Booking flight seats

cruisebore

Do you book your seats of just turn up at the airport and take pot luck

It appears that less than 50% of the seats are booked for our 6the March Barbados flight However in the case of the window & aisle seats, circa 70%

Cb

We bite the bullet and pay to book our seats as an insurance - as it's a relatively long flight I prefer to sit next to my OH and not risk being unable to if we wait until check-in.

On our Barbados flight there quite a few couples seated one behind the other on aisle seats - not too conducive to having a conversation (although we have friends who choose to do that or sit across the aisle from one another as one is chatty and gets on the other's nerves especially on the overnight return flight!!)

We booked our seats to Barbados as soon as they became available. Our next door neighbours flew out to the Ventura in Barbados in Dec and some people that hadn't pre booked were sat nowhere near each other. They had to just take what was left. I would hate that on a long haul.

We didn`t pre-book. We were in the middle beside each other We got to the airport three hours before the flight.

Some on our flight didn`t get their booked seats as there was a last minute plane change but those who had booked long leg seats and didn`t get them were told they would get a refund, not much of a consolation if you have very long legs.

Do you book your seats of just turn up at the airport and take pot luck

It appears that less than 50% of the seats are booked for our 6the March Barbados flight However in the case of the window & aisle seats, circa 70%

Cb

The solutions are simple

Pay to book seats on charter

Pay to upgrade to premium seats on charter

Pay to fly scheduled

Edited by PORT ROYAL

The solutions are simple

Pay to fly scheduled

Please can you explain what Pay to fly scheduled has to do with this topic :confused:

Perhaps I should have made it clearer that I was referring to P&O charter flights

Cb

Edited by cruisebore

The solutions are simple

Pay to fly scheduled

Please can you explain what Pay to fly scheduled has to do with this topic :confused:

Perhaps I should have made it clearer that I was referring to P&O charter flights

Cb

Ray is missing so Lord Charles is here.;)

Edited by tjwa

How soon before the holiday is your flight confirmed and when does seat booking start? Do they contact you to let you know or is it a question of looking daily at the personalised? First time P&O ......chartered plane to Barbados. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How soon before the holiday is your flight confirmed and when does seat booking start? Do they contact you to let you know or is it a question of looking daily at the personalised? First time P&O ......chartered plane to Barbados. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(just correcting/editing this post in case you have already read that - sorry that 90 days was for a flight booked with Thomson Airways directly) .

It may vary according to the carrier - we went with Thomson.

But I've just looked back at my P&O booking info - our Barbados flight seats opened for booking 9 weeks before departure - in our case 22nd Nov for a 24th Jan departure. There was no email alert. I just checked my personaliser that morning and the seat bookings had gone live.

Edited by kruzseeka