Emptying The Mini Fridge

Squirty27

I understand not wanting to touch the stuff in the mini-bar for fear of being charged, and not wanting to bother the steward with an extra request, but if you are really not interested in buying of the drinks and snacks, the best thing you can do is remove them or ask to have them removed. Or ask the steward to lock the fridge for the duration of your cruise, as already suggested above. This saves them the effort of having to check the contents every day to see if you consumed anything, and reduces the chances of incorrect charges.

Our first cruise my son was 11, so I just asked for the mini fridge to be locked. No problem.

Last cruise he was 19 and able to drink beer or wine, so we left a note for it to be emptied. No problem.

I kept a bottle of wine, beer, water and cartons of milk from the buffet.

Worked out great.

So it looks like empty it completely by your cabin steward or do it yourself and notify the steward, try and fit in what you might need or lock it. Gut feeling if you only pull out a couple items and store, it might cause more trouble then it warrants!

Thanks ALL!

RedRover96

Are the drinks more expensive from the mini bar?
I don't know about the new prices, but last month the sodas and beers were the same prices ($2.10 and $5.25) as in the ship's bars. Room service was also the same price.

The miniatures of liquor in the mini-bar were actually cheaper than shots of the same brands elsewhere on board, which is pretty surprising.

You can also send a request when you make your reservation to have it added that you want the mini fridge emptied and it will be upon your arrival. We do this for that and egg crates or anything else special we request. Usually works very well.

• 3 weeks later...

So, you're saying that even if you have the UBP you'll be charged if you drink any of the alcoholic beverages in the mini fridge? That makes no sense to me...is there a reason for this? I can understand for the soft drinks and water as they are not included.

With the UBP, will you be charged to have drinks delivered to your room?

Each time we've asked for it t be emptied they've stored it in the cabin somewhere, a steward told us they are responsible for the contents and don't have room I. Their won personal locker for it so leave it in the room when not in the fridge

So, you're saying that even if you have the UBP you'll be charged if you drink any of the alcoholic beverages in the mini fridge? That makes no sense to me...is there a reason for this? I can understand for the soft drinks and water as they are not included.

All of the UBP exclusions, including room service and mini bar sales, are outlined in the Terms and Conditions -- I know... nobody reads 'em...

http://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms

Edited by triptolemus

I don't know about the new prices, but last month the sodas and beers were the same prices ($2.10 and $5.25) as in the ship's bars. Room service was also the same price.

The miniatures of liquor in the mini-bar were actually cheaper than shots of the same brands elsewhere on board, which is pretty surprising.

Do they add gratuities to the restocking price? Just askin'?

So, you're saying that even if you have the UBP you'll be charged if you drink any of the alcoholic beverages in the mini fridge? […]

The terms of the UBP address both issues:
The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $11.

That makes no sense to me...is there a reason for this? I can understand for the soft drinks and water as they are not included.
Actually soft drinks (like soda) are included in the UBP, but still not included if they come from the mini-bar. Mini-bar purchases are not included because NCL decided not to include them. Maybe because it would be too easy for you to share the contents of your mini-bar with lots of other people. Or empty out all of the little minis of liquor into your suitcase every day and get them replaced and take home hundreds of dollars' worth of booze for free. And because they want to get you out and about and spending money around the ship, not just chilling out in your cabin. And probably a bunch of other reasons.

triploloxus, thanks........read and get it now...sigh.

hawkeyetlse, that actually makes a lot of sense.

Ok, so another question. Can you get a drink somewhere else and bring it back to you cabin?

Sorry for what may seem like silly questions but this is my first cruise and I'm trying to learn as much as I can before we go.

Ok, so another question. Can you get a drink somewhere else and bring it back to you cabin?.

Absolutely.

In fact, my wife and I were squirreling away bottles of beer. We'd go get two, cap 'em, stick 'em in the fridge, go have one more, go pick up one more, bring it back, fridge 'em... rinse and repeat... it was't too long before we had a fridge full of beer to enjoy in the cabin. We made a game out of it!

Edited by triptolemus

You can also send a request when you make your reservation to have it added that you want the mini fridge emptied and it will be upon your arrival. We do this for that and egg crates or anything else special we request. Usually works very well.

I booked directly with NCL B1 catagory - I can call my rep and request these ahead of time? Would be great if I could :D