Port of Tampa fog this morning....

manders175

Since this was a full charter and Royal does not handle the booking, I doubt there are any b2b cruisers aboard.

B2B doesn't apply as the previous cruise was due in yesterday so any B2B's would be for the cruise that was just cancelled. So, there can't be any B2B cruisers onboard for the next cruise, unless someone from the previous cruise is doing a B2B2B.

Yes no announcements yet on how we will get off the ship. When we were up on deck 13 at the Diamond Club area there was talk from the cruise planners that they were told it would take about 15 mins to clear the ship. Only a few internationals on board here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We sailed a month ago on a B2B2B on different ships (BOS, VOS, VOS). I've been sitting here wondering what would have happened if we were on the BOS and got fogged out but the VOS didn't. Being from California flying home for a week would not be nice at all.

Generally, though not always true, if inbound is stopped, outbound is as well. I've seen some times, at Port Arthur, TX, where they will start the outbounds, hoping to get clearing visibility, and then have to either turn them around or stop and dock them when it doesn't actually clear.

My wife and I luckily just moved to Tampa this past week before the cruise from Chicago. This was kind of our reward to unwind. Luckily I have a place in Tampa but I still need to fly first thing tomorrow for work.

Listening to the Coast Guard radio, all shipping zones are closed. The Coast Guard worked some special magic to bring the ship in tonight. Looking at the Port Video Cameras, you can now see the Brilliance! Great big thank you to the men and women of the Coast Guard!

Amen to that and yes thank you to all who are helping us get in. Special thanks to the USCG for safe passage support.

Listening to the Coast Guard radio, all shipping zones are closed. The Coast Guard worked some special magic to bring the ship in tonight.

while YOUR congressional representatives are planning to cut off their pay .... over political issues not related to the services provided . . .

Listening to the Coast Guard radio, all shipping zones are closed. The Coast Guard worked some special magic to bring the ship in tonight.

while YOUR congressional representatives are planning to cut off their pay .... over political issues not related to the services provided . . .

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] So very true.

There she is! Welcome home T2B2

BOS.jpg

Thanks. We just hope the media doesn't want to swarm everyone as we get off.

CNN and Fox News Tampa wanted me to do phone / skype interviews today. I passed as I don't need the attention and it would have tied up precious bandwidth and phone lines.

T2B2

Thanks for all the updates. Glad you all are nearly there.

Bed time now as it's nearly 11pm in Scotland.

The last few days has cut the boredom of waiting for our next cruise..

Thanks again,

Thanks and good night. Helped pass the time here too.

OK, so not knowing if you need to get a hotel or if you are ok to stay on the ship is a decision that should have been made hours ago.

Royal should have that figured out????

Understand what you are saying. I think it has a lot to do with clearing the ship with customs. I expect we will hear something soon. We have about 80 mins to the dock even though we are close we are moving at 3.4 kts.

d65be3ce1ccf5820854caa1771529dda.jpg

They just made an announcement that everyone has to get off the ship. They are going to allow those who want to use the ship as a hotel to come back on.

Everyone has to get off first. Once the ship cleared those guest who want use the ship as a hotel can after 9 pm. They will have the ability to come and go as they please. Have to be fully off the ship by 10 AM.

Guest on the 11 pm charter flight to Columbus get priority off at 7:15. Those leaving and not staying get off at 7:45 and those using the BotS as a hotel can clear customs at 8:15 and back on at 9 PM.