Brilliance of the seas review, march 5th-9th 2015 cozumel, mexico

The one thing we hadn't made it to yet was the Helipad. After some searching we finally found it!! If you go to Deck 5 and follow it around to the front, there are some stairs leading up to Deck 6 and you are right there. Pretty easy actually. It was super windy up there so we couldn't get our "I'm the King of the World!" photo, but we still got some good ones. :)

Cruise%2055_zpsxndprni5.png

Cruise%20133_zpsfiqe8dbx.png

we sailed on the Brilliance in 2006 for a Panama Canal cruise and just fell in love with this ship. This July we will sail her again for a Norway-Iceland cruise so 12 wonderful days! Enjoying seeing the pictures as a nice memory and a precruise excitement builder!

Congrats on the Engagement, a cruise would be a wonderful Honeymoon!

Bev

Time to get ready for dinner!! Just as a quick review there was only 1 formal night on our 4 night cruise, day 2. The rest is casual. We wanted to eat early the last night because we wanted to see the farewell show in the Pacifica as well as make it to the Quest game.

We both tried the Escargot (which was pretty good). I had the lamb and then finished with the key lime pie.

Cruise%20139_zpsjbzcqd6o.png

Cruise%20138_zpso0ms1p85.png

Cruise%20140_zpsvenh47n8.png

Cruise%20141_zpsyo0vbv4m.png

Cruise%20142_zpssxbburf0.jpg

Cruise%20143_zpsbynsyepw.jpg

After the Farewell show we headed up to the Colony Club for "The Quest Game Show", which is definitely an ADULT game show. This was our first time at the show and we loved it!! Basically they divide the crowd into 4 or 5 groups and the host basically throws out quests and whichever group gets it done first gets 5 points, 2nd group 4 points and so on. It gets crazier as the game goes on. Our game ended up with guys out of their shirts and dressed like women dancing around the club. This is definitely a must see, but don't worry, you don't have to participate if you don't want to. :)

In the Colony Club you will also find the self leveling pool tables that are pretty cool too.

Cruise%2043_zpspl59cmab.jpg

Cruise%2045_zpsycssy83f.jpg

Cruise%20146_zpskg3illdz.png

Cruise%20148_zpsnfze4gwt.jpg

Cruise%20150_zpsfhgojjc0.jpg

Lastly we went back up to the Starquest to see it in action. This is the dance club on board the Brilliance all the way up on Deck 13. The first couple pics are from the first day when it was empty and then the last ones are from the last night on the cruise.

PTDC0022_zpszuq4acvv.jpg

PTDC0024_zpsaa7fxwqy.jpg

PTDC0026_zpsqzigym0b.jpg

Cruise%20153_zpsksjenjee.jpg

Cruise%20152_zpsichzdrxk.jpg

Cruise%20154_zpsr1pg1szj.jpg

Unfortunately we had come to leaving day. The night before they had left us instructions for how we would de board. If you were carrying your own luggage off (which is what we did), you were told to head to the Pacifica deck 5 to leave around 8:10. If not you were to leave your luggage outside of your room the night before you went to bed. They also left you a number assignment if you had given your luggage up, with a time assignment to be in the Pacifica with the last group de boarding at 9:15.

They scan your Sea Pass Card as you leave the ship. Then when you get to customs in the terminal make sure you have your customs form filled out. Beach for the day. That beach was amazingly beautiful. Stayed the night at a hotel near the airport. We flew home the next day after de boarding. All in all this trip was one of the best I have ever been on and we will be back to do it again!!

The last 2 pics I'm posting are as Tampa was coming back in to view and right after we docked. Any questions please feel free to ask. Happy sailing to all those previewing for your next cruise!!

Cruise%20155_zpsgkzapi4v.jpg

Cruise%20156_zpsvwuux7gw.jpg

Hey there!! I think we chatted on the same thread for the cruiser stuck on the Buckeye cruise. I'm sorry your cruise was cancelled due to fog but glad you get to try again next month!!

The guy onboard during the Buckeye cruise was actually giving us better (and quicker) information here on these boards than we were getting from Royal. He was a HUGE help!

Yep.....we are giving it another try and I know this time it's going to be fabulous! Now we know how to get to our hotel and to the port so that's a big plus for me. Tampa and all of it's "one way" streets had us freaked out the first time. (hint: do NOT use your GPS.....LOL)

Your review and pictures just make me even more excited! Thank you for taking the time to do this! And CONGRATS on your engagement!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

Glad you had a good time on your first cruise and did you get hooked on cruising??? Also, now that you've sailed once, just a little info for you, as the Captain would say & I quote "this is not a boat, it's a ship", the orange ones hanging on the side are "boats"! LOL

Thanks again for a great review & keep on cruising! :)

My bf and I left the day before on March 4th from the Akron Canton Airport arriving in Tampa around 4pm. We chose to stay at the Best Western Bay Harbor Hotel. It was a nice little area with 2 restaurants close by and was a nice place to stay for the night.

Cruise%2012_zpsjxclushz.jpg.html

Cruise%2019_zps9n7bvi51.jpg.html

Cruise%208_zpsoickizw3.jpg.html

Cruise%2013_zpsy3iuizfc.jpg.html

Hi. Was the Best Western a nice place for the night ? And how was getting to the cruise port ? I'm anxious about that ! :)

Thank you for the great review. It has definitely put me at ease. I have never been on one of RCCL's "smaller" ships before. I have only been on Indy and Freedom. But, I am on Brilliance in less than a month and now, thanks to your review, I can't wait.:)

Hi. Was the Best Western a nice place for the night ? And how was getting to the cruise port ? I'm anxious about that ! :)

The Best Western was a really good place for the night. They do have a heated pool and the 2 restaurants in walking distance. At Hogan's Beach you can rent jet ski's and they have outdoor volleyball so pretty nice place. I would definitely recommend. :)

I enjoyed reading your review and loved all of the pictures!! My husband and I are on the April 6th sailing. After our cold New York winter I am very ready for some warm weather!

We like the Schooner as well. We've been on the Allure and the Vision recently, and the Schooner Bar was a frequent stop for us. How were the bartenders there on your cruise? Any greats ones in particular that stood out? I know that sometimes they rotate to a different bar on the ship every so often, but just wanted to check since we'll be sailing soon.

Thanks in advance!

By the time they got around to doing the Radiance Class ships they had perfected The Schooner Bar. We've sailed on BOS 5 times. It is our favorite RCCL ship. It's big and it serves as a main thoroughfare to the popular Colony Club with it's large dance floor/showroom floor and 2 bars.... lots of fun things happen here...plus the repeaters party, captains party, etc. And the 2 Pay (Chops and the Italian restaurant) restaurants flank both ends of the bar in the Schooner.... and, someone finally had their thinking cap on, because there is a Ladies room right in the Schooner Bar, itself and a Mens room, too. Trivia is held in the SB every afternoon.

The space has a large wall of windows (so does the Colony Club) and it is filled with sunlight in the day and wonderful views, night and day.

The bar, itself, is big, oval shaped, the back row of stools seats are low, it is a step up from the floor. The seating area of the lounge is large, as well, but even though it is very close to the bar, it manages to provide intimacy, if wanted, and camaraderie with the crowd at the piano bar. It is well staffed.. easy to get a drink... although, we always sit at the bar. It is my favorite spot on my favorite ship. It is a great place to hang out or just to have a pre dinner drink.... it gets crowded right before 2nd seating! The bartenders are always great.

The whole ship is the perfect size and although it is very ship like in some respects, the view for one thing... you see the ocean wherever you are on this ship... it is set up like a hotel. You will not need days to remember your way around. Also, other than the pre dinner crowd in the Schooner, which is crowded only compared to normal other times in the bar, not crazy crowded, the ship never feels crowded.

Arrive at the MDR 10 minutes past opening and you will avoid any crowding waiting at the door. Although, that will be found on all ships and we have always gone up to the MDR 10 minutes after opening ever since witnessing the ugly and unnecessary pushing and shoving rushing the opening of the doors, on our very first cruise. Reminds me of the behavior of the crowds when they had Midnight Buffets... mind you, these were held within 2 hr or less from dinner! UGH!

It is a fabulous ship and a fabulous class of ship. I wish Royal had built the other 2 ships that were in the original plan for this class. There was supposed to be 6. I have only been on the NOS size for a bigger ship/class. I much prefer the Radiance Class.

Brilliance is gorgeous. So beautiful, so pretty and yet masculine and handsome, as well. It is one fine ship!

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by EMc

By the time they got around to doing the Radiance Class ships they had perfected The Schooner Bar. We've sailed on BOS 5 times. It is our favorite RCCL ship. It's big and it serves as a main thoroughfare to the popular Colony Club with it's large dance floor/showroom floor and 2 bars.... lots of fun things happen here...plus the repeaters party, captains party, etc. And the 2 Pay (Chops and the Italian restaurant) restaurants flank both ends of the bar in the Schooner.... and, someone finally had their thinking cap on, because there is a Ladies room right in the Schooner Bar, itself and a Mens room, too. Trivia is held in the SB every afternoon.

The space has a large wall of windows (so does the Colony Club) and it is filled with sunlight in the day and wonderful views, night and day.

The bar, itself, is big, oval shaped, the back row of stools seats are low, it is a step up from the floor. The seating area of the lounge is large, as well, but even though it is very close to the bar, it manages to provide intimacy, if wanted, and camaraderie with the crowd at the piano bar. It is well staffed.. easy to get a drink... although, we always sit at the bar. It is my favorite spot on my favorite ship. It is a great place to hang out or just to have a pre dinner drink.... it gets crowded right before 2nd seating! The bartenders are always great.

The whole ship is the perfect size and although it is very ship like in some respects, the view for one thing... you see the ocean wherever you are on this ship... it is set up like a hotel. You will not need days to remember your way around. Also, other than the pre dinner crowd in the Schooner, which is crowded only compared to normal other times in the bar, not crazy crowded, the ship never feels crowded.

Arrive at the MDR 10 minutes past opening and you will avoid any crowding waiting at the door. Although, that will be found on all ships and we have always gone up to the MDR 10 minutes after opening ever since witnessing the ugly and unnecessary pushing and shoving rushing the opening of the doors, on our very first cruise. Reminds me of the behavior of the crowds when they had Midnight Buffets... mind you, these were held within 2 hr or less from dinner! UGH!

It is a fabulous ship and a fabulous class of ship. I wish Royal had built the other 2 ships that were in the original plan for this class. There was supposed to be 6. I have only been on the NOS size for a bigger ship/class. I much prefer the Radiance Class.

Brilliance is gorgeous. So beautiful, so pretty and yet masculine and handsome, as well. It is one fine ship!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the info! We've never been disappointed with any of the Schooner Bars, from the biggest ship (Allure) down to the Vision a few months ago. Great bartenders each time.