Preferred Balconies

AZ Ocean Lover

I didn't realize it make a difference but my next cruise is on the Caribbean Princess.
Most balcony cabins on Princess ships don't have small sofas/loveseats. I believe the non connecting balcony cabins on the Pacific and Ocean have loveseats but the Ocean has been sold and the Pacific is probably not far behind. The Royal and Regal have a Deluxe Balcony category with slightly larger cabins with loveseats. To the best of my knowledge, all other Princess ships including the Caribbean don't have any balcony cabins with loveseats/sofas.

Except for the Pacific and Ocean, the inside of balcony cabins are all the same. The difference in pricing is location.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

I apologize if this has been answered a million times but are there preferred balconies that have a small couch in them or does preferred only refer to the balcony size (i.e. Caribe deck)?

The Princess website refers to "Premium" balconies" when you are booking. Is that what you are referencing? For the Crown and sister ships, they are aft balconies and midship balconies on floors 10, 11 and 12. No couches.

Edited by lolane1
addition

I apologize if this has been answered a million times but are there preferred balconies that have a small couch in them or does preferred only refer to the balcony size (i.e. Caribe deck)?

Caribbean Princess:

Almost all balcony category cabins, non HC, B1, B2, B4, BA through BF, on all decks have the same interior. I state almost as there may be one or two cabins that have a small difference, for example beds can only be in the twin config. There is no couch in balcony cat. cabins. The balcony size on the Caribe deck 10 is 9'x9' half covered. On all other decks the balcony size is 9'x5' and fully covered. Cat. B4 aft facing balcony cabins have various size balconies. The difference is pricing and name is only due to the location on the ship.

Mini suites on deck 9 have a sofa, the cabin and bath area is larger and the balconies are 9'x6' and not covered. The 12 minis on deck 8 are the same, but they have covered balconies.

Hope this is helpful.

Hijack but related. We are looking at Island Princess Grand Med Oct1 2015.

It is my impression that Caribe deck has larger partly covered balconies on some Princess ships.

However I don't think this is the case with Island - right ?

The reason I ask is that Dolphin shows a lot of available Fore Balconies and Caribe + Baja have 8 or so each as available.

Wondered why Dolphin is not selling as fast as Caribe / Baja.

Hijack but related. We are looking at Island Princess Grand Med Oct1 2015.

It is my impression that Caribe deck has larger partly covered balconies on some Princess ships.

However I don't think this is the case with Island - right ?

The reason I ask is that Dolphin shows a lot of available Fore Balconies and Caribe + Baja have 8 or so each as available.

Wondered why Dolphin is not selling as fast as Caribe / Baja.

The Island and Coral are significantly different than the Grand class ships. There are balconies, mini suites and full suites on Caribe deck and there is a combination of 5', 7' and 9' deep balconies.

Also, the most forward cabins on Baja and Caribe are mini suites, not balconies so they wouldn't show as available if you were looking for balcony cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

On Princess we have found that most balcony cabins do NOT have a sofa/couch in them. If we upgrade to a minimum of a mini-suite then we get a sofa.

When we cruise on Carnival and RCCL, we've always had a sofa in a standard balcony cabin. I have major insomnia so really want a sofa I can curl up on in the middle of the night. It sure adds to our cost of the cruise to upgrade on Princess.