"LIVE" from the Oasis of the Seas - February 21, 2015

niksmom630

Good morning, everyone! It's boarding day! It's apparent that I'm excited for this journey to begin, because I've been up since 3 a.m.! 😧

Apparently, DBIL's room debacle continued well into the evening. When his keys still weren't operating, the switched him to another room, but apparently it was a handicapped room. As everything was designed for wheelchair height, including the mirrors, this was not workable for someone who is 6'2". So they switched him yet again to another room, and provided hime 4 complementary breakfast coupons for his troubles.

In spite of the fact that the staff really seems to go out of their way to be helpful, I don't think we'll stay here again.

The "good" about this hotel...

- grounds and scenery are lovely

- beds are extremely comfortable

- rooms have been "updated" with modern furnishings

The "not so good "......

- room key issues

- burned out bulbs and non functioning outlet in the bathroom

- high priced beverages - $24 for three bottled beers

- refrigerator rattled most of the evening.

We're heading for our "free" breakfasts shortly, then taking a taxi to the pier. They really seem to be pushing their shuttle services around here...there are signs everywhere. I've inquired a few times about taxi's, and every staff member keeps touting the benefits of the shuttle....this isn't our first rodeo, so a taxi it will be!

Thanks to everyone following along for the nice comments, especially about my pups! 😊

I miss them already, but my dog sitter says they are adjusting well!

More photos coming....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Semi obstructed view from the balcony...its a bit cloudy and breezy...hoping the sun makes an appearance

8D90A202-6C1A-4663-846A-121F2E762288_zpskkufcfaw.jpg

Clouds are breaking up.....

5B885984-AC03-4CC4-A5AD-E438E21FC78B_zpstjawoid2.jpg

Some photos during my early morning coffee run...

F2B056B1-69ED-4A74-87B8-584C921C7854_zps3yatry9h.jpg

11781876-353C-44B1-A66D-CC23E249953D_zpsdgnipugn.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What's the problem with the hotel shuttle?

Nothing wrong with shuttle IMO. However, sometimes a taxi can actually be less if you have 4 people.

I'd also rather have a taxi, even if it's a few dollars more but that's just me.

Looking forward to the review! My turn in a few more weeks!

I can't wait to follow along! Our cruise isn't until November, so I have to live vicariously through you....

We also stayed at the Hilton Marina last November when we cruised but stayed in the Tower. I wonder if that would make a difference. We had no issues and the room was great. There was a line to get a table for b'fast - we thought we got down there early but so did everyone else! - but it went quickly and the food was yummy.

Enjoy yourself!

Michelle

Thank you for doing a review. Sept/Oct is a long way off for our next cruise.

ETA: interested to hear how you like Bryan Petersons's book. It's a favorite of mine and always comes highly recommended.

Edited by MAJPLO

I can't wait to follow along! Our cruise isn't until November, so I have to live vicariously through you....

We also stayed at the Hilton Marina last November when we cruised but stayed in the Tower. I wonder if that would make a difference. We had no issues and the room was great. There was a line to get a table for b'fast - we thought we got down there early but so did everyone else! - but it went quickly and the food was yummy.

Enjoy yourself!

Michelle

You may be right about the tower rooms. I had requested one, but they were not available. We also had to wait in line for breakfast, but seeing as we had 4 free, it was worth the wait.😄

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Left the hotel at 1040. Despite my insistence on taking a taxi, I got talked into the shuttle that was already waiting for $6 pp. Curbside to diamond plus waiting area was 20 minutes. They are beginning boarding now! 😊

We were planning on heading over to the oasis around noon until we got the letter saying not to arrive until 2pm earlier this week. Is boarding going normally or should we wait?

It was moving just fine, the terminal was relatively empty, enjoying my first beverage!

My "light" reading for the plane ride down. This was recommended by someone on the photography section of the CC boards.

6465D06C-C8C7-4032-BF2A-E3B9AD8CD27B_zpsxbxlb0d3.jpg

Awesome photography book! Will get you off "auto" and allow you to have more creative fun with your pictures. I've loaned my copy to many friends.

Awesome photography book! Will get you off "auto" and allow you to have more creative fun with your pictures. I've loaned my copy to many friends.

Looking forward to it! I've only been using my iPhone so far. I'll break out my Nex today!

We're still stuffed from breakfast, but here's today's lunchtime dining options

527F8C7E-5F2A-4407-BA41-4D19ED084128_zps6hekrbwt.jpg

$110.75 for 2 devises with our DP discount! So far my photobucket uploads are lightening fast!

E4F2F4C5-A252-4AEE-9A82-B54A57C6E971_zps9j353lmg.png

My view

40BC76BD-FC87-466A-AA28-3D757492D294_zps5pnr3ldf.jpg

INFLATION STRIKES!! Piña coladas are now $12 + gratuity!!! 😳😳😳

Thank you for posting internet price!

Any chance you have seen anything listed with specialty dining half off tonight?

Nothing in the boarding compass. Well drop off carry ons in abut 20 minutes, I'll check to see what we have in the cabin! The one devise was only around $100, pre discount... 👍

5 photo uploads to photobucket in a minute and a half. I must be dreaming!😴 woo hoo, this makes live reporting a breeze!

Beer " buckets" alive and well

B829281F-7EE0-42E7-BE78-9635738C6D1E_zpspjx5v59z.jpg

Pics before leaving the Hilton

B596A273-6C55-4E74-AD3A-282CCC1F5A91_zpsqjfuqaii.jpg

719263DA-D824-47EC-A2F6-0FC48F73D094_zpsi4nyewud.jpg

B880BDA7-B014-472D-A7A0-719FC205E849_zpswpmu5nz4.jpg

5719BED9-EAAF-4ED0-804F-140AA3A4D13F_zpsnehpdc5f.jpg