On Jewel now. Burger and beer at Seaview Cafe. Is this new?

Thank you for the posts. I agree that $10 for a burger alone is ridiculous! I won't be doing that in Ocotober. I do love the SeaView Cafe for a late lunch, though. I certainly hope this is a short experiment.:rolleyes:

I hope you continue to post through your cruise. DH is concerned about the internet as we had lousy connectivity last May on a B2B. Here's hoping it is improved before our Panama Canal cruise in October.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. No cell signal. We just returned to San juan.

A couple of MDR differences

1). No shrimp cocktail on any menu. I asked for one and it was made for me.

2) No shrimp included with the fisherman plate (lobster

3) The waitstaff sang "Leavin on a jet plane" the last night. Everyone loved it. This is the 1st time they have done this in years.

4) The cookies were all fresh in the WJ. Best I have had. The soft serve was the best I have had. 1st time it had been solid

5)the chocolate breakfast is day 6. We ate in chops twice and portions once. I would pick portofino over chops. Selection and food was better at a lower price.

We are in 8168 aft balcony. Quiet room except at breakfast when the outside WJ seating is full.

Jewel is a great ship and would not hesitate to jump back on any time. Lete know if you have any other questions

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. No cell signal. We just returned to San juan.

A couple of MDR differences

1). No shrimp cocktail on any menu. I asked for one and it was made for me.

2) No shrimp included with the fisherman plate (lobster

3) The waitstaff sang "Leavin on a jet plane" the last night. Everyone loved it. This is the 1st time they have done this in years.

4) The cookies were all fresh in the WJ. Best I have had. The soft serve was the best I have had. 1st time it had been solid

5)the chocolate breakfast is day 6. We ate in chops twice and portions once. I would pick portofino over chops. Selection and food was better at a lower price.

We are in 8168 aft balcony. Quiet room except at breakfast when the outside WJ seating is full.

Jewel is a great ship and would not hesitate to jump back on any time. Lete know if you have any other questions

Thanks Hope the $10 burger thing was a complete flop and they stop it.

Edited by bilyclub

I won't see him until May but I will ask him for sure. :D

What sailing in May? We are on May 2, and May 16 (plus April 25). :)

Thanks for the pictures, interesting burgers but not sure they are worth the extra $10.

Yet another example of RCI maximizing revenue by turning free venues into paying venues. The way I interpret this is that the $10 cover charge is for whatever you want to order on the menu, minus alcohol, after 8:30pm. Sorry to see the Seaview changing its style before dry dock, when it will disappear completely. :(

We are in 8170 next week which I assume is similar to your room. How was the balcony? Did it have any lounge chairs?

I did peek over and check out the balcony from room 8170. Yes it had loungers and chairs. You will enjoy this balcony very much. It will be about 10 feet deep by 10 feet wide. 8168 is the corner room and has the wider balcony that is less deep. Very quiet in the back of the ship - except at breakfast time when people are enjoying the windjammer views on deck 11.

Is this a true Diamond event with 25% off cocktails, or can you actually order cocktails?

Diamond members will have 3 free drinks available on their card during the DL/CL hours, even if there is no Diamond Lounge.

Is this a true Diamond event with 25% off cocktails, or can you actually order cocktails?

I've been reading that they run it just like a Diamond Lounge on the Jewel up in the VC Lounge. Though things change. The Explorer was doing it also but supposedly changed back to a Diamond Event

I think you should ask on the Roll Call; people often continue talking after the cruise is over and they are just getting back home. :)

That Roll Call is almost as dead as mine. Ships out of San Juan usually have sparse ones.

I've been reading that they run it just like a Diamond Lounge on the Jewel up in the VC Lounge. Though things change. The Explorer was doing it also but supposedly changed back to a Diamond Event

But you will still get free drinks, even if there isn't any food. :)

The nightly Diamond Event was held in both the Viking and Odyssey lounges.

Love the set up with Open Bars and great service. There was about 8-10 of us every night. Reminded me of when they used Blaze on Oasis. This is way better space and open view than any other ship.

They had good chicken kabobs and the usually fried wings. People complain about the diamond events being crowded - this has only been an issue for me on the first couple nights on the larger ships.

Enjoy!!

The nightly Diamond Event was held in both the Viking and Odyssey lounges.

Love the set up with Open Bars and great service. There was about 8-10 of us every night. Reminded me of when they used Blaze on Oasis. This is way better space and open view than any other ship.

They had good chicken kabobs and the usually fried wings. People complain about the diamond events being crowded - this has only been an issue for me on the first couple nights on the larger ships.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for the info............