First Time RCI Cruiser Allure

schevel

I have been reading through the forums and noticed the perks for being a repeat cruiser with Royal. Will we really notice a difference in how we are treated as first time cruisers with Royal? I think its great for company's to reward loyalty, and I am not complaining. Just was wondering what to expect or not to expect. I believe I read in Cheapos Dad review, a comparison to "sitting with the peasants" while waiting to board. We will have our 14 year old and her friend with us, figured I could do a little explaining to them before we board. Thanks in advance. :)

The service you'll receive on Royal is excellent regardless if you are a first timer or many time cruiser. The staff is courteous, polite and helpful to ALL of their guests. Yes, boarding preference is given to higher level repeat passengers, but everyone has to wait in a boarding area before embarking on the ship. I think the "sitting with peasants" remark is a bit much. Let's face it If it's Allure or Oasis, you're going to be waiting with 6000 of your closest friends to get on the ship. But the terminal is large and comfortable for everyone. And by the way, the people with higher repeat passenger status had to start with their first cruise at some point.

Gold, Platinum, and Emerald benefits are really not much to speak of and the status levels that get you noticeably recognized don't start until Diamond (80 nights). The reality is that the vast majority of the people sailing with you won't have any more recognition than you do on your first cruise. I don't say this as a criticism, just a reality. Not a big deal.

No need to worry about being a first time cruiser with RCI...you'll be in basically the same boat as 75% of your fellow cruisers (so to speak) :)

ATCMickey

Edited by ATCMickey

I have been reading through the forums and noticed the perks for being a repeat cruiser with Royal. Will we really notice a difference in how we are treated as first time cruisers with Royal? I think its great for company's to reward loyalty, and I am not complaining. Just was wondering what to expect or not to expect. I believe I read in Cheapos Dad review, a comparison to "sitting with the peasants" while waiting to board. We will have our 14 year old and her friend with us, figured I could do a little explaining to them before we board. Thanks in advance. :)

You have nothing to worry about. It starts out with outstanding treatment and adds perks as you add points for days on the ship. It's really no big deal until you get up in the high points For example we are getting ready to go to the second level (platinum) For that we get: Exclusive Top Tier Event, Robes for use onboard, Signature lapel pin, Discounts on Balcony and Suite staterooms, Matching Celebrity Cruises® Captain's Club & Azamara Club Cruises® Le Club Voyage member benefits and ChoiceAirSM Plus fee waived (ChoiceAirSM not included) This is in addition to what gold level gets. So as you can see it has nothing to do with treatment, just perks for being loyal

I believe I read in Cheapos Dad review, a comparison to "sitting with the peasants" while waiting to board. We will have our 14 year old and her friend with us, figured I could do a little explaining to them before we board. Thanks in advance. :)

Unless you arrive to early, the wait time to board Allure are pretty short. Have a great cruise.

Edited by Big_G

I believe I read in Cheapos Dad review, a comparison to "sitting with the peasants" while waiting to board.

Did you read that entire review? If so you know the guy likes to be funny. The boarding is fairly painless. Just get there by or before your designated time.

That's ignarent to say sitting with the peasants, I'm a first time cruiser aswell, going in May, We won't go to the meet and mingle coz we'd be afraid to meet people like that, we will stick on our own, we don't have big jobs or anything like that, we are not loaded to be going on cruises the hole, we are very lucky to be going on this one, once in a life time for us, I'd be very nervous to meet people like that,

That's ignarent to say sitting with the peasants, I'm a first time cruiser aswell, going in May, We won't go to the meet and mingle coz we'd be afraid to meet people like that, we will stick on our own, we don't have big jobs or anything like that, we are not loaded to be going on cruises the hole, we are very lucky to be going on this one, once in a life time for us, I'd be very nervous to meet people like that,

You really need NOT to be offended by little things like that, or you will find spending a week with 6,000 of your new best friends in close quarters to be VERY offensive.

Relax and enjoy!

If the time for your meet and mingle works with your plans, go and have a good time. People make weird comments, just ignore them. I had someone at a meet and mingle come up to me just to tell me I post a lot.:rolleyes: Funny thing is, they have thousands of posts more than I do. I ignored them then and I ignore them still as they post on these boards. Life is too short to worry about petty little people you will never run into again.

Congrats on going on your 1st cruise. don't let negative comments keep you from going to Meet & Mingle. hope this won't be your last. When we started we tried to do everything. we have since slowed down.

Have a fun time.

It's being taken out of context. Look up Harryfat2 on here. He is really a nice guy with thousands of followers. The "peasant" comment was joke. He has jokes through out his 53 page review of the Allure of the Seas. Even makes fun of his own race. It's all in good fun.

Here's a link to the post. Check it out and cut the guy a break.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2146596

Thanks lads, I am looking forward to it, im dreaming about been on the ship at night when I go to bed, even in work my boss says to me, Pam ur on the allure again wake up, coz I'm in a daze , lol lol he is going himself on the same cruise a month after me,

It's being taken out of context. Look up Harryfat2 on here. He is really a nice guy with thousands of followers. The "peasant" comment was joke. He has jokes through out his 53 page review of the Allure of the Seas. Even makes fun of his own race. It's all in good fun.

Here's a link to the post. Check it out and cut the guy a break.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2146596

I'm going to look at it now thank you,

Please don't take Cheapo Dad's comments seriously! You will not be treated any differently than others based on your cruise status. Enjoy your cruise! The Allure is a fabulous ship!!!:D

we don't have big jobs or anything like that, we are not loaded to be going on cruises the hole, we are very lucky to be going on this one, once in a life time for us

Most folks on cruises aren't rich. Take a look at the dates in my signature. We are averaging every 4 years. I'm a factory worker in Illinois. When you get on there you will find that a good percentage of us are common folk that save for a year or more to make these trips.

We cruised our first time on Allure a couple of years ago. The "waiting with the peasents" really was just a joke, which is highly evident when reading the reviews. The only perk that you might see is the reserved "good seats" a some of the shows. Honestly when we were on board we did not notice any difference with how we were treated.

That being said, while the crew may not treat you differently, you can tell from some of the posts on here that there may be some of the higher level members that may make a snide comment. I read in a post recently that while explorng he ship with their kids they ame across the Diamond lounge. When the parents said that it was only for higher level members and that they werent allowed in another couple walking in said that they were Diamond level and could.

I woul say just take everything you hear/read with a grain of salt. The Allure is a beautiful ship. You all will have a great time regardless.