Haven Courtyard or Haven Spa-suite?

TheCount

We have been cruising on Royal for a number of years and looking to other options. On Royal, we are Diamond + and the benefits. Looking for the difference on NCL in booking a Haven type room. Info leads me to believe this is similar to RCCL suite experience. Can I ask for info relate to the Haven Courtyard vs the Haven Spa suite we are considering to book. Looking to book on the Getaway ship. Many thanks in advance as we consider moving cruise brands for a different experience. Thanks! :)

This will be my first time on NCL in many years and my TA said to go on the Breakaway. We had gone on Oceania, and the food was very good, but it was so boring, I couldn't believe it.

We chose The Haven because of the fact that it should be more quiet. We went with the courtyard just because I liked the open area. I am sure all are lovely.

I've done a Haven spa suite and it was wonderful. Nice size, the whirlpool tub right near the balcony was very romantic. The spa access was great and we really enjoyed it. The slight walk upstairs to the Haven area didn't make a bit of difference to us. Our balcony was also 54sqft as opposed to the courtyard PH being 32sqft.

We looked at both last June. We chose the Haven Spa Suite. Both the wife and I really enjoyed the spa and the Haven area, Haven bar and restaurant were only a 30 second walk from our cabin. I never used the en suite tub, but the wife loved it.

Not sure how RCCL compares as I've only sailed in their regular cabins (which aren't nearly as nice as the Haven).

You'll love it.

The two rooms you are looking at are fairly similar. The Haven Courtyard Penthouse is located within the Haven, whereas the Spa Suite is a couple of deck below. The Spa Suite has access to the Spa and has the tub by the balcony. Other than that I don't think there is much difference between the rooms.

Depending on the price, you need to consider what benefit having the Spa access would be to you. I think the Spa Suite is close enough to the Haven for it not to matter much that it isn't located within it. They will certainly both be very nice rooms.

We have been cruising on Royal for a number of years and looking to other options. On Royal, we are Diamond + and the benefits. Looking for the difference on NCL in booking a Haven type room. Info leads me to believe this is similar to RCCL suite experience. Can I ask for info relate to the Haven Courtyard vs the Haven Spa suite we are considering to book. Looking to book on the Getaway ship. Many thanks in advance as we consider moving cruise brands for a different experience. Thanks! :)

There is nothing to the RCCL suite experience that compares to NCL. We have sailed exclusively in suites on both lines on multiple ships.

The only plus on RCL are the free drinks in the concierge lounge. We also enjoy Royal, but the Haven is awesome. We did not use it as much as in the past on Getaway as there is so much to do elsewhere on the ship for our 3 teens , but RCL just doesn't have a Haven comparison ( note - I have no Quantum knowledge)

You will be very pleased with the suite experience on Getaway-

Hi Count,

I second Annmeat. I am Diamond on Royal and I love the Royal experience, but the suite experiences do not match up at all. NCL's Haven is head and shoulders above Royal's suites.

Royal PRO: free alcoholic drinks in concierge lounge between 5:30-8:00 pm and free sodas and cappuccino in concierge lounge. better room layout in grand suites, better suite balconies, better ship ambience and activities overall, especially on Oasis class ships.

NCL PRO: 2 Private Haven decks with 1 plunge pool, 2 hot tubs, sauna, cabanas, shaded and sunny padded loungers, private indoor dining room for breakfast-dinner: better than breakfast & lunch in Portofino on Royal, private outdoor dining on deck, private bar (drinks extra charge) 3 full time dedicated concierges for the Haven, as opposed to 1 part time on Royal, butlers(similar to the concierge on Royal) and stewards for each suite, much better suite bathrooms than on Royal, more in room treats and services brought to your room by your butler, more restaurant choices, theater shows better than Royal, although there is nothing to compare to the diving show on the Allure & Oasis.

My family choice is: if sailing in a suite, choose NCL on ships with a Haven. If not sailing in a suite, choose Royal.

Hi Count,

I second Annmeat. I am Diamond on Royal and I love the Royal experience, but the suite experiences do not match up at all. NCL's Haven is head and shoulders above Royal's suites.

Royal PRO: free alcoholic drinks in concierge lounge between 5:30-8:00 pm and free sodas and cappuccino in concierge lounge. better room layout in grand suites, better suite balconies, better ship ambience and activities overall, especially on Oasis class ships.

NCL PRO: 2 Private Haven decks with 1 plunge pool, 2 hot tubs, sauna, cabanas, shaded and sunny padded loungers, private indoor dining room for breakfast-dinner: better than breakfast & lunch in Portofino on Royal, private outdoor dining on deck, private bar (drinks extra charge) 3 full time dedicated concierges for the Haven, as opposed to 1 part time on Royal, butlers(similar to the concierge on Royal) and stewards for each suite, much better suite bathrooms than on Royal, more in room treats and services brought to your room by your butler, more restaurant choices, theater shows better than Royal, although there is nothing to compare to the diving show on the Allure & Oasis.

My family choice is: if sailing in a suite, choose NCL on ships with a Haven. If not sailing in a suite, choose Royal.

I third Annmeat and second 52 Marv. The butler has always been a delight to us.We dont require much, but they have always watched over our kiddos by bringing them special and extra treats,decorating the suite with the steward's help,providing non-stop cookies and strawberries. We have found nothing like this on Royal or Disney. Layout of the 2 br suites is nicer on some RCL ships and the size of the Oasis class and Freedom class multiple bedroom suites is fantastic. But that is where it ends for us.

With the cost being more than double in your opinion is the haven worth the cost. I have never sailed NCL and I am trying to make a decision for our first cruise with them. Have sailed carnival only in the past

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Haven on Getaway was absolutely wonderful. Private restaurant, pool, bar, all in one area right by the cabin. Also very convenient for husband in wheelchair. Priority seating for special shows, priority boarding and disembark, and the concierge and butler are wonderful assets. Pricey, but you get what you pay for. The ship is wonderful as well, never thought I would like mega ship but this one is a gem, next cruise on her October ;)

We are looking at the escape next January. I am trying to decide between haven or mini suite. Price is more than double.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are looking at escape for June 2016. Trying to decide between haven courtyard penthouse and haven aft suite. Never tried haven before but have been in mini suite in epic. It was very nice but not much different to normal balcony cabins- just a bit bigger. I really want to try the haven to see if the extra money is worth it. The only way to know is to give it a go! Going on anthem in June this year but royal suites are even pricier than the haven though from what I have read on various forums the haven experience is much better.

I've only been on one cruise and it was in the Haven. Our next two cruises are in the Haven (one in a couple of weeks...can't wait!). I honestly don't think my husband would ever cruise NCL not in the Haven or a suite.

Whether or not it is worth it to you depends on what you want out of cruising, which benefits of suites matter to you, etc. Take a look at all the threads regarding the Haven/suite benefits and see if they are worth the extra money.

We didn't fully utilize the Haven benefits last year because we were traveling with people who were not in the Haven. But this year we plan on spending more time there.

Hi Count,

52marv Thanks.

Your situation sounds like our situation, but no kiddlets (was empty nest at 49, YEAH!!).

On RCCL, we get the beverage package anyway, Diamond+ gives us prefer show seating etc, etc.

What interests me on the HAVEN idea, is really about the "first class" amenities and service, along with likely more adult passengers. I am having a tough choice between the Courtyard and Haven Spa suite. Trying to figure out the spa benefits. Not the Jacuzzi in the room deal, but steam room, sauna, extras that come in the spa class room? Like Aqua Class on Celebrity? ON RCCL Freedom class ships, this is open to all as part of the fitness center, Oasis/Allure, it is a charge (daily or weekly) for those amenities.

52marv Thanks.

Your situation sounds like our situation, but no kiddlets (was empty nest at 49, YEAH!!).

On RCCL, we get the beverage package anyway, Diamond+ gives us prefer show seating etc, etc.

What interests me on the HAVEN idea, is really about the "first class" amenities and service, along with likely more adult passengers. I am having a tough choice between the Courtyard and Haven Spa suite. Trying to figure out the spa benefits. Not the Jacuzzi in the room deal, but steam room, sauna, extras that come in the spa class room? Like Aqua Class on Celebrity? ON RCCL Freedom class ships, this is open to all as part of the fitness center, Oasis/Allure, it is a charge (daily or weekly) for those amenities.

The Haven Courtyard Suite and the Haven Spa Suite are essentially the same. The courtyard suite is closer to the Haven common area; the spa suite includes an in-room jacuzzi and the unlimited spa pass. (The value of a 7-day pass for two is abut $240 which makes the Spa suite a better value than the courtyard suite).

The Haven experience is the same for both. All perks are the same. The level of service and acknowledgement is far superior to RCL's treatment of suite guests. Where applicable (newer NCL ships) the private restaurant is a big difference.

The spa facilities on NCL is far superior to those on Oasis/Allure or the new Celebrity ships. The thalassotherapy (hydrotherapy) pool by itself is worth the unlimited access pass. Steam rooms, saunas, heated tile loungers are similar. NCL larger and better layout.