"LIVE" from the Oasis of the Seas - February 21, 2015

niksmom630

Thanks for the pics of the Suite Lounge/Coastal Kitchen. For some reason I had it stuck in my mind the VCL had been separated with a wall or something to make it seem smaller....I totally made that up in my own head ). Looks great...we'll be spending a lot of time up there in 3 1/2 weeks....

I love seeing others pics. I am on this next year in feb. Thank you for your time. I am wondering can you post pics of the compass all the pages this is a great help in us over planners :) . I would be so happy for this . Enjoy the warmth it was -12 wind chill today. It is 6 right now windchill -6 so enjoy the beach weather.. You are not missing much. Please bring us back the warm sun.

amanda

have you asked your cabin attendant if they could bring a lounge chair for the balcony? also curious what the tequilla bar is like.

We didn't ask for a chair, but there is certainly plenty of room.

Thoroughly enjoying your live post. We cannot wait for our first Oasis cruise. Quick question: the aft GS that you posted pictures of, what floor was it on? I know a lot has been said about the two "small" rooms but the ones in the photo look nice.

Sorry, I can't recall the deck #, I know both Grand Suites we saw were on the same deck....but you can try posting in our roll call, ladyariande has been active and will probably reply.

Thank you so much for the great review. I have one request...can you take a picture of the dogs when you get back and post them? The picture are awesome!!

Thanks! Yes, I will post a pic of my girlies when I return 😊

Hi

Are you going to find out for me how much a shot of rum costs? Hope you're having fun can't wait to hear more

They don't have shot prices on any of the drink menus, but I'll inquire today

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I love seeing others pics. I am on this next year in feb. Thank you for your time. I am wondering can you post pics of the compass all the pages this is a great help in us over planners :) . I would be so happy for this . Enjoy the warmth it was -12 wind chill today. It is 6 right now windchill -6 so enjoy the beach weather.. You are not missing much. Please bring us back the warm sun.

amanda

Yes, I will scan all the compasses when I return, and upload them here!

Good morning! Welcome to day 4! I had grand plans to catch the sunrise this morning, but missed it by 10 minutes!

We had a little rainbow this morning, and it looks like the start of another beautiful day...

38FC4D58-13E1-40A6-83E3-DFD3853E65F9_zpshb7zo9y2.jpg

Some photos from yesterday...the ZipLine

D5656F0F-1143-4111-8719-318F812D061C_zpsuwdazuy5.jpg

EEF3AA72-AA50-4FD6-A089-02671F37519A_zpsz7sstexw.jpg

Flow rider

B7F3C0F7-BF34-40E3-889B-99F5779115DE_zpsviqvdzke.jpg

These pineapple piña colada drinks were hot sellers at the pool yesterday. I talked briefly with a woman who ordered one who said they were so heavy it was like carrying around a small child.. 😂

3E0827B7-A438-416F-8A12-10E0DCA0E90C_zpsd3fufz4p.jpg

I'm going to be taking photos of the Boardwalk, Central Park, and promenade today when the crowds clear out. We should be docking in about an hour and a half, and I'm hoping to see Quantam when we are nearing the port...although we are at Crown Bay, and she will be at Havensight.....

Ha!!! Busted! We were in one last year on Allure, so I'd seen one before, and it just would have prompted an episode of Jr. Suite envy!!

Great meeting you today, hope our paths cross again this cruise!!!

Heh. The mingle, crawl and slot pull were all great fun.

Excellent job on the thread, your photos are wonderful.

Great job. Can't wait to hear the MTD experience on your first night. I'm becoming concerned about MTD versus traditional, though I like the idea of the freedom of it -- my husband is not the most patient of men, especially when he's hungry. No rush -- don't spoil the rest of your week with a bad memory.

Our new roll call "suite" friends got us a quick tour of The Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.....formerly the Viking Crown

Chefs table

18AB4340-F466-4C64-9702-497B7504E4EA_zpslmkhhuho.jpg

Very intersting, Chef's Table has comeback. Maybe because Wonderland got the axe? It was not in the SL/CK in November. Now that the Diamond Lounge has taken over the old CL on both levels, Chef's Table had to go somewhere.

Very savy, put it where guests can see how the suite life lives.

What time did you arrive in St. Thomas and what time were you able to get off the ship at this morning. Also is the time difference between ship time and local time in St. Thomas?

I ask as I will be on this same cruise in 2 weeks and we have an excursion planned with a private company and want to make sure we get to where we have to be on time.

Thanks for your live review - it is making me more excited for my trip in less than 2 weeks.

Very intersting, Chef's Table has comeback. Maybe because Wonderland got the axe? It was not in the SL/CK in November. Now that the Diamond Lounge has taken over the old CL on both levels, Chef's Table had to go somewhere.

Very savy, put it where guests can see how the suite life lives.

Indeed! I always figured it would make its grand return... Too much revenue for RCI to give up. No plausible excuse that they couldn't find space for Chef's Table on the world's largest cruise ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks, Andrew, yes, we had the shower amenities. The luggage tags were also still affixed, but in 18 or so cruises, this was the latest our luggage has ever arrived, so in fact they made no difference.

This was our first sailing as D+.....this what we experienced thus far:

-Ordered RCI beach towel as an amenity, and bottled water. Got 4 bottles of water, no beach towel.

- got an invitation to join one of three behind the scenes tours-galley, entertainment, or bridge. I signed up for the galley.

- got this "fruit and cheese" plate.....good Lord! most people could survive for a week on this.

It seems so wasteful. The cheese plate from room service or a few strawberries would have been more than sufficient!

Niksmom, thanks the info. That is quite the fruit plate. Too bad about the luggage delivery, it is ironicly funny though.:) We become D+ at the end of your next cruise, so when we get our tags we will leave them at home.

Andrew

I was hell bent on getting a photo of Quantum this morning. So began my journey which started on the deck 14 forward sun deck. There's a view of the helipad also, and two sets of binoculars on the wings.

DD53D067-B656-4F1C-B0F5-34871713035D_zpsdxe5hgux.jpg

827CE5F4-46FC-461D-A316-E61B9E051288_zpsm5oxcn7m.jpg

I was trying to affix my polarizer in order to get a shot of the helipad through the glass as I am vertically challenged, but wound up dropping it, and then chasing my filter around in the 50 miles per hour winds. I'm sure I provided some great entertainment for those on on the sun deck 😂

In the end, this was the best I could manage, because I wasn't going to chance it a second time

3CFF55A7-F82F-43CE-B7AC-D9E2B045BC4B_zpsebbcnmox.jpg

I have yet to see the loungers untethered on this deck, so the only sunning you will be doing is standing up....