Carnival Freedom 12 Day Repo Cruise with tons of pictures

lovestocruise19

Great start so far! I wish we had gotten to cruise Freedom before she left FLL. Maybe there will be a cruise on her from her new homeport that sparks our interest. We just don't see too many cruises from Galveston that have itineraries we would enjoy.

Can't wait to read more about your adventure!

We went to dinner around 7 p.m. This was our first time doing Your Time Dining. We were seated right away at a table for two, but another couple was seated at a table for two really close to us so we chatted with them. Their names are Larry and Linda from Minnesota. They have been married for 44 years and have been on lots of cruises, but they said this was their first time back on Carnival in awhile.

DH had chicken tenders, beef brisket and orange cake. I had heart of iceberg lettuce, chicken a la greque and WCMC. I didn't take as many food pics this cruise. We were actually seated in a really dark section in the MDR a few times, which made it hard to take decent food pics.

We went to the Welcome Aboard show. Jen Baxter was our cruise director. I really liked her! After that we got ice cream and wandered around the outside decks.

Great start so far! I wish we had gotten to cruise Freedom before she left FLL. Maybe there will be a cruise on her from her new homeport that sparks our interest. We just don't see too many cruises from Galveston that have itineraries we would enjoy.

Can't wait to read more about your adventure!

Yeah, they are also moving Breeze and Liberty to Galveston next year. Liberty is one of my favorite ships and we've wanted to try Breeze for awhile, but not sure if we will get a chance since she'll be moving to Texas.

I got up around 8:45 a.m. and took a shower. Definitely never had to worry about hot water as it was always nice and warm. DH was dozing so I went up to Lido and got cinnamon buns, a honeydew melon slice, apple juice and hot chocolate. This was when the crew member helped me by setting my juice on the table for me. He even went and got me a napkin with silverware! I brought DH some OJ and cinnamon buns, but he was dozing.

DSCN0242.JPG

DSCN0243.JPG

DSCN0245.JPG

I went to the gift shop and it was crowded and I didn't buy anything. I was actually a little disappointed with the gift shop. It didn't seem to have as much as some of the other gift shops have had. I originally bought a funnel keychain on the Freedom and was hoping to find it since mine broke and when I tried to put it back together it got all messed up and gluey, but no dice. Back in the room DH said he might go to Serenity so I went ahead of him. I checked out Facebook on my phone and tried to upload a picture, but it didn't work. Then I hung out and waited for DH. And waited and waited. I decided to go back to the room a little before noon and he had fallen asleep again. Lol!

We got lunch together. Guy's burger for him and a turkey deli sandwich for me. I was wearing my sparkly funnel t-shirt and the deli worker told me he liked my shirt. He then asked if I was cruising alone. I said I was with my husband. Was he just being friendly or something more? Lol!

We went down to guest services after lunch and after waiting in a short line I found out that we didn't have to split our OBC and cruise cash between our accounts because when DH uses his sign and sail it just draws from mine since they were linked. We went back to the room for a bit and then up to Serenity. DH snagged a hammock for the first time ever on a cruise and I read my Kindle while he dozed. The hammock was in the shade so I got a little chilly and layed in the sun for a bit. I then went and got ice cream. I came back just as DH was leaving and went with him to get him some ice cream.

We then went to the Red Frog Pub where he got Red Frog beer. I got a Deal Closer from Alchemy and it was so super strong that I only drank about a third of it before "abandoning ship" on it. We listened to Jen host 50's song trivia in the lobby from the Promenade and then went back to the room for a bit before dinner.

It was the first elegant night so we got all dolled up. I wore my blue cruise dress. :)

DSCN0248.JPG

We had to wait about 50 minutes before we were seated! They gave us a buzzer thing. I guess that is one of the pitfalls to YTD. We waited nearby in the lobby even though they said the buzzer would work anywhere except your room.

DSCN0267.JPG

Yes, it was very frustrating. Long story short we had two flight cancellations and a really long drive home. Came back to bitter cold and three feet of snow!

We live in MA and had 2 flight cancellations as well. We finally flew into Rochester NY and drove home. Left NY on Sat around1030p and got home Sunday morning around 7. It was horrible haha

We live in MA and had 2 flight cancellations as well. We finally flew into Rochester NY and drove home. Left NY on Sat around1030p and got home Sunday morning around 7. It was horrible haha

We drove home from Baltimore! Started at 10:45 p.m. Sunday night and got home at 7:45 a.m. Monday!