Newest American Table Menus

PinaCarada

I sure would appreciate some help with the American Table I don't understand what is the difference between the way we use to order to this new American Table?

No difference in how you order. Just some different choices. And the menu is laid out a little differently.

I enjoyed the new menus very much last year on the Liberty! You'll find a lot to like!

No difference in how you order. Just some different choices. And the menu is laid out a little differently.

I enjoyed the new menus very much last year on the Liberty! You'll find a lot to like!

Thank you Edmund for your reply

Yvonne

in 2014 on the Glory was my first time for the American table...not bad.

in 2015 Liberty...changed some things...NOT GOOD..one thing they changed is the side dishes...you pick you meat option, and sides...well you meat comes first then they bring sides 10 minutes later...by then your meat was cold...no more sharing bowls of sides...each one gets individual dishes...not so good..

the head waiter told us they will change it again...always goes by customer reactions..and comments...so we will see next year on the Sunshine Journey cruise...

93042-Good-Morning-Have-A-Great-Weekend.jpg

Thanks for posting! We enjoyed these menus on the Liberty last year, and for the life of me, I can't understand why some people are upset over them. Most of the old favorites are still available.

+ 1, Jamman - well said.

I had the American Table menus on Breeze in March and enjoyed them. Some of the old favorites were actually better than previously. I liked these menus more than the ones they replaced, which I thought were a step down from the ones before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I like to order a couple different dinners and appetizer . Is there any problem with that now? Been a couple years since last cruise. Going on breeze in January .

I've made my dinner from just appetizers, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and basil salad and four seasons salad.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Did anyone else notice that the first elegant night which in the pass, at least with every past cruise I have ever been on, was always on the second night. Now I noticed by what the new menus says, that it is now on the third night. Did they change it? So has anyone here been on a current cruise with these new menus???

So did anyone else notice this??? Just wondering

I believe this menu was from the Bloggers cruise and the second night, which was to be elegant night was Superbowl Sunday and there were many requests to have the elegant night on the third night because so many husbands would be watching the game and wouldn't go to the MDR.

That was just for that one cruise, so as far as I know, the first elegant night is the 2nd night of the cruise.

We were on the Breeze in March and thoroughly enjoyed the new menus. My husband is not as adventurous as I am, but was able to find choices that he enjoyed every night. The new preparations are very well done!

• 1 year later...

I've had the menu now for 2 weeks. I will have them again in Oct. and then Feb. I don't like them at all. It was hard for me to find things on them that tasted good and that I could eat. I can't eat seafood or anything with alcohol. As well I have to stay away from wheat. There was always something on the old menu that I could have. I realize that they had to change up things but it isn't for the better for me. On my Oct. cruise I will end up going to the MDR as my 2 sons enjoy it but will probably get an app and a dessert. Not sure what I will do about a main course but I am sure I will be full with just those two. It will have keep the weight off me I guess LOL

tigercat

I've had the menu now for 2 weeks. I will have them again in Oct. and then Feb. I don't like them at all. It was hard for me to find things on them that tasted good and that I could eat. I can't eat seafood or anything with alcohol. As well I have to stay away from wheat. There was always something on the old menu that I could have. I realize that they had to change up things but it isn't for the better for me. On my Oct. cruise I will end up going to the MDR as my 2 sons enjoy it but will probably get an app and a dessert. Not sure what I will do about a main course but I am sure I will be full with just those two. It will have keep the weight off me I guess LOL

tigercat

Why not contact the special needs department to address your dietary needs? They will work with you on a menu.

They have table clothes on the formal nights, but the tables are really nice without as well and I don't see why all of the fuss. They keep a pitcher of iced water on the tables as well.

The problem with tables without tablecloths is due to the condensation on the outside of the glasses of water and iced tea. Most of the tables have a slick surface (typically glass). When the condensation falls and gets on the slick table and there's no tablecloth to soak it up, the water forms a sliding surface. It's not too bad if you're on land. But on a ship that pitches and rolls, both the glasses and the pitchers (that have to be there, because they've given the waiters so many tables that they can't refill your glasses any more) are free to slide to and fro, to and fro with the motion of the ship!

On one ship we were on (the Magic out of Galveston, I believe) we were catching ours and sopping up the water with napkins, but on a table about 20 feet away, on a starboard roll, two glasses slid off the table, one breaking the other as they hit the floor. The waiters came running up, and the man said, they just ran away on their own!

Another cutback by Carnival. Say goodbye to the tablecloths on smart casual nights, wave bye-bye to free lobster on shorter cruises, sayonara to the chocolates on the pillow, adios to the free teabags, see ya later to free cappuccino after dinner, etc. Might as well get your twice daily cabin service ready to meet it's maker, it's not long for this world, mark my words. Free room service will be next in line.

Cutback Cruise Line, the Walmart of Sailing

They have table clothes on the formal nights, but the tables are really nice without as well and I don't see why all of the fuss. They keep a pitcher of iced water on the tables as well.

thanks hubbie will like that, no wait for refills

The problem with tables without tablecloths is due to the condensation on the outside of the glasses of water and iced tea. Most of the tables have a slick surface (typically glass). When the condensation falls and gets on the slick table and there's no tablecloth to soak it up, the water forms a sliding surface. It's not too bad if you're on land. But on a ship that pitches and rolls, both the glasses and the pitchers (that have to be there, because they've given the waiters so many tables that they can't refill your glasses any more) are free to slide to and fro, to and fro with the motion of the ship!

On one ship we were on (the Magic out of Galveston, I believe) we were catching ours and sopping up the water with napkins, but on a table about 20 feet away, on a starboard roll, two glasses slid off the table, one breaking the other as they hit the floor. The waiters came running up, and the man said, they just ran away on their own!

Another cutback by Carnival. Say goodbye to the tablecloths on smart casual nights, wave bye-bye to free lobster on shorter cruises, sayonara to the chocolates on the pillow, adios to the free teabags, see ya later to free cappuccino after dinner, etc. Might as well get your twice daily cabin service ready to meet it's maker, it's not long for this world, mark my words. Free room service will be next in line.

Cutback Cruise Line, the Walmart of Sailing

When you board, meet with the Matre D. They will put you on a list to review the next day menus and see what you can and can't eat. If seafood is offered, they can place it on a separate plate to avoid cross contamination.

Why not contact the special needs department to address your dietary needs? They will work with you on a menu.

A CRUISE A YEAR KEEPS ME IN GEAR