Shuttle between FLL Port and Port of Miami

ladysail2

Is it true that there are vans at the Port Everglades that will take me directly to the Port of Miami? I know that I've taken one before, but it was reserved for a group of us. This time, I am by myself, and hoping just to hop into a van with others to be shuttled to Miami.

Thank you for any information...:D

I would check with the suggestions above as well as MJS, Jiffy Jeff and Go Airport. Unless it is a van booked to take a group from port to port with room for you plan on a ride from PE to FLL to drop off and pick-up passengers, and then a ride to POM.

Or you could jump into a cab and be there in about 45 minutes for about $80 - check your roll call to see if others want to share the ride.

Thank you for all your suggestions. I'm getting off a ship in the port at Fort Lauderdale, then going directly to the Port of Miami to embark another ship the same day.

From my phone calls...it seems that these companies do not take people from port to port directly. Sure, they'll take you from the port to the airport....then I suppose that there are vans willing to take people from the airport to the cruise port.

Two companies have told me that there are vans at the cruise port waiting to transport people. I think what I'll do..is simply wander out to the area, I know where it is, and enquire...if I have to go port-airport-port, then I will. I have lots of time.

If you have experience with a shuttle service that has actually done a port to port transfer, please let me know and I'll give them a call.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. :D

Honestly, as dumb as it sounds, port to airport, and then airport to port, might be the cheapest way for you. Especially leaving FLL. The airport is only 5 minutes away from the port so it's not like you will be on the shuttle very long and going completely out of your way. If those companies will not do it port to port than this is probably your only way to do it without renting a car or taking a taxi. Still, doing port to airport and airport to port will save you money. A taxi from port everglades to port of miami would not be cheap, especially if you hit traffic with a meter running.

Thank you for all your suggestions. I'm getting off a ship in the port at Fort Lauderdale, then going directly to the Port of Miami to embark another ship the same day.

From my phone calls...it seems that these companies do not take people from port to port directly. Sure, they'll take you from the port to the airport....then I suppose that there are vans willing to take people from the airport to the cruise port.

Two companies have told me that there are vans at the cruise port waiting to transport people. I think what I'll do..is simply wander out to the area, I know where it is, and enquire...if I have to go port-airport-port, then I will. I have lots of time.

If you have experience with a shuttle service that has actually done a port to port transfer, please let me know and I'll give them a call.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. :D

Did you call QLS? I'm surprised QLS won't transport port to port. If they don't, take the shuttle to Miami airport and catch a taxi to the port. Its $24 flat rate per taxi for up to 5 people.

What about FLL Hotel and Miami port?

For shuttle service between FLL hotels and POM check with SAS, QLS, MJS & Go Airport; check the company web sites where they list the hotels they pick up at to save yourself a trip back to the FLL airport.

Did you call QLS? I'm surprised QLS won't transport port to port. If they don't, take the shuttle to Miami airport and catch a taxi to the port. Its $24 flat rate per taxi for up to 5 people.

Noooooo! :eek: Do not shuttle to MIA (about $35-45+ and 45-60 minutes away) so that you can catch a flat rate cab. :confused:

OP is travelling from Port Everglades to POM - if there is not a direct shuttle (and I am not aware of one unless it is specifically booked by a group doing back-to-back cruises) then the above advice to shuttle/cab to FLL and then shuttle to POM is the best advice. :cool:

For shuttle service between FLL hotels and POM check with SAS, QLS, MJS & Go Airport; check the company web sites where they list the hotels they pick up at to save yourself a trip back to the FLL airport.

Thanks John. I was looking on a couple of these websites yesterday. I believe I am going to have to email some because I do see some of the hotels, but there are no times as to when they pick-up. They show times for pick-ups at the airport, but not hotels. One of the places said they pick-up at hotels within 3 miles of the airport, but do not list our hotel. And our hotel website states they are 2 miles from the airport? Thanks again. :cool::):cool:

Noooooo! :eek: Do not shuttle to MIA (about $35-45+ and 45-60 minutes away) so that you can catch a flat rate cab. :confused:

OP is travelling from Port Everglades to POM - if there is not a direct shuttle (and I am not aware of one unless it is specifically booked by a group doing back-to-back cruises) then the above advice to shuttle/cab to FLL and then shuttle to POM is the best advice. :cool:

The Shuttle is only $15pp, not $35-$45 or do they not shuttle to MIA from Port Everglades?

The Shuttle is only $15pp, not $35-$45 or do they not shuttle to MIA from Port Everglades?

The shuttles from the FLL area to POM/downtown Miami typically charge about $15 per person (lots of customers). For late night runs from FLL to downtown Miami (fewer customers) you'll pay more and after 6:00 PM many will not go at all.

From PE and FLL to the MIA airport (very few customers) only a couple of services are licensed (SAS is not one of them) and the last time I checked the fares were in the $35-45 range -- making the cruise transfer bus a reasonable alternative. You can go on line to Super Shuttle, Go Airport or American Shuttle and see the fares.

The advice above from kelkel2 makes sense - a quick stop by the FLL airport (via either shuttle or cab) and then a shuttle to POM makes the most sense - there just are not many cruisers making the back to back (or is it side to side? :confused:) trip between PE &POM to make it worthwhile for the shuttles to make the run unless it is a large group that has pre-booked the van.