Navigator refurbishment

Recent cruise aboard Navigator illustrates great need for new carpets. Would be excellent if less clunky furniture could be sourced. I fully understand chairs must achieve a certain wright so they don't go flying in rough weather but ... they need not be the size and shape of small a smallish elephant.

Electronics in the master suite need streamlining. Loungers in the pool area could be more comfortable.

A bit of investment in the soft product could raise the comfort level of this ship.

Thanks for the information. Although the Navigator is the first of the fleet to get the "new look" which will likely stay the same, due to comments from guests in the past year, the "brown water" situation needs to be addressed. This is likely to be a difficult and expensive. I am guessing this is why the dry dock will be longer than the other ships.

Recent cruise aboard Navigator illustrates great need for new carpets. Would be excellent if less clunky furniture could be sourced. I fully understand chairs must achieve a certain wright so they don't go flying in rough weather but ... they need not be the size and shape of small a smallish elephant.

Electronics in the master suite need streamlining. Loungers in the pool area could be more comfortable.

A bit of investment in the soft product could raise the comfort level of this ship.

Yikes, iPad and careless eyes = this oops post. Should read:

Recent cruise aboard Navigator illustrates great need for new carpets. Would be excellent if less clunky furniture could be sourced. I fully understand chairs must achieve a certain weight so they don't go flying in rough weather but ... they need not be size and shape of a smallish elephant. Electronics in the master suite need streamlining. Loungers in the pool area could be more comfortable. A bit of investment in the soft product could raise comfort level of this ship.

Thanks for the information. Although the Navigator is the first of the fleet to get the "new look" which will likely stay the same, due to comments from guests in the past year, the "brown water" situation needs to be addressed. This is likely to be a difficult and expensive. I am guessing this is why the dry dock will be longer than the other ships.

Regent said they had taken care of the "brown water" in a drydock several years ago... I am not sure there IS a cure for it unless they re-plumbed the entire ship and that would be a very long drydock.

The brown water is caused by the rust in the boiler (which resides in the bowels of the engine room). When the water at the bottoms gets moved around such as during high seas, the water becomes a light brown (rust mixed with water). Hope I described this correctly as my DH is an engineer and tried to explain it.

It is very possible that replaced it previously during another long dry dock. I didn't read about brown water for about 5 years and then it appeared in Cruise Critic again.

It reminds of some American cars compared to Japanese cars. I purchased an American car that had a heater core issue and needed to be replaced. Since I had driven foreign cars for years, I had not even heard of a "heater core". It ends up that Japanese cars have a heater core that does not rust while some American cards use different materials in their heater cores and they do rust.

The reason I went through that car discussion is because I am hoping that Regent can replace the boiler with one that does not rust. This would end the problem. However, I suspect that the cost may make it prohibitive.