Rolex

Baded

I collect fine watches....on occasion, a RARE occasion, I find a decent deal on board.

But, the majority of their sales....are not........ they aren't deals. I checked out a few watches last week on Navigator and I question the authenticity of a few...

Edited by Deptacon

If you're buying a Rolex, ONLY buy from an authorized dealer.

It would also make sense to buy it locally, so you can bring it to the authorized dealer for maintenance on a regular basis.

I know they might look nice, but who want's to buy a watch that "needs" regular maintenance. Isn't the goal of paying a premium price for a watch is to get something dependable that doesn't require maintenance ?

dp (Asks, he who wears a Timex Expedition with a camo bracelet :p)

P.S. My timex is also good at keeping track of when my steaks are cooked on the BBQ, 2 time zones, 3 alarms (vibrates) and much more.

P.S.S. I do have a nicer watch for formal nights ;)

If you're buying a Rolex, ONLY buy from an authorized dealer.

It would also make sense to buy it locally, so you can bring it to the authorized dealer for maintenance on a regular basis.

I agree with only buying from an authorized dealer 100%!! I have bought two nice watches recently and one of them was a TAG on the Navigator. I looked over it very throughly and made sure it came with the proper warranty cards. (Only AD will provide stamped/signed warranty cards.) Tip: make sure the warranty card serial number matches the serial number on the watch.

I know they might look nice, but who want's to buy a watch that "needs" regular maintenance. Isn't the goal of paying a premium price for a watch is to get something dependable that doesn't require maintenance ?

Every automatic watch that I know of has to be serviced a regular intervals to make sure the watch stays in tip top shape. If you do not understand why this is, I suggest using google. :)

dp (Asks, he who wears a Timex Expedition with a camo bracelet :p)

P.S. My timex is also good at keeping track of when my steaks are cooked on the BBQ, 2 time zones, 3 alarms (vibrates) and much more.

P.S.S. I do have a nicer watch for formal nights ;)

I understand the practical argument but enjoy wearing my Rolex every day. The service part is just something we have to accept.

Sort of like driving a Cadillac when a Chevy will get you to where you want to go just as well. There's something to be said for driving a nice car.

I understand the practical argument but enjoy wearing my Rolex every day. The service part is just something we have to accept.

Sort of like driving a Cadillac when a Chevy will get you to where you want to go just as well. There's something to be said for driving a nice car.

Well said! Bought an Omega last year and I love wearing it every day. Already wanting another... :rolleyes:

The maintenance on a Rolex is a bit overstated. My authorized dealer advised to service every seven years. My Yacht Master was serviced last year, complete service and bezel polish for right at $700.00. $100 per year is not prohibitive for me. One piece of advice, ALWAYS use authorized dealers for purchase and service. You would not want aftermarket parts installed in your watch. As far as if a Rolex is worth the price, you need to decided that for yourself.

Yes, wind it up, and it's guaranteed to run for 3 yards right up the middle; just like the Penn State offense

There is talk that they want to install astro turf in the football stadium at Penn State--

why you ask? S

So the cheerleaders won't graze !!!!@

There is talk that they want to install astro turf in the football stadium at Penn State--

why you ask? S

So the cheerleaders won't graze !!!!@

uh, sure, ha ha, (I guess)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/18/article-2219619-158C5922000005DC-302_634x587.jpg

Edited by Pennstateman