Waitlist for OC Suite in 15 months

wrl001

Sorry to bother but what are the odds that an OC Suite will be available for waitlisted folks on a cruise 15 months from now? We are listed as #1.

If you're not particular about which Suite you get, the odds are actually pretty good.

There are a full dozen Oceania Suites on both the Marina and the Riviera (ten, forward on deck 12, two aft on deck 11).

Unless the itinerary is truly once in a lifetime, it's fairly certain you'll get in, things happen, peoples plans change.

Thanks, its a T/A with 9 sea days. Currently booked in a PH1 on Deck 11. Is there a better location?

If the cruise is that far in advance and you are #1, you have a pretty good chance. People's plans change - I know ours have. Conversely, we have signed up for cruises, been on the wait list for a Vista Suite (only 8 of those) and cleared. Good luck!!

Thanks, its a T/A with 9 sea days. Currently booked in a PH1 on Deck 11. Is there a better location?

You wont get me to admit to "better" ( although my personal favorite is widely known on Cruise Critic), but the two locations are certainly different.

011711.jpg

On Deck 12, you'll be in one of the quietest areas of the ship, yet be just steps from everything from the Pool Deck to the Culinary Center or the Artists Loft.

The Observation Lounge (Horizons) and the main Show Lounge are just a short elevator ride away.

Your Suite will be slightly larger in square footage and the second or "guest" bathroom will be a full bathroom with a sink, a tub AND a shower.

You will have direct access (via sliding glass door) from the bedroom out to the veranda.

b_194312.jpg

On Deck 11,

012938.jpg

The two Oceania Suites which are located at the stern of the ship have enormous L shaped verandas which fully wrap around their outer perimeter, and are four or five times the size of the verandas of the Deck 12 Suites.

012215.jpg

Their Master Bathrooms have Natural Lighting in the form of over-sized portholes.

Their guest bathrooms are half baths -nothing more than powder rooms, really.

They offer views astern, and of the ships wake which are, well, you be the judge.

b_053513.jpgb_032433.jpg

We are on the TA sailing on 1 April this year and I have been intrigued to see the changes over the last 15 or so months since we booked. Lots of movement especially around the payment deadline which for us was at the end of Dec 14.

I would put good money on your getting an Oceania suite. And you will love it. We had one last time (this time we are in the Owners Suite which is something else again...) The Oceania suite (we were in 12007) was beautiful, comfortable and perfect in every way with one exception - the balcony is not all that wide and the ones that JimandStan showed you on Deck 11 ARE wide. And the view of the wake is fantastic (had this on our last TA on the Regent Mariner). Bottom line is you won't be able to choose probably but I am sure you will love what you get!

We were #1 on the Wait List for both OS and OC on our recent Riviera cruise. I'm pleased that neither materialised because it allowed us to discover just how good the PH suites are. In fact when we transferred to an OS for the second leg of our B2B there were several things I missed, particularly the drying line over the bath.

I liked the PH balcony loungers so much I had the nerve to ask our butler if he could provide one for the OS. He did but, as we already had about 12 seats on the balcony, I can just imagine the comments below deck!

We booked a PH2 in the absence of an Oceania Suite on our upcoming cruise, and have been no. 1 on the waitlist for about 9 months. Although an Oceania suite has not yet become available (for a sailing in March/April), we did manage to switch to a Vista Suite and were offered an Owners Suite. Like Hambagahle, we noticed the suites becoming available around payment date. I would mention, though, that although we were no. 1 on the upgrade list for all 3 top suites, Oceania did NOT contact us when one became available. I just happened to notice on Oceania's website that it was showing available, so I would advise you to keep an eye on availability yourself, rather than relying solely on Oceania.

We booked a PH2 in the absence of an Oceania Suite on our upcoming cruise, and have been no. 1 on the waitlist for about 9 months. Although an Oceania suite has not yet become available (for a sailing in March/April), we did manage to switch to a Vista Suite and were offered an Owners Suite. Like Hambagahle, we noticed the suites becoming available around payment date. I would mention, though, that although we were no. 1 on the upgrade list for all 3 top suites, Oceania did NOT contact us when one became available. I just happened to notice on Oceania's website that it was showing available, so I would advise you to keep an eye on availability yourself, rather than relying solely on Oceania.

Great advice - I would check the Oceania website daily and if you see something available - call your TA!!

Thanks to all. Will do as advised.

However, if we don't get the Oceania Suite the PH will do in a pinch (snobbish, eh).

When people ask, I always say that the Penthouses on Marina and Riviera are like the nicest Cruise Ship Cabins that you could imagine. Ultimately comfortable, sophisticated and spacious. An absolute dream for a couple.

2782776694e540ba2d5ea12.29734585-1314130850.jpg

The Suites above them are Apartments, with square footage comparable to many starter homes.

o-staterooms-3d-oc.jpg but the real reason to book them are the additional specialty restaurant reservations, the bar set up, and all that extra elbow room.

I visited the owners suite aft on deck 8 on Marina ...wow ..lovely bedroom,walk in closetgrand piano,living room ,big balcony tub with Jaccuzi,sepRate shower

Seemed very nice ..if you can afford it go splurge ...better in lower deck cabins for minimum movement

Don't worry you'll get it. It's a nice suite. We always took the Owners Suite until one time we couldn't get it and had to settle for the Oceania Suite--to tell you the truth, we liked it better---smaller yes, but fits just right.

Rick

OK it appears we are going to be cleared for an Oceania Suite. Is rough seas rocking on a T/A more noticable higher up toward the bow deck 12 suites or stern deck 11 suites? DW has motion issues. Thanks

Edited by wrl001

Being at the very stern would have more pitching motion (bow and stern going up and down) than somewhat more back from the bow. Envision a seesaw, and there is more motion the further you are away from the center. So the stern would certainly move more than the forward OCs furthest from the bow (12014 or 12017). It is all a matter of degree, so the stern OC would move a little more than the furthest forward OC (12006 or 12007) because the stern cabins are slightly further from the center point than the forward-most OCs because there are cabins further forward than the OCs.

As far a rolling motion (side-to-side) is concerned, there is not a very big difference. Deck 12 will move slightly more than deck 11, but we are talking about only eight feet or so in additional height, so whether you would notice the difference is hard to say. Is there a difference, yes, is it perceptible, who knows. Bear in mind that rolling is the more common motion.

Well, we lost that opportunity because it was a "Gty". I was slow (less than 24 hours) to pull the trigger because we have a really good location on our PH1. I guess I wanted to know exactly which room we are going to get.

For those on a T/A are both sides of the ship equal in views?

Edited by wrl001

For those on a T/A are both sides of the ship equal in views?

The views are so alike, and the positioning of the ship so unpredictable that it isn't worth worrying about being on one side or the other unless you're concerned about having the Sun, or avoiding the Sun, on your Veranda.

Edited by StanandJim

I guess I was thinking shore would be towards the port side when passing Gibraltar

Perhaps, but it could be like one TA I was on where we went by Gibraltar in the middle of the night.