this is to cotton and others near her

momofmeg

I hope you and your family are okay and your home is still standing. It broke my heart seeing that man on the news this morning whose wife was swept away from him. Not only was his home destroyed but he has no idea if his wife is dead or alive. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I agree, momofmeg. From reading these boards so much, I know there are many people that live in the areas that Katrina has hit! Our best wishes for all these people, that everyone is safe and devastation is quickly fixed so people can start the tremendous job of rebuilding. Mother Nature can surely be a b**** at times!

I hope Cotton is doing okay :(... She was able to get to Hattiesburg, but that area also got hit... hopefully all is well, but her home I fear might have had trouble :( All who know Dan (Selucrey), they are okay in Houma... no power, but they have their lives and their home... I'm sure it will be a while before we hear from others in that area... but I sure do hope we hear from all of them eventually :(

Prior to the storm's arrival when heard the media speculating about "a disaster of biblical proportions" I thought it was just the media being the media. Hype sells.

But now seeing images of the devastation and magnitude of the suffering I guess they were right.

These people need our prayers and every cent that can be raised. I just can't imagine having my entire world swept away.

My prayers are with all of those who have had lives torn apart by this hurricane. May everyone find comfort in a safe place and get all the help they need to rebuild their lives.

Hopefully, all our cruise critic friends found safe harbor and will be able to check in soon.

Hope you and family are okay. I have visited the Big Easy several times,once for my cruise five months ago, and once a year ago, for vacation, and absolutely loved it, and my heart cries for you and your city. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know. Thoughts and prayers your way......

Cotton.. I wish you all the best with all this destruction.. glad you got your son to leave as well... I wish all the best in the future whatever that may hold.. may God be with all of you... Cotton and all others from this board that have been affected from this terrible monster..God Speed!

Cotton and everyone else that got hit my thoughts and prayers are with you all. My heart goes out to everyone affected by this storm. it just tears me apart to see the devestation left behind and the guy missing his wife. I got all choked up watching that. I just can't imagine. We will be donating as much as possible to the red cross and at work we are setting up a "drop box" for clothing and food and all the necessities.

Cotton,

I hope that things are going well for you and you do better than expected when you return home. Here in Mobile everytime I feel like I'm just not getting a fair shake when it comes to all of the inconveniences of these hurricanes I just remember what everyone West of us is going through. Our prayers are with you.

Richard

My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family. I pray for a miracle that your home and lifetime of possessions not be destroyed but most of all, I pray that you are safe. The devastation is unbelievable and I can't imagine that happening to the city I live in. We hope to hear from you soon and know that you are safe.

I too wanted to send my thoughts and prayers too Cotton and others affected by the Hurricane Katrina. You all were so helpful to me while I was planning my Holiday Cruise out of Mobile. It just breaks my heart to think of the devestation and suffering going on in that beatuiful area of the country. I wish you all the best and hope you can overcome this enormous set back.

Lots of prayers and best wishes,

Allison

Here in Minnesota, where the worst we get is a rare F4/5 tornado, it is difficult to imagine the devastation that Louisiana and Mississippi are experiencing. Tornados come and go very quickly and leave a lot of trash in their wake, but nothing like the flooding that will continue for months because of Miss Katrina. I have added you and your neighbors to my daily prayers. Take good care of yourself - we are all thinking of you.

Cotton---you are in our thoughts and prayers. It's absolutely mind-boggling to watch the footage from places that are so familiar to me and not be able to make heads or tails of it. My sister and her husband still haven't heard from his dad/stepmother. They were in the group of "we're just going to ride it out". They live in LaPlace, very low-lying area. Hopefully they will hear something soon.

Stay safe Cotton, we love you!

Cotton and all of the other CC'ers in Mississippi & Louisiana, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your families. It is heart-wrenching to hear of the devastation in that area. :( Keep the faith and know that we are all concerned and thinking of you.

Michelle

Archived