Liberty of the Seas Feb 9-14, 2015 - Labadee & Ocho Rios - Photo Review

Just wanted to say I am enjoying your trip report and photos. I was on the Liberty a while ago, so I am also reliving my cruise through your report! We will be on Oasis in less than two weeks, and I can't wait!! Love your Labadee morning so far! Your DHs sunburn only makes me chuckle as I have also had pretty bad burns while cruising in the winter. You forget how strong the sun can be coming from snow and ice! When I came home from my March Break cruise, my student asked me "What happened to your face?"....referring to my sunburnt face! Hahahahaha.....:D

Does this zip line end on land after passing over the water?

Yes, I had meant to add a picture of the landing area, glad you asked!

IMG_6220a.jpg

and if you look closely at the left of this picture you will notice someone who is hanging around, not having made it to the end

IMG_6255a.jpg

After the zip line we decided to head over towards Columbus Cove by way of the paths that wind around the area.

IMG_6230a.jpg

Along the way there were numerous scenic areas to take photos

IMG_6234a.jpg

IMG_6235a.jpg

IMG_6229a.jpg

Almost there

IMG_6241a.jpg

We came upon the Arawak Aqua Park first, the sun was just starting to shine on this side of Labadee

IMG_6240a.jpg

We did not walk by the Artisans Village but I did take the shuttle back to the other side at one point and so was able to get some photos of the area

IMG_6250a.jpg

This man was called to by the sellers and came over to see what they were selling

IMG_6242a.jpg

IMG_6245a.jpg

IMG_6246a.jpg

More prospective shoppers

IMG_6247a.jpg

IMG_6251a.jpg

Here are a few more pictures of Labadee

IMG_6252a.jpg

There is a lot to see and do on Labadee as seen in this sign outside Barefoot Cove

IMG_6256a.jpg

The entrance to Barefoot Beach

IMG_6257a.jpg

There were musicians here and there

IMG_6263a.jpg

In this picture you can see the top of the zip line at left and the coaster at the right.

IMG_6288a.jpg

A painter had been lowered down to touch up the paint on the hull of the Liberty. Here he is being brought back up to the ship. It was just a tad windy...

IMG_6253a.jpg

Here are a few more pictures of Labadee

IMG_6252a.jpg

There is a lot to see and do on Labadee as seen in this sign outside Barefoot Cove

IMG_6256a.jpg

The entrance to Barefoot Beach

IMG_6257a.jpg

There were musicians here and there

IMG_6263a.jpg

In this picture you can see the top of the zip line at left and the coaster at the right.

IMG_6288a.jpg

A painter had been lowered down to touch up the paint on the hull of the Liberty. Here he is being brought back up to the ship. It was just a tad windy...

IMG_6253a.jpg

Thank you so much for that wonderful review, love the pictures, I hope that we have better service in the dining room, we are sailing this Monday March 9th. Looking forward to the sunshine and warmth, we are from Long Island and getting snow too many times.

Argh! I forgot about changing the bandwidth...sorry! It should be all fixed now, let me know if you still can't see the pictures.

I'll be back with more in a little while. Gotta get some work done this morning so I can pay for more cruises :)

Argh! I forgot about changing the bandwidth...sorry! It should be all fixed now, let me know if you still can't see the pictures.

I'll be back with more in a little while. Gotta get some work done this morning so I can pay for more cruises :)

Pictures are back.:)

Thank you so much for that wonderful review, love the pictures, I hope that we have better service in the dining room, we are sailing this Monday March 9th. Looking forward to the sunshine and warmth, we are from Long Island and getting snow too many times.

I'm sure you will have better service, it just seemed like the servers we had were just not up to par with the rest of the wait staff that we saw, or remembered from past cruises.

I know what you mean about getting too much snow, it has snowed every couple days since we got back with more coming tonight and then on Thursday - enough already!

Edited by Madison81

Thank you to everyone for the nice comments, I'm glad you are enjoying it :) I love to take lots of pictures and am happy to share some of them with you all.

I notice that some of you are heading to Bermuda in the future...I have a lot of pictures of Horseshoe Bay and the Dockyards in my Bermuda photo review below. We love Bermuda and I can't wait to go back this September...and on the Liberty :D

Ok, now back to the review in a few minutes, thanks again!

Edited by Madison81
typo

We ended up walking down to Columbus Cove beach all the way to the right (as you are facing the beach from the ship). I have no idea why but the pictures from this part of our day all came out way over exposed (I have a new camera and I'm still figuring settings out on it I guess). We were approached by a worker who asked if we wanted lounge chairs and we said yes. He asked if we wanted sun or shade and I asked for a combo of both. He found us a great place under a palm tree with filtered sun and just 10 steps to the water. I tipped him and turn back to find that the Labadoozie guy was walking up with a tray of fresh drinks - perfect timing!

The beach was not crowded and was nice soft sand, no water shoes needed. I went for a swim and the water had a slight chill to it but was certainly warmer then our ocean waters up north in the summer. Hubby was still a bit sunburnt so he stayed mostly in the lounger in the shade.

I was starting to get a bit hungry so headed over to the buffet area they have near Columbus Cove (they have buffet areas at several different places throughout Labadee). I grabbed a full plate from the buffet and brought it back to the chairs to eat and he went to do the same. They had hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages, ribs, bbq chicken, all sorts of fixin's, garden salad, potato salad, macaroni salad, bean salad, corn on the cob, all sorts of deserts and probably a number of things that I have since forgotten. It was very good for an outdoor buffet and we both ate our fill.

A while after we had finished lunch 6 people came and sat in the general area and started to play the card game Uno. They were having a great time but it soon became way to much since one of the woman would start laughing with the most piercing, cackling laugh I had ever heard, and she laughed each time the cards were dealt, each time a person played their hand, each time the cards were shuffled...it basically never stopped and was over the top loud. We decided to pack up and head back to the ship which was fine since it was not too long before we had to be back to the ship.

I almost forgot to mention...Lockers - yes they have lockers on Labadee, in several areas. We used the lockers next to the Dragon's Flight booth/building to store our stuff while we did the zip line and it cost $8.00/day. They were clean, easy to use and are large enough to hold my big canvas beach bag, sneakers & a couple towels.

When you are on Labadee the food and drinks come from the ship, along with the bar & kitchen staff. Here is what they used to bring everything off the ship and then back again.

IMG_6289a.jpg

More items bring brought back to the ship before sail away

IMG_6308a.jpg

Towels coming back to the ship

IMG_6304a.jpg

There were Haitian dancers performing on the dock as people walked back to the ship. I took these pictures from our 9th floor balcony towards the other end of the ship, quite a distance away

IMG_6293a.jpg

IMG_6306a.jpg

Then the music stopped, the last passengers climbed aboard and we were ready to head towards Ocho Rios.

IMG_6329a.jpg

Here are a few more pictures I just found of Labadee...

This is looking at Barefoot Beach with the cabanas (for suite guests only) with Nellie's beach to the far right

IMG_6198a.jpg

...and this is Nellie's Beach with cabanas that can be reserved by anyone.

IMG_6199a.jpg

Arawak Aqua Park with Columbus Cove beach behind and to the right.

IMG_6200a.jpg

There were fishermen out fishing when the ship came into Labadee that morning. They were actually very far out and I used the zoom on my old Canon camera to get these shots.

IMG_6177a.jpg

IMG_6176a.jpg

If the fishermen got too close to the ship Security would come between and send them back further away

IMG_6185a.jpg