Oasis GS cabins 11330, 11730, 12330, 12730, 14330 & 14730

Regarding the sun / shade question ... If the sun is out you can usually catch some some and shade on the deck, depending on which direction you are heading and where the sun is. In one of the pictures you can see the people in 11330 sitting in the shade.

Regarding the furniture, I would agree that it was less quality than what was in the aqua suites and the grand suites. We had 2 chairs and a table, 2 chairs facing the aqua theater, and two loungers with cushions. They were adequate to me. We put towels on the loungers, but would do that with any lounger. They were comfortable. You can see the top of a lounge chair in one of the pics.

I guess I should have taken more pics of the balcony versus views from the balcony. Let me know if you have more questions.

Danno

IMG_3236.jpg.46e75a0c38b3008d5ff4957b54811055.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg.00f2b361d301956a65c391c767026e3b.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg.76a6ecfbc9d166a86ab613ff8af4d8e4.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg.8eb77aecc03a2a6e8fb49b7ae1499ed5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I will be in 12730 in April and I can't wait. The suite looks great (Train Man has posted a video on YouTube) and the balcony awesome! I can see where it is smaller (less sq ft) from your pix vs the video. It is in the living room. It is not a wide. This is not going to affect me but I can see how some people will feel it is a lot smaller than a regular GS. The wall cuts down on the open feeling you get with all the space unrestricted. Plus part of the sq ft is the "foyer" as you come into the cabin. It would have been great for hubby and I, since he liked an afternoon nap while I would prefer to be on the balcony reading. Every time I came in to refill my glass it would wake him. With this suite that would not happen and we both would have been happier. ;)

I will be in 12730 in April and I can't wait. The suite looks great (Train Man has posted a video on YouTube) and the balcony awesome! I can see where it is smaller (less sq ft) from your pix vs the video. It is in the living room. It is not a wide. This is not going to affect me but I can see how some people will feel it is a lot smaller than a regular GS. The wall cuts down on the open feeling you get with all the space unrestricted. Plus part of the sq ft is the "foyer" as you come into the cabin. It would have been great for hubby and I, since he liked an afternoon nap while I would prefer to be on the balcony reading. Every time I came in to refill my glass it would wake him. With this suite that would not happen and we both would have been happier. ;)

Good Morning Razl, We look forward to you posting some pictures of 12330 after your April '15 cruise. We have that suite in Feb '16 and would very much like to get of sense of the cabin. We have cruised in a RCCL GS before a couple of time and have always enjoyed the extra space and "treatment". I have been a little concerned that the wall between the two rooms may not make this as appealing as the sqfting would indicate.....but the balcony is highly prized in our opinion. Thanks and have a great cruise.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was looking at Oasis deck plans today and I noticed that there are two sets.

The first set is dated 6 Jun 15 through 30 Apr 16. This set shows the aft grand suites on decks 11, 12, and 14.

The second set is dated 07 May 16 through 30 Apr 17. This set shows cabins in those locations but they're now called Aqua Theater Suites with Balcony Cat 3 for decks 11 and 12 and Cat 4 for deck 14.

The original Aqua Theater Suites on the lower decks are unchanged and are Cat 2.

Checked Allure and Allure deck plans do not show cabins on 11, 12, 14.

Is this something new or did I miss the discussion?

BTW, Caribbean bookings available through Apr 2017.

I hope they will do the same on Allure.

I pretty sure I read they have already started on those new cabins, pre TA which is Today!! It was posted on CC and people were impacted a week or so ago with construction.

They should have upgraded the balcony furniture though to what is in all the other suites. They could have got new balcony furniture in Rotterdam when we were on Oasis TA. It was there long enough.

I was looking at Oasis deck plans today and I noticed that there are two sets.

The first set is dated 6 Jun 15 through 30 Apr 16. This set shows the aft grand suites on decks 11, 12, and 14.

The second set is dated 07 May 16 through 30 Apr 17. This set shows cabins in those locations but they're now called Aqua Theater Suites with Balcony Cat 3 for decks 11 and 12 and Cat 4 for deck 14.

The original Aqua Theater Suites on the lower decks are unchanged and are Cat 2.

Checked Allure and Allure deck plans do not show cabins on 11, 12, 14.

Is this something new or did I miss the discussion?

BTW, Caribbean bookings available through Apr 2017.

RocketMan,

I've noticed a few changes as well over the past couple of months. Shortly after my initial post on this thread, the descripions of these six cabins were updated on the website to more accurately reflect the varying sizes of the cabin and balconies (not only from deck to deck, but from the other GS's as well).

Then when the Harmony's deck plans came out, I saw that these six cabins on that ship will be designed more like the typical Aqua Suites. About that same time, they updated the Oasis' post-May 2016 deck plans to reflect what you referenced above. Maybe we'll see a few more changes before it's all said and done.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

RocketMan,

I've noticed a few changes as well over the past couple of months. Shortly after my initial post on this thread, the descripions of these six cabins were updated on the website to more accurately reflect the varying sizes of the cabin and balconies (not only from deck to deck, but from the other GS's as well).

Then when the Harmony's deck plans came out, I saw that these six cabins on that ship will be designed more like the typical Aqua Suites. About that same time, they updated the Oasis' post-May 2016 deck plans to reflect what you referenced above. Maybe we'll see a few more changes before it's all said and done.

Folks do need to know that those suites are no longer GS but ATS. If you're looking for one and you try to book a GS, you'll not find them.

Folks do need to know that those suites are no longer GS but ATS. If you're looking for one and you try to book a GS, you'll not find them.

Not yet true. They are still on the deckplans as a GS thru April 2016, and being sold as such.

They do become an ATS after that, despite already being known as an ATS on board.

• 3 weeks later...

RAZL, What was your opinion of the GS 12730 configuration on your recent OASIS cruise? We have 12330 in Feb16 and are really looking forward to sailing in this suite. Thanks.

Edited by Imzdo1

Does anyone have photos of 14330 or 14730 on the Oasis? We are booked in 14730 for the Allure TA (it was the only grand suite left). We assume the cabins will be the same on the Allure when it comes out of dry dock. By the floor plan, doesn't look like you can even see the aqua theater from that room. Would love to see some photos of it. We're happy no matter what, it's only the two of us, but we were thinking it would be big enough to do some entertaining.

Does anyone have photos of 14330 or 14730 on the Oasis? We are booked in 14730 for the Allure TA (it was the only grand suite left). We assume the cabins will be the same on the Allure when it comes out of dry dock. By the floor plan, doesn't look like you can even see the aqua theater from that room. Would love to see some photos of it. We're happy no matter what, it's only the two of us, but we were thinking it would be big enough to do some entertaining.

Barb,

Below is a link to a short video of 14330 on the Oasis, which is the mirror image of 14730. You can see the Aqua Theater from there, but the balcony is very small, so I'm not sure how much entertaining you'll be able to do out there.

Of the six new GS's, the two on deck 14 have the smallest cabins and balconies, the two on deck 12 are a bit bigger, and the two on deck 11 are the largest.

According to the future deck plans for both ships, these six cabins on the Oasis as well as the Allure will eventually be reclassifed as Aqua Suites.

Bill

I don't believe the Allure cabins are built yet.

Assuming they are the same as the Oasis, there is a closet in both the bedroom & living room.

See my review, which has a link to pictures.

Nice photos and comments about 11730. Thank you for sharing. I am booked in 11330 on Oasis April 30/16.

I am sad that the sailing after ours the cabin has been re categorized now as a A4 and cannot be booked on the website for 2 people. I would like to have the same cabin for the second week.

Basically the same cabin as the week before but priced much higher because of the new category. :(

Barb,

Below is a link to a short video of 14330 on the Oasis, which is the mirror image of 14730. You can see the Aqua Theater from there, but the balcony is very small, so I'm not sure how much entertaining you'll be able to do out there.

Of the six new GS's, the two on deck 14 have the smallest cabins and balconies, the two on deck 12 are a bit bigger, and the two on deck 11 are the largest.

According to the future deck plans for both ships, these six cabins on the Oasis as well as the Allure will eventually be reclassifed as Aqua Suites.

Bill

Bill, thanks for the link! Guess by the video we won't even be able to sit on the balcony---there were no chairs at all. Still happy, we'll be able to dine in CK at least. In February on Oasis we felt that was the best food on the ship!

Bill, thanks for the link! Guess by the video we won't even be able to sit on the balcony---there were no chairs at all. Still happy, we'll be able to dine in CK at least. In February on Oasis we felt that was the best food on the ship!

I'm not positive, as the deck plan diagrams have been updated a few times, but I think that 14330 and 14730 may have a two-part balcony. The video only showed the ocean-facing piece, but one deck plan I saw makes it look like there is a small sliver of balcony that faces inward as well. May still not be room for chairs, but may offer a slightly better view of the Aqua shows.

Thanks for the info about CK as well. I'll be on the Oasis in October and again next April, and am looking forward to the dining options.

Happy cruising!

Edited by TheInnocentAge

Bill, thanks for the link! Guess by the video we won't even be able to sit on the balcony---there were no chairs at all. Still happy, we'll be able to dine in CK at least.

I had 14330 on Oasis in Feb. You have chairs on your balcony that exits via the bedroom. Also we watched Aqua shows and the belly flop from our balcony perfectly fine.

Not yet true. They are still on the deckplans as a GS thru April 2016, and being sold as such.

They do become an ATS after that, despite already being known as an ATS on board.

I just booked 11730 as a GS for May, 2016 on Allure!

I just booked 11730 as a GS for May, 2016 on Allure!

Weird find, but the Allure is definitely still showing these as category GS at that time, well after they change to ATS's on Oasis.

Congratulations on booking a great cabin. :)

Weird find, but the Allure is definitely still showing these as category GS at that time, well after they change to ATS's on Oasis.

Congratulations on booking a great cabin. :)

I see that too, and based on the Allure deck plans found on RC's website, it looks like these six cabins will be reclassified as of June 5, 2016. Instead of GS's, the four cabins on deck 11 and 12 (11330, 11730, 12330, 12730) will be A3's, and the two on deck 14 (14330 and 14730) will be A4's.

The cabin descriptions in the Allure deck plans for that time frame show that these A3's and A4's will have one bedroom, which is what they have now as GS's. That is different from the descriptions for these same cabins on the Oasis, which as of May 2016 show them as A3 and A4 cabins like the Allure, but with the floor plan more like the older Aqua Suites (two bedrooms, two sinks, among other differences).

As posted earlier, if Royal indeed reconstructs these six Oasis cabins at that time, I'm skeptical about them being able to do it without taking the cabins out of service for at least a week or two. We'll see.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

I see that too, and based on the Allure deck plans found on RC's website, it looks like these six cabins will be reclassified as of June 5, 2016. Instead of GS's, the four cabins on deck 11 and 12 (11330, 11730, 12330, 12730) will be A3's, and the two on deck 14 (14330 and 14730) will be A4's.

The cabin descriptions in the Allure deck plans for that time frame show that these A3's and A4's will have one bedroom, which is what they have now as GS's. That is different from the descriptions for these same cabins on the Oasis, which as of May 2016 show them as A3 and A4 cabins like the Allure, but with the floor plan more like the older Aqua Suites (two bedrooms, two sinks, among other differences).

As posted earlier, if Royal indeed reconstructs these six Oasis cabins at that time, I'm skeptical about them being able to do it without taking the cabins out of service for at least a week or two. We'll see.

The PDF deck plans on the rci website have the correct info/description of the a3/a4 starting in June 16 on to 17.

Here is 12

SUITE/DELUXE

A3 AquaTheater Suite with Balcony Two twin beds that convert to Royal King. Private bathroom with tub and single sink, large closets, sitting area with table and sofa bed. (323 sq. ft., balcony 355 sq. ft.)