Oasis GS cabins 11330, 11730, 12330, 12730, 14330 & 14730

Thank you. That was helpful.

what is in the Suite Lounge? Is it like the Concierge Lounge with food and drinks, or is it just a basic lounge?

Like the CL, except limited to guests in full suites and Pinnacle Club C&A level.

Like the CL, except limited to guests in full suites and Pinnacle Club C&A level.

That's nice. So we have the CL and SL to go to. And if we want, the DL too. we are travelling with family but we are all in GS so it makes things easy.

That's nice. So we have the CL and SL to go to. And if we want, the DL too. we are travelling with family but we are all in GS so it makes things easy.

Small clarification, on Oasis class, there is no CL. Only the SL and DL.

Small clarification, on Oasis class, there is no CL. Only the SL and DL.

oh ok thanks for the clarification. The deck plans from our travel agent has CL on deck 11 and 12. Its been a while since we've been on oasis class.

Edited by ws1965

We were on the maiden US voyage so maybe it was different. we had a JS on the Quantum and the CK was free. We met other cruisers who were not in suites and they ate at CK but they had to pay. Things have probably changed since November. They were probably working out the kinks and didn't care who ate there.

The Concierge Lounge was horrible on the Quantum when we were on. The two Concierge's didn't come over to us once the whole three days we were in the lounge. Other people were complaining too. They had no idea what they were supposed to do.

So I am sure a lot has changed since our cruise.

We were onboard Nov 23 and Dec 1. I'm sorry you had a bad experience in the CL. Both Reyno and Mario, the Concierges, were very busy on our cruises too. We've sailed with both of them before and know how great they can be. I do think they had a lot of their plates with all the glitches/problems with Quantum and know that what you observed is not typical for both of them.

We've found similar situations like you experienced in the CL on both Oasis and Allure. I think it's due to them being a "big ship" with lot's more for the Concierge to handle. It will be interesting to experience the Suite Lounge and CK when we sail on Oasis in the fall.

Like Bob said Oasis has the SL and the DL. My understanding is the DL is for Diamond/Diamond Plus/Pinnacle guests, not Suites...unless all in in GS are also D/D+ or Pinnacle.

Like Bob said Oasis has the SL and the DL. My understanding is the DL is for Diamond/Diamond Plus/Pinnacle guests, not Suites...unless all in in GS are also D/D+ or Pinnacle.

oh that should be interesting. my husband and I are the only ones that are D+. The other people have only cruised a couple of times and aren't even C&A. But we'll work it out. The Concierge's on other ships have been great with accommodating people we are travelling with. We had Raj from the Independence and Diego from the Jewel and Rahul from the Freedom and they all went out of their way to make us happy. We loved them! They were all amazing!

Suzy, when we were on the Quantum, my husband asked Mario if we had to wait in line for the ice show and he told us yes. Later we found out that we should have gotten tickets from Mario to avoid the line. And that's where it began.........

I wasn't impressed with the Quantum anyways so we wont be going on her again. I didn't find her as luxurious and classy as some of the other ships. And after a couple of days I was bored. We did go in November so obviously we didn't use the outdoor pool, but even the solarium was just ok, nothing special. We also like eating in the dining room. Since Quantum doesn't have a dining room, we missed that. The cabin (JS) was just ok. Nothing fancy, kinda plain. A disappointment. This is just my opinion. But we had to go on her since it was a new ship and now we move on.

Edited by ws1965

Sue that is correct. If you are in a Suite but not D/D+/Pinnacle your seapass will not open the door to the Diamond Club on deck 11. It will not be programmed to do that. We saw this happen with a couple as we were about to enter.

We did Jewel at Christmas last year in a GS and Diego is great. We are going back on Jewel later this week in an OS and Diego has already welcomed us back by email. On Oasis in feb16 in 12330 and just hope we get half the service we got on Jewel.

oh that should be interesting. my husband and I are the only ones that are D+. The other people have only cruised a couple of times and aren't even C&A. But we'll work it out. The Concierge's on other ships have been great with accommodating people we are travelling with. We had Raj from the Independence and Diego from the Jewel and Rahul from the Freedom and they all went out of their way to make us happy. We loved them! They were all amazing!

Suzy, when we were on the Quantum, my husband asked Mario if we had to wait in line for the ice show and he told us yes. Later we found out that we should have gotten tickets from Mario to avoid the line. And that's where it began.........

I wasn't impressed with the Quantum anyways so we wont be going on her again. I didn't find her as luxurious and classy as some of the other ships. And after a couple of days I was bored. We did go in November so obviously we didn't use the outdoor pool, but even the solarium was just ok, nothing special. We also like eating in the dining room. Since Quantum doesn't have a dining room, we missed that. The cabin (JS) was just ok. Nothing fancy, kinda plain. A disappointment. This is just my opinion. But we had to go on her since it was a new ship and now we move on.

If the others who are cruising with you are also in GS you can all go to the Suite Lounge on deck 17.

No ice rink on Quantum so not clear what tickets you thought Mario should have given you. All our show reservations were on our Sea Pass card. On Quantum in November the only venue that used tickets or reservations was North Star but you had to get them yourself...it wasn't something the Concierge could do for you.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

We had 11330 on oasis back in November. Would not book again. Sure the balcony is large but most is wasted/unusable space. Would take a traditional GS over these any day. Didn't care for the cabin or balcony.

Just to be clear, we had 11730 (same suite, but on the starboard side) in April and I would ABSOLUTELY book it again, if available, especially over a traditional GS. Once the category (and related pricing) changes to an ATS, it might be a different story. But then you are not comparing it to a GS anymore...

We toured a traditional GS on debarkation day and decided that we had done MUCH better with our choice.

To each his own...

We did not tour the aft GS's on 12 or 14, so I will not comment either way on those.

Just to be clear, we had 11730 (same suite, but on the starboard side) in April and I would ABSOLUTELY book it again, if available, especially over a traditional GS. Once the category (and related pricing) changes to an ATS, it might be a different story. But then you are not comparing it to a GS anymore...

We toured a traditional GS on debarkation day and decided that we had done MUCH better with our choice.

To each his own...

We did not tour the aft GS's on 12 or 14, so I will not comment either way on those.

Exactly... To each their own. We HAVE actually stayed in a traditional GS many times and much prefer over the new GS/AS.

Thanks Emmy and Sailor

You are giving me a lot to think about. Thanks for your advice.

I think we are going to move closer to our family.

What about the traditional GS on Oasis or Allure? How are the balconies? Large enough for lounge chairs and table? Cabin size is so much smaller than Freedom. Is it doable?

The GS have semi-loungers on them, as their balconies aren't deep enough to accommodate full loungers. They are chairs with ottomans, and I don't recall whether the chairs recline.

What do you mean by "doable?" Are there just the two of you in there? If so, you'll absolutely be fine - although the cabins are noticeably smaller, they are still really nice. But if you don't care about the full suite perks and are more focussed on the balcony, try to snag one of the hump JS cabins with the larger balconies - we had one on Allure and it was terrific - very deep with two loungers, two chairs and a dining height table - bigger than our friends' GS balcony. I think we had 10254 - next to an OS. All JS balconies are not equal, so choose carefully and enjoy.:)

I still have twinges of regret for giving up 11330 in favor of a traditional GS if only because I like to try things once before I decide I don't like them. But I'm sure we'll be fine.;)

We HAVE actually stayed in a traditional GS many times and much prefer over the new GS/AS.

As have we. Not on Oasis, but they are similar over the different classes, and I'll still stick with this new aft GS - as long as it is available. :)

To each his own...

If you don't mind me asking, how much shade (covered area) is there on the balcony of 11730? I now the AS on deck 10 and below have a sitting area on the balcony that is covered so that you are not completely in the sun if you choose not to be. Thank you.

If you don't mind me asking, how much shade (covered area) is there on the balcony of 11730? I now the AS on deck 10 and below have a sitting area on the balcony that is covered so that you are not completely in the sun if you choose not to be. Thank you.

I would say there is limited shade (compared to the decks below), but you can always position yourself accordingly. Of course, it depends on the position of the sun in relation to where the ship is heading.

I never had a problem finding shade unless I was standing right up against the railing.

I would say there is limited shade (compared to the decks below), but you can always position yourself accordingly. Of course, it depends on the position of the sun in relation to where the ship is heading.

I never had a problem finding shade unless I was standing right up against the railing.

Thanks for your feedback. I am considering 11730 on Allure.

Thank you everyone. After reading so many reviews and watching so many videos, I switched our cabin to a GS on deck 10. Cabin 14330 wasn't getting good reviews and I see its actually still available. In one of the videos, you could hear the noise from the Boardwalk. And also the person that was videotaping said that you could also hear the noise when the divers practiced in the aqua pool. We spend quite a bit of time on the balcony ( we get room service every morning and eat on the balcony and we sit on the balcony every night before bed ) and we also want quiet (and privacy ).

Edited by ws1965

Thank you everyone. After reading so many reviews and watching so many videos, I switched our cabin to a GS on deck 10. Cabin 14330 wasn't getting good reviews and I see its actually still available. In one of the videos, you could hear the noise from the Boardwalk. And also the person that was videotaping said that you could also hear the noise when the divers practiced in the aqua pool. We spend quite a bit of time on the balcony ( we get room service every morning and eat on the balcony and we sit on the balcony every night before bed ) and we also want quiet (and privacy ).

You are lucky there were other Grand Suites available. There are none on our sailing. Have a great cruise!