Door Decorations

TRAVELCRUZIN

I decorate but only to make it easy to spot our door. Stores like the Dollar Tree have tons of cheap decor...that way if it is taken it is not a great lose. Carnival recommends Command products so there is no damage or residue left on the doors.

I haven't before, but plan on it for our upcoming cruise that leaves on Valentine's Day! I got some window clings from the dollar tree for our window too :)

I got some "stickers" from the dollar tree too, they go on walls or whatever and come off clean, so I'm hoping they'll work on the door too

• 2 weeks later...

Just back and since we were on for Valentines day there were a lot of doors decorated, at least on our deck. I took the hearts that stick on glass and they did fine on the door, except for the two that someone took, hope they enjoyed them.

I have read about the door decorations for years now.

However, we didn't actually do one until our NCL Sun cruise back in November.

Since we were on the Sun, this is what we came up with...3 suns, each with our name on them.

1902031_10152903263188706_5659093726710524356_n_zps1e677215-L.jpg

However, the second to last day, someone stole them. BUT...we ended up finding it HANGING ON SOMEONE ELSES DOOR down the hallway. We were happy to retrive it and bring it back home. It's now in the scrapbook. :D

We are wanting to do another door decoration for our Pride cruise. I want something that has to do with the whale tail.

Any thoughts or ideas?

I admit to going the easy route and I buy a sheet of those jelly clings and stick them on the door. They stay pretty well, by the end of the week a few might have fallen of and got lost or maybe someone helped them off but it's 1.00 for the pack and they have cute summer ones with palm trees etc. Once someone moved them to the door next to ours which I thought was funny but they didn't fool us lol:eek:

I've decorated every cruise except for my first (because I didn't know better.) Initially, I used the excuse that my 2 year old needed to know which door was ours. However, I'm old enough to own it... I love decorating the door! We've had stockings at Christmas, There's no place like 8236, Ghosts of cruises past, Wanted for escaping and disturbing the peace, and more. Now, to figure out what to do that will be unique for our July 4 cruise. Hmmm.

This is the first time I'm decorating our door. Since its the first time I'm doing it, I went pretty simple. It's our honeymoon cruise so I got individual felt letters that spell out Just Married and then our wedding date. Maybe next time I will do more, but simple sounded good this time around.

When my husband graduated with his Doctorate, we did a big family cruise to Hawaii to celebrate (well, big by our standards) with 4 generations. I put a huge "Congratulations Dr. So and So" with his graduation date on it. I strung a sharpie on it and by the end of the trip there were hundreds of congratulation messages on it. That was in 2002, and we still talk about how wonderful that trip was, and how lovely everyone was to write such nice messages to a "stranger" -

I love to put something on our doors big or small. I love even more looking at other decorations when wandering the ship. Last Oct we hung some leis outside our room along with our decor. I always have a small white board as well. WE went through about 100 leis and every day got a thank you note! It was a blast!!

There is a page dedicated to Carnival door decor.. do a quick search of "Carnival Cruisers...Decorate Your Doors!" and you will see some amazing ideas!