Last Weeks Death on the Dream

MCFTJCH2V

I didn't hear about this. Was it suicide or an accident? Do we know? I will be on that ship in April. Horrible for those who were on board at the time, and of course for the person who died, especially if it was an accident.

I was on that sailing. There were actually 3 confirmed deaths on that sailing. I heard of one other but never was able to confirm it.

Apparently, the guy and his wife were really drunk, she passed out in the room and i have heard stories he was dancing on a bar stool on his balcony and another story he was trying to climb to the balcony either above or next to him. not sure.

I heard the Operation Rising Star call at 1:30 am Tuesday morning for the first one. It woke me up.

The other 2 deaths were a snorkeling accident (have heard scuba too) and a heart attack on an excursion.

Edited by DobberDog

Are you really sure there were 3 deaths on the same trip? That seems like an awful lot for one trip. I read about 3 deaths (the fall, snorkeling and heart attack) but they were 3 deaths that have occurred on the Dream at some point, not necessarily in one sailing and technically 2 of them didn't happen on the ship from the way it sounds.

THANKS FOR INFO..Always have to remember...with all the alcohol..follks can overdo with tenuois anger...sad but good teacher if that was the case here. And yes..there are just a million in entire state of Montana listed as residents (2010 census that made many of us sad lol)..maybe double or tripple that here over summer spread out in traveling summer months for the National parks..not that many for skiing months..maybe half a milion max is my guess.

The town we ranched 20 miles away from where I went to HS took over 40 years to double in pop from 1000 to 2000 from 2010 census and was only 10,000 in the mining days a few years for its inception...

It is amazing to me how well the cruise ships do for safety and tragedy levels and I beleive folks are always working to keep things that way...for the most part..but always we can learn and improve. Watching one,s actions to a degree never "letting go of watching it around one and cabin...is good ... one is "safer in travel" like this,,,,but still with these huge ships..and 4000 folks, crew and passegers, one needs to be wise.

Prayers to/for the troubled, ill and decased, everyone. Thanks for info.

Edited by sjn911

We were on the Dream at that time, and the fall from the balcony was all we heard of. The story we heard was that he was trying to move from his balcony to the one below and fell. Heard "Code Silver on Lanai, Deck 5" then later a page for a doctor.

I was on the Dream when that happened. The man was trying to get to his neighbor's balcony and was crawling over the rail and fell. He fell one level. We were with a large group and one of the couples was questioned about the guy that died as they were partying with he and the group they were with earlier that evening. The Carnival security department had a flag on her card and when she returned from ashore and put her card in to return to the ship an alarm went off and she was held to talk to security. First off the security started questioning her in front of other passengers that were coming back onto the ship - FBI also talked to her about the incident. It was their first cruise and they will never go again - totally ruined their trip. Carnival security was very indiscreet about their questioning.

• 4 weeks later...