Loyalty Program Changed

the nurse

This is what happens when people complain.

Carnival gave a coupon for a free beverage, however, they limited the time frame for when the beverage was available.

People complained about the restriction, saying Carnival should allow the coupon to be used anytime at any bar. Carnival has taken the coupon away, one would think there should be nothing to complain about now.

Look at any coupon, there are terms / restrictions printed on them.

There are aspects of this I don't get. Those that think they are entitled are complaining about a free $8 drink, what is basically a very small percentage of money they spend to vacation. I'll never get it.

This is confusing. It leads me to believe the new cruiser doesn't know how to redeem the coupon, and discontinuing it, and believing the experienced cruiser knows how to redeem it, and will continue to receive it, and here's a water as well.

Were they actually keeping track as to who was complaining about it, or is using that as a put forward falsehood as to why they did it.

I get that some are a little upset by losing the free drink. We are gold status, so we have lost the drink too. However, it is one drink, and now some have commented that they will choose others lines and not sail Carnival. Really? If you choose to sail other lines then great, nothing wrong with that. There are lots of options to choose from. But one drink that costs $8-$10 I will pay for before I choose to spend $100's or even $1000's more for a different cruise line based on NOT getting one free drink!

I get that some are a little upset by losing the free drink. We are gold status, so we have lost the drink too. However, it is one drink, and now some have commented that they will choose others lines and not sail Carnival. Really? If you choose to sail other lines then great, nothing wrong with that. There are lots of options to choose from. But one drink that costs $8-$10 I will pay for before I choose to spend $100's or even $1000's more for a different cruise line based on NOT getting one free drink!

Sometimes all one needs is a little push to try something different of new. Usually it's something minor. Could be a supermarket, a gas station, a restaurant, or even a cruise line.

Sometimes all one needs is a little push to try something different of new. Usually it's something minor. Could be a supermarket, a gas station, a restaurant, or even a cruise line.

Very true.

There is just a lot of fuss about not getting one free drink!

Very true.

There is just a lot of fuss about not getting one free drink!

I agree, much ado about something so small. We are Platinum and two crusies away from Diamond (Magic this month and Breeze in April). We actually voted to get rid of it (we did get the survey after replying to the quality survey email at the end of the last two cruises), we just never used it. Would we have if t could have been used anywhere, anytime....maybe. Hate coupons and all of that. If they just credited one drink, that would have worked. Just my opnion, yours may vary.

Can you copy and paste this "vote" that you saw? I subscribe via Facebook and have never seen this poll you talk about. And this is NOT why it was taken away! We all know why....CUTBACKS. You know it, we all know it. But nice try. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why are you so nasty? If you don't like me, don't respond to me. The poll was several months ago. Why don't you do the leg work and find it yourself? Just because you dislike Carnival and called me a cheerleader on another thread does not give you the right to harass me on this one.

Edited by Rena921

I find it hard that people wanted to do away with the coupon.

I think majority of the people wanted to use the coupon when and where they wanted. Not at a brunch and not in the dining room

It was a multiple choice poll. I agree with the fact it should have been opened up for use anytime. I also think that with leaving it for platinum and above it gives one more plat/diamond only perk to add to the list. But what people didn't realize is that even though it was a hassle, you could go in to one of the bar servers and order your drink directly from them, get it and leave.

I agree, much ado about something so small. We are Platinum and two crusies away from Diamond (Magic this month and Breeze in April). We actually voted to get rid of it (we did get the survey after replying to the quality survey email at the end of the last two cruises), we just never used it. Would we have if t could have been used anywhere, anytime....maybe. Hate coupons and all of that. If they just credited one drink, that would have worked. Just my opnion, yours may vary.

So there actually was a vote. Some seem to think other CC members are making that up.

All in all, it is one measly coupon for a free drink. Won't make or break my cruise. Might just be one less drink I consume?

Another reason that after this next vise on the Freedom CCL will have to work hard to get my business. I would cancel, save the 200 dollar penalty:rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

For 1 drink? So for say, a 5.75 obc you're there?:confused:

Wow-- people leaving because of a drink coupon ? What if you found out your cruise was going to be $8.75pp less expensive ! You could spend that $8.75 anywhere on the ship.:D

They aren't deducting the $8.75 and passing it onto booking fees. Personally, Norwegian is looking very good for our next cruise. Its not the drink that I care about, but that the Carnival VIFP program will continue to see cuts. Some won't stick around to find out what the next one will be.

They aren't deducting the $8.75 and passing it onto booking fees. Personally, Norwegian is looking very good for our next cruise. Its not the drink that I care about, but that the Carnival VIFP program will continue to see cuts. Some won't stick around to find out what the next one will be.

You are making an assumption that there will be more cuts to the VIFP program. There is no pattern here, just a simple, no more free alcoholic drink for certain levels of the program.

I to am interested in sailing others like NCL, RCCL, etc. But when comparing prices, which is an important factor to me when booking, Carnival always wins out(free drink or not)hands down.

You are making an assumption that there will be more cuts to the VIFP program. There is no pattern here, just a simple, no more free alcoholic drink for certain levels of the program.

I to am interested in sailing others like NCL, RCCL, etc. But when comparing prices, which is an important factor to me when booking, Carnival always wins out(free drink or not)hands down.

Im making a statement based on facts. There have been cuts to the program over the years like the Captains reception.

Im making a statement based on facts. There have been cuts to the program over the years like the Captains reception.

Ok, so no more captains reception, no more free drink; which have happened over the years.

I don't think anyone books a cruise based on those kinds things. Were they nice perks, sure?

I am sure other lines, like NCL, have made changes to some of their programs to, some positive some negative.

Let's not get to upset about not receiving a free drink.

There is still a Captains reception-- its just done different

you can now meet the capt along the promanade during the first formal night.

Drinks are 1.00 off

at the all you can drink capts meeting of the past-- did you ever see all the wasted drinks sitting on the tables-- if you could get near a table?

lots of people couldnt get in because it was so crowded.

I could see why them getting rid of that. Now it costs more to drink at the capt reception but not you can really meet him and get pictures taken.

I'm glad to see that you were able to vote on it too. I was pretty much called a liar for saying that there was a vote. :cool:

So you would rather they significantly increase fares just for a free drink and Captains reception? I like the fact that I am still paying close to what I paid for a cruise in 2005...sometimes even less.

That is really disappointing. Had I known that I probably would have booked with RC. Price was a little better and they offer Firefighter discounts, which Carnival doesn't offer. A bottle of water is barely enough to keep someone from looking at better prices elsewhere. Taking away that drink says a whole lot about their lack of care for return customers.

So you would rather they significantly increase fares just for a free drink and Captains reception? I like the fact that I am still paying close to what I paid for a cruise in 2005...sometimes even less.

I would say I am paying a whole lot more for cruises now than I was 6-8 years ago. I know for my honeymoon cruise we paid almost exactly the same for our balcony room, as we will be paying this time for our interior.

I've never liked the program because they go by quantity and not quality. I don't cruise as much as others, but when I do I spend betwee 3 and 5k per cruise just for the rooms.

Yet here I sit at "red": about 15 thousand dollars later...l

You make a good point. It is now based on days cruised not on the amount spent(I am not totally sure, but I think it used to be different).

I agree that those who book higher priced rooms should receive some sort of credit to their VIFP account.

Carnival could base it on every $1000 someone spends per cruise?? :confused: Or something like that.

I've never liked the program because they go by quantity and not quality. I don't cruise as much as others, but when I do I spend betwee 3 and 5k per cruise just for the rooms.

Yet here I sit at "red": about 15 thousand dollars later...l

15k on your cabin, or others as well?

Wait,wait, wait. Trying to get my normal thinking head around this again. Meet capt party changed because too many people were at it. Farewell party cancelled because too few people were at it? More problems for my normal thinking mind. lol

That is really disappointing. Had I known that I probably would have booked with RC. Price was a little better and they offer Firefighter discounts, which Carnival doesn't offer. A bottle of water is barely enough to keep someone from looking at better prices elsewhere. Taking away that drink says a whole lot about their lack of care for return customers.

So Carnival does not care about returning customers because they are no longer offering a free drink. Really?? :confused:

According to a few posters they did a survey of some sort to get feedback to lead to them making this decision.

As for finding better prices elsewhere, that does not happen often. Not impossible, but not likely. For all of our cruises(6 past, 2 future, 1 not with Carnival) Carnival was always the cheapest. Always.:)