Celebrity's website is the worst!

judyzoo

I've been on one celebrity cruise. Now going on 3 more in next 8 months. My issue is we booked a cruise for April. Loved the perks but after we booked we printed off what we were getting. Was exactly what we were told. But when we went on line it wasn't the same as we printed off. No OBC. But price was right. Called Celebrity. The now new rep, old one gone says its right in our system yeah you have the OBC..great!! my question is why doesn't it show online correctly.

His answer was oh website isn't accurate. So what else isn't accurate? The price? Room?

Not sure how to handle. By the time we go on the cruise in April this guy will be gone. So the good thing is we have a copy of cruise that was booked with OBC. Do we just keep it till we cruise? And bring it with or call again and have him update online so it's correct?im kinda anal and like all things correct before we would go. Any help would be appreciated.

It is a bit chakllenging. My brother wants to do a Celebrity cruise so I'm trying to help find some cruises. Not very intuitive.

Also, id like to try Celebrity Cruise in 2018 but it appears not many are available yet. I'll keep my eyes open. I want to do one of the newer ships.

I've been on one celebrity cruise. Now going on 3 more in next 8 months. My issue is we booked a cruise for April. Loved the perks but after we booked we printed off what we were getting. Was exactly what we were told. But when we went on line it wasn't the same as we printed off. No OBC. But price was right. Called Celebrity. The now new rep, old one gone says its right in our system yeah you have the OBC..great!! my question is why doesn't it show online correctly.

His answer was oh website isn't accurate. So what else isn't accurate? The price? Room?

Not sure how to handle. By the time we go on the cruise in April this guy will be gone. So the good thing is we have a copy of cruise that was booked with OBC. Do we just keep it till we cruise? And bring it with or call again and have him update online so it's correct?im kinda anal and like all things correct before we would go. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know why but their promotion supplied OBC never shows up in My Celebrity. It should show on your invoice however, if you don't have one request it from them.

But regardless, it will definitely be added to your sea pass ax count and viewable inline within 24 hours of boarding!

I did not find it too bad. Have twice booked a cruise on it with little hassle. Bought drinks packages too but no excursions. I have used far worse. The mobile version is not too bad either.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

I have yet to find or re-invent the challenges some posters have indicated here.

Yes, there have been times when I could not log in right away, but it was not critical for me to do so at that time, so I went on with my business at work and tried again later with success.

I did once have a challenge with OLCI, yet when calling in they were able to assist and get me on the right track. As soon as it was ready, I printed out my docs and was done with that part of it. I Am able to upgrade beverage packages, make dinner reservations and make excursion reservations.

Sorry others are having challenges and I do not understand, fully, what a work around would be. I do not use the recommended browsers as I dislike most of them. I could be missing something, yet if I Am, I do not know what it is, yet.

I Am sure other cruise lines websites have either the same or other complaints by different CC posters. I say report and rock with it until it is fixed to your liking or do everything through your TA or X via phone. X has availability here in the U.S. 24/7 so that should not be an issue unless one just wants to peruse the site for lack of anything else to do at that moment.

I get it that we want it to be up and running every time we want to have access, yet I can only suggest, once again, that all web sites have problems at one time or another and how it affects us is dependent on how frequently we access them and when. Right, some more than others too.

Bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Hi Cle-Guy,

Quick question...I posted on another thread about Celebrity. We booked a cruise and will be our 3rd in next 8 months. Originally we booked and we were happy with price,perks, OBC. We got the reservations sent via email and it was right to what we agreed on.

When we went to look online it was different. The price was right but there was no OBC. We called celebrity our rep was not there any longer. Go figure. But got another nice rep. He said on his end it showed the OBC. As it was on our original reservation. He said online on our end wasn't right but on his end it was? HMM? Not liking this just because probably in another 3 months he will be gone and next rep will have another story. We did make a copy of original reservation showing OBC. What would you do? I'm not understanding why what online is not the same viewed by both of us?

On another note... I'm not sure about booking thru a TA or transferring to a TA.

As a US resident do you really get more perks transferring to a TA?

A lot of people say so but if they are from Canada maybe it makes sense for them to do that.. Not sure on that either..Help please..

This conversation is now on-going for approximately four years......guess it doesn't matter to them huh ??

didn't they recently hire one of the big consultancy houses to work on a new website for them (I thought it was Accenture but can't remember for sure)....unfortunately complex websites like Celebrity's take months to update and it's decades overdue

• 2 weeks later...

1. Yesterday I booked a cruise on the Memorial Day promo where the deposit is only $50. I tried to pay my deposit on line and entered $50 in the "other amount" payment box. No go -- response is "please enter an amount of $900 or above". So a call to the Captain's Club to get that fixed ...

2. The cruise I was booking automatically assigned you the $150 per person OBC instead of giving you the right to choose whether you want OBC, gratuities or classic bev package (Go BIG). I actually want the Go BEST on this particular sailing, but the website doesn't offer it or Go BETTER.

So another call to the Captain's Club to get me switched from Go BIG to Go BEST.

3. Celebrity emails me a guest invoice on the Go BEST booking. Everything is in order with all the correct figures, promos applied, etc. But when I look up my booking on line it's charging me for the gratuities even though I've booked Go BEST. So the final payment due price is higher on the website than my invoice correctly states. So that'll be yet another call to the Captain's Club come final payment time.....

Those wonderful folks in the call centers having nothing to worry about when it comes to job security...... ;)

4. On a 10-night Honolulu to Vancouver sailing I booked, the email from =X= listed the itinerary:

Honolulu

Honolulu (overnight)

Maui

Kona

Hilo

Cruising Inside Passage

Cruising Inside Passage

Cruising Inside Passage

Cruising Inside Passage

Cruising Inside Passage

Vancouver

I've lived on the West Coast my entire life and was always taught the waters between Hawaii and Canada were called the Pacific Ocean. Obviously my geography teachers weren't trained very well ....

Edited by BEAV

• 1 month later...

Makes no sense that Celebrity continues with a site that makes it impossible to book. There is no way you can even enter your information. Even when requesting a quote, they quote you and then raise the rate. Check on your next cruise and I defy one to find another cruiser that has booked on the website. You can call them or book on the cruise, the website is just a aste of time. INCREDIBLE in this day and age. Best to use an agent.

We've never booked online. Always booked thru a Celebrity Cruise Rep. Yer guess is as good as mine as far as why their website is a train wreck. You would think if it functioned correctly it would be easier on everyone including Celebrity.

They supposedly read these threads so not sure why they would not fix the issues.

• 1 year later...
I agree totally... why don't they fix this? I am trying to book excursions and speciality dining..... makes you want to forget the whole thing!!!!!! FIX THIS CELEBRITY YOU WILL LOSE CUSTOMERS!

It took me a while to even find the shore excursions for an upcoming cruise let alone book any.

1. Log in

2. My Reservations

3. Manage Reservation

4. Download Shorex Brochure

That should get you to the excursions for your cruise. Whether or not you can actually book from there is a toss-up.

As y'all know, both the RCCL and Celebrity websites were "upgraded" recently. Best info is that Accenture was contracted meaning the work was off-shored - something supported by the lack of proper sentence construction.

Both sites seem to be improving slowly but surely. Then again, it could be we are just learning to navigate the weak designs.