,although we once got more in the middle of the Atlantic (X) than in New York city(N.C.L.) so there is not much rhyme or reason to it.

This was taken on the Celebrity Silhouette in Dec 2013, sailing out of Rome. We usually look at the Navigation channel. Very fascinating. I scroll through some of the TV choices.

Overall, I found the TV channels on Celebrity to be pretty good. (Better than Royal, at least to me)

[YOUTUBE]u89gvrmTDe8[/YOUTUBE]

The TV is our "background noise" too. On one cruise, they played the Friend's Thanksgiving episode with Brad Pitt so many times while we were getting ready for dinner that our entire family knows EVERY word of the script. We've watched some of the game shows and a few movies. We've never seen an entire episode or movie from beginning to end, but over the course of the cruise we've seen it. It's a very odd way to see a movie...lol.

That happened to us on NCL Sun with the movie Life As We Know It. We never watched the entire thing in one sitting, but we saw the whole thing, numerous times, as it was constantly running. lol Fortunately, we liked the movie.

I feel that NCL has better tv offerings than Carnival. Carnival's channels have always been fuzzy when I have sailed CCL, and half the channels seem to be one form of CNN or another. I also MUCH prefer NCL's ship stats/distance sailed channel over those on Carnival. I really liked checking our progress on the NCL ships. The channel that is fed from a camera on the ship is better (IMO) on NCL, too, because it is normally on the bow; whereas CCLs, at least on the Ecstasy, is aimed out of over the pool deck.

I don't care a lot about tv channels and shows while on board, but I do like the ability to watch a movie while lying in bed late at night, and I like that the movies are rerun so that you can catch parts of them whenever you feel like having some down time.