Happy Hour on Regatta

Let yet?

Speaking of bars on Regatta: perhaps some of you remember Gusti, the evening bartender in Martini's. One of the nicest fellows you'd ever want to meet.

I just got an e-mail from him that he is home in Bali while his wife is pregnant. For now, he's running a small transport service for visiting tourists. Hopefully, we'll see him back with Oceania at some future point.

Also, I can't remember the name of the terrific piano player in Martini's - another great crew member (from Croatia or thereabouts?). Pretty much every time we walked into Martini's he'd start playing "I left my heart in SF."

Pavel was on the piano when we were on the Regatta in April and also on the Marina in December. This is what he looks like.

riv14_shows_img_5678.jpg

Is that him?

Mike and Carol, we loved your web site, the Bermuda review had such a wonderful description of the Oceania Regatta, we got our deck plan from the brochure and followed all the areas you talked about and the pictures, it was so interesting and fun.

Thank you for taking so much time

Karen and John

Mike and Carol, we loved your web site, the Bermuda review had such a wonderful description of the Oceania Regatta, we got our deck plan from the brochure and followed all the areas you talked about and the pictures, it was so interesting and fun.

Thank you for taking so much time

Karen and John

Thanks so much. I am glad the review helped in your planning.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone that has been on the Regatta lately know what brand of house wine they use for wine served by the glass?

That can depend on what you are looking for ... red? white? rose?

I tend to order a bottle from the wine list but whenever I had ordered a glass of wine on the menu (for me that is probably a cabernet sauvignon), it has been fine. (Not from a bottle that cost $100, of course!)

Just so you know where I am coming from, I like dry hearty wines. But I'm by no means an oenophile.

Mura