Arrival Time-Why Does NCL Ask?

magictam

I have cruised Carnival, HAL, Princess and RCCL. This will be my first time with NCL. While checking in on line, it requested an arrival time, so I selected one, but don't have a clue why. Do I have to arrive during that time? What happens if I'm early or late. I'm driving from Polk City (5 hours) so could be later than I selected.

Thanks for your help.

when i looked at the checkin options for my cruise in june, i didnt see anything like that listed for the gem out of nyc.

I guess they want to have an idea of when people are coming to the termial for crowd control reasons

Thanks everyone for the replies and reassurance. I don't really expect them to turn me away if I don't make it in the time frame I picked but it's nice for the reassurance. We don't have any transfers.

I'm doing a 5K at Disney at 6:15 then driving from there.

It can be a port/terminal thing too - or the beginning of new era regarding crowd control on many cruise lines at the same time.

We sailed on Celebrity Reflection from POM in January and they were doing their version of crowd control too (first time our friends that are Elite with X saw this happen) - they sent emails and text messages (for some passengers dozens of them :D) about pre-assigned arrival times to the port based on decks. This caused an uproar on Celebrity board here and Celebrity representative had to admit that even though the email was worded like it was mandatory, the times were only suggestions.