Rhapsody Queensland review with Newcastle, Cairns, airlie beach; brisbane reviews

Thanks for your review. We will be on the rhapsody in april. Could you please tell me if you were docked in the centre of cairns or out at yorkeys knob.

thanks

Rhapsody docks right in Cairns :). Very convenient, especially on the 2 day/overnight stopovers!

Docking right in Cairns is great as it means you can wander to and from the ship as you please. Just follow the esplanade footpath to the city centre, pool etc. We are going again so may run into you on board.

Thanks I was there in December on century and docked in the city, so all will be good.we took the public bus up to palm Cove for lunch and a swim.

we are on Sydney to Singapore 17 April traveling with friends from adelaide.

Docking right in Cairns is great as it means you can wander to and from the ship as you please. Just follow the esplanade footpath to the city centre, pool etc. We are going again so may run into you on board.

Yep docking in town is good in any town, must be better for the town too.

you will dock at the port of Cairns and can walk to many things Hopefully April will be cooler than February was. It was hotter than H*LL.

I travel throughout Asia a lot and know my different Cultures. The majority of those I commented on were Chinese.

As a matter of fact on my last tour out of Melbourne "Wildlife and Wine,". we had just finished lunch and was walking from the restaurant to the Cellar door for a tasting which was in a spread out complex. A foursome approached (not on our tour) me and another tourmate couple walking and asked in broken English where was the tasting. So I pointed them in the right direction. Then this tourmate from the UK, (probably already had too much to drink) said, you want sake or wine. I was somewhat mortified and commented to him, they are Chinese not Japanese. He said, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they are Japanese. I wasn't going to argue, but he repeated it again. I was happy the women obviously heard him and turned around abruptly and said loudly, "Chinese." He was pretty quiet after that one. I was really surprised to see someone act like that.

I think what people were trying to subtly point out was that just because there are people of Asian ethnicity working in shops etc most Australians do not see this As a "Chinese takeovers" . We love our multiculturalism and geographically we are closer to Asia than Europe. The term "takeover " is not really appropriate

I think what people were trying to subtly point out was that just because there are people of Asian ethnicity working in shops etc most Australians do not see this As a "Chinese takeovers" . We love our multiculturalism and geographically we are closer to Asia than Europe. The term "takeover " is not really appropriate

Spot on. Australia is founded on immigration, doesn't matter where you were born of where your parents were born, if you live here, you're an Aussie. On a side note, you would have also probably come across a whole lot of English, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, German, Greek, French and Italian people working in shops as well, but there was no mention of a European takeover :rolleyes: I guess it's only an issue if you look different :(

Spot on. Australia is founded on immigration, doesn't matter where you were born of where your parents were born, if you live here, you're an Aussie. On a side note, you would have also probably come across a whole lot of English, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, German, Greek, French and Italian people working in shops as well, but there was no mention of a European takeover :rolleyes: I guess it's only an issue if you look different :(

But you have to watch out, us Kiwis are being very sneaky about taking over the West Island. ;)

Normally you'd be able to tell by the accent but I read somewhere that the Sydney accent is getting closer and closer to the NZ accent. :D

But you have to watch out, us Kiwis are being very sneaky about taking over the West Island. ;)

Normally you'd be able to tell by the accent but I read somewhere that the Sydney accent is getting closer and closer to the NZ accent. :D

And is it any wonder, I think there's more of yous here than there.

As I said above, we're sneaky ;) :D

Bloody foreiners coming here and taking all our jobs. Next minute you'll be wanting us to convert our society to your crazy ways. The minute I see chocolate fish in the shops I'm moving to England. :p

Bloody foreiners coming here and taking all our jobs. Next minute you'll be wanting us to convert our society to your crazy ways. The minute I see chocolate fish in the shops I'm moving to England. :p

Start packing! Several supermarkets that I shop at, both Coles and Woolworths, now have an NZ foods section which includes chocolate fish. :D

....you would have also probably come across a whole lot of English, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, German, Greek, French and Italian people working in shops as well, but there was no mention of a European takeover :rolleyes: I guess it's only an issue if you look different :(

what about all those Scandanavian backpackers working in the bars & restaurants in Darling Harbour, Manly & Bondi, Gold Coast, Byron Bay? Maybe a viking invasion :)

The minute I see chocolate fish in the shops I'm moving to England. :p

Not sure about the chocolate fush & chups, but I was surprised on my first visit to NZ. I ordered a cappuchino & was asked if I wanted cinnamon or chocolate?? What? Never even dreamed of sprinkling cinnamon on a coffee:)

Start packing! Several supermarkets that I shop at, both Coles and Woolworths, now have an NZ foods section which includes chocolate fish. :D

What do you mean chocolate fish it's pronounced Fush now

what about all those Scandanavian backpackers working in the bars & restaurants in Darling Harbour, Manly & Bondi, Gold Coast, Byron Bay? Maybe a viking invasion :)

Now those Scandanavian backpackers I dont mind they're usually pretty easy on the eye.

Not sure about the chocolate fush & chups, but I was surprised on my first visit to NZ. I ordered a cappuchino & was asked if I wanted cinnamon or chocolate?? What? Never even dreamed of sprinkling cinnamon on a coffee:)

I suspect that one started after someone sprinkled the cinnamon, that was usually used for hot chocolate, on to coffee by mistake and people loved it.

That's it, I'm done! Mother country I'm coming home!

But on the other hand if there is a Viking invasion it might be worth sticking around, particularly if one of them is Travis Fimmel (although he is actually an aussie)