Best time to board?

michelle028

Going on Regal - what is the ideal time to get to the port? The last shuttle leaves at 12:30pm from the hotel to the port.

Assuming you are leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. Lived close by and took over 9-10 cruises from there. We always arrived around 11 a.m. so could be close to front of line and get on ship in time to have lunch in the MDR. If you board around 1-2p.m. you usually find no lines at all. Only caveat is that we haven't left from Ft. Lauderdale in over 5 years, but wouldn't think the time has changed much.

Pooh

You'll get many answers to that question here.....we've arrived early (11am) and had great luck getting on board by noon, and we've arrived at 1pm and walked right on as well. We've also had to wait hours to board arriving at 11am as well. It's up to you, risk waiting in terminal to board with chance of getting on as early as possible, or wait until a bit later.....good luck.

I'm one of those who'd rather get on board as early as I can; that usually works to about 11:30 or so. By getting on as early as I can, I feel my cruise has begun - even tho the ship isn't moving for another four or five hours.:rolleyes:

We arrive at about 10:30 but usually not on the ship until about noon. We enjoy lunch in the MDR (noon-1:30) & requesting limited participation things such as the Winemakers Dinner (Royal & Regal). So it's worth it to sit at the terminal for about 90 minutes. However if such things (or wanting as much time as possible onboard) are not a priority, I've read posts by those arriving at 1:00 or later that said the whole boarding process took only about 15 minutes. There's no "correct answer" but just a personal preference. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

On our last cruise, which was out of FLL, we left the hotel about 9:30 on their shuttle. We dropped off a crew member from another ship and then we went to the crown. We dropped off the bags and checkin was a breeze. We were Ruby so no special boarding for us. Anyway, we were aboard by 11:30 and in our room by 11:40. I remember being slightly surprised that we had to wait to go to the MDR for lunch because it wasn't open yet!

So, one never knows just how early you can board the ship.

For me, I want on as soon as I can. That way I can begin to enjoy the ship and all it has to offer...IMHO.

I'm one of those who'd rather get on board as early as I can; that usually works to about 11:30 or so. By getting on as early as I can, I feel my cruise has begun - even tho the ship isn't moving for another four or five hours.:rolleyes:

When faced with two evils, always pick the one you haven't tried.

Ronald Reagan said: "You know you're getting older when faced with two temptations, choose the one that get's you home by 09:30 PM."

It has always been our experience that Princess starts boarding at noon. I do think some people get to board earlier but I suspect that's due to if you have a suite or are a frequent cruiser with Princess. Personally, we always arrive between 11-11:30.