Complimentary drinks on Dreamliner?

lynnek

There's been an advert on TV this week saying that drinks are free on the Dreamliner, even for the cheap seats occupants! I could have that wrong though. I'll know next Friday when I put it to the test. Might be worth a google?

Remember you are flying on a P&O full charter flight.

Therefore, P&O determine what drinks are free, and tea plus coffee are actually drinks.

Remember P&O have probably sold cabins on the cheap, then will look to save costs wherever, and that includes those in the coach cabin.

Just fly BA, Virgin etc and pay for scheduled and you will have alcoholic beverages free in addition to tea and coffee.

Just fly BA, Virgin etc and pay for scheduled and you will have alcoholic beverages free in addition to tea and coffee.

But then you will have to reclaim your cases at Barbados airport unlike those on chartered flights who have bonded luggage and just go straight to the buses to transfer to the ship. You will also have to check in your hold luggage on the return leg at Barbados airport too.

Our friends flew B. A. and it took three hours from leaving the plane to getting on the ship and they also had to queue in the rain because a Virgin flight arrived about the same time so it was a long queue which extended beyond the buildings. They were bemoaning the fact that they weren't on a charter flight.

But then you will have to reclaim your cases at Barbados airport unlike those on chartered flights who have bonded luggage and just go straight to the buses to transfer to the ship. You will also have to check in your hold luggage on the return leg at Barbados airport too.

Our friends flew B. A. and it took three hours from leaving the plane to getting on the ship and they also had to queue in the rain because a Virgin flight arrived about the same time so it was a long queue which extended beyond the buildings. They were bemoaning the fact that they weren't on a charter flight.

A small price to pay.

The seat pitch on BA and Virgin is 2" less than Thomson so they are more cramped so another disadvantage to charters.

Check it out on seatplans.

Brian

Yes but look at the Dreamliner and new TC seat reviews, so thin, hard and uncomfortable for long haul flights, the extra 2" legroom comes with a price - very thin seats with hardly any padding/cushioning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but look at the Dreamliner and new TC seat reviews, so thin, hard and uncomfortable for long haul flights, the extra 2" legroom comes with a price - very thin seats with hardly any padding/cushioning.

It's not extra on the Dreamliner. The longhaul 767's have the same pitch.

Brian

It's not extra on the Dreamliner. The longhaul 767's have the same pitch.

Brian

Yes that's because the 767 hasn't been refurbed in 300 years, they have the old comfy seats but are due for the knackers yard soon.

Ok so our fare to Miami costs more than the cruise but for a Club World flat bed, 2 x 23kg suitcases EACH, 23kg of hand luggage as Port says, unlimited drinks including Tattinger Champagne and tanqueray gin but most importantly the fully lie flat bed - it's worth it.

Ok so our fare to Miami costs more than the cruise but for a Club World flat bed, 2 x 23kg suitcases EACH, 23kg of hand luggage as Port says, unlimited drinks including Tattinger Champagne and tanqueray gin but most importantly the fully lie flat bed - it's worth it.

Well said.

Plus you are on/off first, and your aircraft overhead locker is not full with other flyers stuff full when you open it.:D

Yes that's because the 767 hasn't been refurbed in 300 years, they have the old comfy seats but are due for the knackers yard soon.

Misrepresentation, hyperbole :rolleyes:

Edited by cruisebore

Quite an interesting thread, and it all comes down to what value you put on the extra facilities, and how you wish to spend your cash. When flying for the company nothing less than business class would be acceptable. Now I find the cost of turning left on entering the aircraft can be challenging.

Cb

Edited by cruisebore

Hi Guys, just remember with BA you get 23 kilos of Hand Luggage :D

Not many people know this. Also the scheduled flight attendants on BA, Vrgin etc are, for the most part, not misrable cretins.

Can you lift 23k into the overhead lockers!

David.