when is final payment due?

pookyand3

I am new to cruising and trying to book my next cruise ( I havent even gone on my first yet:) So here's my question so when I book my cruise I put down how much of a deposit and then when is the final payment ususally due? I am trying to plan but I also would like to get a good price! TIA

...that a $500.00 deposit is due per cabin as a deposit. The full payment is due (I believe) 2 1/2 months prior to sailing. This is what it was when I recently booked. We are sailing 4/8/06 and our final payment is due 1/23/06. We are booked as a group so we may have an earlier due date then if you booked individually.

Where are you looking to cruise to?

Cruising can be addicting...have fun!!!

Mark D.

If you are sailing on Princess for your first cruise and can wait to book while on board, you will only have to put down $100 per person and you will also get some On Board Credit (OBC) from Princess. You can book a specific cruise or a use the deposit on a future cruise yet to be determined. You can move the booking to any travel agent you want and the OBC can be combined with any OBC your TA might give you.

Otherwise the down payment depends on the length and cost of the cruise. And the due date for final payment is 75 days before your cruise or 90 days if cruise is over Christmas or New Years.

75 days before sailing.

90 for Christmas and New Years.

Correct. This is for the cruise you have booked now. For my Christmas cruise, final payment is due the end of this month. For my March cruise, final payment is due early January.

For future cruises, once you're onboard, go to the Future Cruise Sales desk and for $100/pp, you can book either a specific cruise or an "open" booking. The open booking means that you can use that $100/pp credit as the down payment for any Princess cruise in the future and you have three years to use it or request your money back. It's a win-win. When you book your next cruise, all you need to do is to tell your travel agent that you have a future cruise booking and they'll take care of the rest. You won't have to put anything else down at that time and you get the same rate from your TA as you would if you had booked "regularly." You're not locked into a rate if you book an open booking.

To OP- Princess runs reduced deposit promotions, as well, usually every few months. Check with your TA.

To Sandy19644-if you book the standard way, your $500 is just sitting there for them to use too. With Future Cruise bookings, you get onboard credits, which is more than any interest I can earn on $100 over 4 years.

What is the point or perk to do future cruise bookings? Your money is just sitting there for them to use..........

cheaper prices- locks you on on todays rates. The longer you wait- the higher the cruise goes. In my cruses only one has ever come down in price the rest has sailed over 200 or more pp from the time we booked.

Archived