Oasis GS cabins 11330, 11730, 12330, 12730, 14330 & 14730

The PDF deck plans on the rci website have the correct info/description of the a3/a4 starting in June 16 on to 17.

Here is 12

SUITE/DELUXE

A3 AquaTheater Suite with Balcony Two twin beds that convert to Royal King. Private bathroom with tub and single sink, large closets, sitting area with table and sofa bed. (323 sq. ft., balcony 355 sq. ft.)

I see what you mean. If you click on the link titled "Printable version of this deck" for Deck 12, that document has a cabin decription different than the one on the main page. Maybe they're in the process of updating these now, because when I clicked the same link for Deck 11, I get "File not found".

Edited by TheInnocentAge

I see what you mean. If you click on the link titled "Printable version of thsi deck" for Deck 12, that document has a cabin decription different than the one on the main page. Maybe they're in the process of updating these now, because when I clicked the same link for Deck 11, I get "File not found".

Yes, last week 11 was there also so I think they are tinkering with the site.

we are going on the Allure and booked cabin 14330. I watched the you tube video. I'm very disappointed in the balcony. Is it really that narrow???

We have never booked a cabin in the back of the ship but heard from other people that it is prime real estate. Should we change our cabin? After watching the video, I'm seriously having second thoughts. Thanks for any advice.

we are going on the Allure and booked cabin 14330. I watched the you tube video. I'm very disappointed in the balcony. Is it really that narrow???

We have never booked a cabin in the back of the ship but heard from other people that it is prime real estate. Should we change our cabin? After watching the video, I'm seriously having second thoughts. Thanks for any advice.

We sailed with you on the Allure in 2011, but for some reason can't post the photos. I kept the roll call for that cruise.

6151876793930832370?pid=6151876793930832370&oid=113633558787166421842&authkey=COTmyNu1srG1tAEhttp:

We are also sailing on the new aft's 14730 and would love to see photos. We we also were very disappointed in the video on line, but, we want to dine in Coastal Kitchen and since it was the only Grand Suite open, decided to book it. When are you sailing? We are not on until Oct 18. My email is callplum at aol dot com. Would love to talk with you. I still have your photo, from the cruise. Please email me.

We sailed with you on the Allure in 2011, but for some reason can't post the photos. I kept the roll call for that cruise.

6151876793930832370?pid=6151876793930832370&oid=113633558787166421842&authkey=COTmyNu1srG1tAEhttp:

We are also sailing on the new aft's 14730 and would love to see photos. We we also were very disappointed in the video on line, but, we want to dine in Coastal Kitchen and since it was the only Grand Suite open, decided to book it. When are you sailing? We are not on until Oct 18. My email is callplum at aol dot com. Would love to talk with you. I still have your photo, from the cruise. Please email me.

Oh WOW. I knew your screen name was familiar. Small world.

We are taking this cruise with family, seven of us. When I booked it, there was only one GS available and it was 14330. I took it without even knowing where it was. I knew eventually I was going to change it anyways to be closer to the rest of the family once more GS's opened up. But then talking with a friend, she told me that people always want the back of the ship and the cabin is so much bigger than the regular GS's. So we have been debating whether to keep it or not. We just got off the Freedom and the GS on the ship was 407 Sq Ft, and on the Allure it is 371 Sq Ft, so much smaller. I cant believe the GS on the Allure is so much smaller.

After seeing the video someone posted on cabin 14330, we are definetly having second thoughts. We spend a lot of time on the balcony and the balcony we saw in the video is just not going to work for us.

I am hoping for more pictures or videos of the cabin before we make up our mind.

We ate at Coastal Kitchen on the Quantum. The food was VERY good. I would definetly recommend it. We also ate at Chic and Silk and the food there was just ok. We wont go back to those restaurants.

We are sailing April 03, 2016.

Wendy

Edited by ws1965

Personally if it were me I would be changing to another GS. I have been on this public balcony before it was a cabin and it is much smaller than the others on deck 11 & 12.

Deck 11 11330 and 11730 has the largest balcony space. I would not book the deck 12 or 14 of this cabin which will be a Aqua suite soon.

Just my thoughts after sailing on Oasis and Allure numerous times

Personally if it were me I would be changing to another GS. I have been on this public balcony before it was a cabin and it is much smaller than the others on deck 11 & 12.

Deck 11 11330 and 11730 has the largest balcony space. I would not book the deck 12 or 14 of this cabin which will be a Aqua suite soon.

Just my thoughts after sailing on Oasis and Allure numerous times

Agree. We had 11330 on oasis back in November. Would not book again. Sure the balcony is large but most is wasted/unusable space. Would take a traditional GS over these any day. Didn't care for the cabin or balcony. I guess if you like watching them practice for the Aqua show everyday it might suit you well, for us it was blah. We know people who stayed on deck 12 and have the same thoughts. Deck 14 is a total waste if you expect to spend any time on your balcony not standing and expect to shuffle by a couple of chairs to move anywhere on the balcony as the chairs barely fit.

Thanks Emmy and Sailor

You are giving me a lot to think about. Thanks for your advice.

I think we are going to move closer to our family.

What about the traditional GS on Oasis or Allure? How are the balconies? Large enough for lounge chairs and table? Cabin size is so much smaller than Freedom. Is it doable?

Edited by ws1965

JS are allowed in CK for dinner

JS are allowed in CK for dinner

We have read several reports lately that JS were not allowed to dine in CK on Oasis and Allure unless they were a guest of a Pinnacle or suite guest. Also read that is was determined by each sailing depending upon if there were lots of Pinnacle members on board. Have not seen anything in writing from RCL that JS are allowed in CK on Oasis class--have you seen an official notice from RCL? When we were on Oasis in Feb. they said that they were talking about opening it up to JS, but it was not formalized yet.

As of right now, there are no other Grand Suites available for our sailing, so we are happy to keep 14730 and I'll be posting our opinion and lots of photos in October.

We have read several reports lately that JS were not allowed to dine in CK on Oasis and Allure unless they were a guest of a Pinnacle or suite guest. Also read that is was determined by each sailing depending upon if there were lots of Pinnacle members on board. Have not seen anything in writing from RCL that JS are allowed in CK on Oasis class--have you seen an official notice from RCL? When we were on Oasis in Feb. they said that they were talking about opening it up to JS, but it was not formalized yet.

As of right now, there are no other Grand Suites available for our sailing, so we are happy to keep 14730 and I'll be posting our opinion and lots of photos in October.

Yes, when we sailed, JS was not allowed in CK. there were a few people who were upset by this and there was even 1 couple that would try to sneak into CK and the lounge every night. Rami was on his toes. It was quite entertaining.

I guess things changed. My voyage was in April on Oasis, could not have been more welcome in CK. Posted the letter I received in the suite upgrades post I think.

Yes, when we sailed, JS was not allowed in CK. there were a few people who were upset by this and there was even 1 couple that would try to sneak into CK and the lounge every night. Rami was on his toes. It was quite entertaining.

Is Rami concierge, we never tried to crash the SL

Agree. We had 11330 on oasis back in November. Would not book again. Sure the balcony is large but most is wasted/unusable space. Would take a traditional GS over these any day. Didn't care for the cabin or balcony. I guess if you like watching them practice for the Aqua show everyday it might suit you well, for us it was blah. We know people who stayed on deck 12 and have the same thoughts. Deck 14 is a total waste if you expect to spend any time on your balcony not standing and expect to shuffle by a couple of chairs to move anywhere on the balcony as the chairs barely fit.

Just a clarification..I am looking forward to my 11330 GS on Oasis for a few reasons. It is much larger than the 14330 or 14730 at least the balcony space.

This spot when it was a public balcony area for all to enjoy I spent much time there as I usually would get BW 11329 right next to it. I also chose this spot for sail aways out of Port Everglades. When I was on the Oasis transatlantic and this space was no longer available to the public I knew I wanted to have that cabin just once and I could really say 'that's my balcony' at least for one week. :) :)

And I did get a very favorable rate on this GS since I booked it months ago.

I have seen the interior and the balcony and I am totally okay with what I saw. Would not however pay the increase since RCI has reclassified it to A3 now on their website.

Booked a JS for the week after and happy to hear I can go into Coastal Kitchen for dinner only. :)

We really enjoyed Rami on the Oasis in Feb. However, he was in the Diamond Lounge on our sailings (b2b). I guess they alternate locations. He is certainly one of the best concierges we have had. Visited everyone in the lounge every night and always asked if he could help us with any reservations.

Just a clarification..I am looking forward to my 11330 GS on Oasis for a few reasons. It is much larger than the 14330 or 14730 at least the balcony space.

This spot when it was a public balcony area for all to enjoy I spent much time there as I usually would get BW 11329 right next to it. I also chose this spot for sail aways out of Port Everglades. When I was on the Oasis transatlantic and this space was no longer available to the public I knew I wanted to have that cabin just once and I could really say 'that's my balcony' at least for one week. :) :)

And I did get a very favorable rate on this GS since I booked it months ago.

I have seen the interior and the balcony and I am totally okay with what I saw. Would not however pay the increase since RCI has reclassified it to A3 now on their website.

Booked a JS for the week after and happy to hear I can go into Coastal Kitchen for dinner only. :)

We did sail away from 12730, it was nice. I would book it for the right price. Here is letter from CK manager. It may be hard to read, sorry

1432486955052.jpg.1c699b5d0332e381cdecf63fba879895.jpg

1432487010104.jpg.7f3bdd2aa08b473b89e3465d49f77673.jpg

John

The letter from the CK manager was unable to read. What does it say?

Is Rami just in the Diamond lounge or is he in the Concierge Lounge as well?

Yea, I know, let me see if I can fire up laptop and attach through shutterfly

Basically it says JS welcome at dinner, not welcome in SL

Your keycard will not open door to CK, you have to knock. Sometimes it is not locked. We even brought guests one night. No problem. Staff is great

When we ate at CK on the Quantum, it was the place to be seen. Quite a few RC officers were there having dinner. Anyone could eat there but it was complimentary to suite guests, including JS. Out of the restaurants in Dynamic Dining, the CK was our favorite.

Yea, I know, let me see if I can fire up laptop and attach through shutterfly

Basically it says JS welcome at dinner, not welcome in SL

Your keycard will not open door to CK, you have to knock. Sometimes it is not locked. We even brought guests one night. No problem. Staff is great

here you go

ry%3D400

When we ate at CK on the Quantum, it was the place to be seen. Quite a few RC officers were there having dinner. Anyone could eat there but it was complimentary to suite guests, including JS. Out of the restaurants in Dynamic Dining, the CK was our favorite.

Our experience on Quantum......Coastal Kitchen was available to those with a Gold Card (Suite and Pinnacle) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know that some in a JS were able to dine there for dinner only but also know that CK was not available to other cruisers (even for a fee).

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Thank you. That was helpful.

what is in the Suite Lounge? Is it like the Concierge Lounge with food and drinks, or is it just a basic lounge?

Never went over there, I assume it was pretty much the same as a typical CL

Our experience on Quantum......Coastal Kitchen was available to those with a Gold Card (Suite and Pinnacle) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know that some in a JS were able to dine there for dinner only but also know that CK was not available to other cruisers (even for a fee).

We were on the maiden US voyage so maybe it was different. we had a JS on the Quantum and the CK was free. We met other cruisers who were not in suites and they ate at CK but they had to pay. Things have probably changed since November. They were probably working out the kinks and didn't care who ate there.

The Concierge Lounge was horrible on the Quantum when we were on. The two Concierge's didn't come over to us once the whole three days we were in the lounge. Other people were complaining too. They had no idea what they were supposed to do.

So I am sure a lot has changed since our cruise.