What Is Wrong With This Board?

yes...I've had problems as well...have drafted a nice reply to board posts only to lose it when I try to send. Think I'll go back to getting on the Board at midnight...I don't have problems then! Guess too many folks have learned about the board and love cruising!

Cass

Ditto on the board problems. I've got so I copy my posts before I try to post them, then when it fails I still have the post saved, then all I have to do is re-post it. A lot of work for what's supposed to be a fun board.

Bill

The problem has gotten increasingly worse over the past 5 or 6 days. Right now it is 2:42 am (couldn't sleep) and I had no issue getting in, I hope this isn't CC's answer to the problems, wake up in the middle of the night (then again, I must be nuts logging in at this hour! LOL). I haven't been able to get past the home page for days.

Looking at the message LauraS posted, it sounds like the server can't handle the bandwidth during peak times. Too many people on CC and not enough server power.

Here is the message LauraS posted:

Message Board Access Issues

We are aware of the problems many of you have had recently with regard to accessing our message boards. Reports of frozen screens, blank white pages and "website not responding" messages as well as the dreaded "database down" have not been uncommon.

We appreciate everyone's patience as we work through these issues. Amazingly, we usually wait for the summer months to bring us a quieter time on the boards. This year we've experienced tremendous growth, quite unusual.

TIP: The busiest time of the day appears to be 3pm - 9pm ET, so if you could please try to access earlier and/or later in the day.

Once again, thanks for your patience and rest assured we are working on this.

Laura

I've had a lot of trouble getting into the RCCl Board also- butwhen I finally do,I look to see how many people are currently online and it never looks like an amount that would overwhelm the system..... I'm sure there is something technical that can be done to increase capacity??:) Forget trying to get on at 6pm- everyone has the same idea.....;)

I have had no problems getting in... that's strange that so many of you do. :rolleyes: I am on here all day too. I use my PC at work and 2 different laptops and one PC at home. Do any of you have pop up issues on your machines? That could be the cause.

I'm on here at least 8 hours a day...:eek: Maybe it's me locking it up. :)

I have been having trouble for the past few weeks. Find many people are signed on when I attempt to go on this site. So I wait awhile and keep trying. It is very annoying and frustrating. Maybe there will be a soultion soon since everybody is complaining about this problem.

What I suspect is happening this year is the same thing that happened a year ago during hurricane season. Everytime there was heavy duty hurricane activity these boards were hit to death. Locked up, slow. There was a movement afoot to get people to pay for access so there could be faster servers etc. It happens this time every year. Everyone with a cruise and uncertainty starts lurking here like mad. I cannot say I blame them at all. It's just a thing that happens.

Archived