Celebrity Shore Excursions in Ketchikan: Strippers and Gluten-Free Dining

BEAV

While looking at a Misty Fjord excursion in Ketchikan on Celebrity's infamous website, the customer reviews included detailed comments about Gluten-Free options in the Main Dining Room, review of a shore excursion to Haines (which is offered in Skagway, not Ketchikan), and finally complaints of strippers in the show.

And here I thought I had seen it all when it comes to the funky website! :eek:

When you say "complaints of strippers in the show" . Do you mean people were complaining that there were strippers in the show or that the strippers were complaining that the passengers were lousy tippers ?

LOL !! :D

Here's the review:

"The staff was fantastic. The ship is out-dated and needs remodeling, felt like I was stuck in the 70's. Shows were OK. Comedy was very good, but did not understand the need for a stripper."

The review was from summer 2014, so I'm assuming they were referring to Century with the comments about the ship being outdated, needing remodeling, etc. Not sure what this has to do with a Misty Fjord excursion in Ketchikan, but that's where the review shows up! :rolleyes:

LOL !! :D

Here's the review:

"The staff was fantastic. The ship is out-dated and needs remodeling, felt like I was stuck in the 70's. Shows were OK. Comedy was very good, but did not understand the need for a stripper."

The review was from summer 2014, so I'm assuming they were referring to Century with the comments about the ship being outdated, needing remodeling, etc. Not sure what this has to do with a Misty Fjord excursion in Ketchikan, but that's where the review shows up! :rolleyes:

I wonder if this referred to the Sin City Comedy, which is a late night show. We saw this on the Silhouette in December and were quite surprised. It was more burlesque with no more nudity than a bikini. It did not add to the show and the whole show was quite a disappointment.

Much ado about nothing!

I did not think there was really anything sexy or provocative about the "stripper" at the late night show who ended her act still wearing at least as much as what you see at any cruise ship swimming pool. :D

It was supposed to be an adult-only show and there were warnings given right at the beginning for anyone who would be easily offended to leave.

Maybe the complaints came from some men who were disappointed that there was not a real stripper who took off more.

I agree with the previous poster and did not think she really contributed anything of value to the act at all. Maybe it is just a way to get the comedian's spouse/girfriend/relative a free cruise by including her in the act. ;)

Edited by varoo

I wonder if this referred to the Sin City Comedy, which is a late night show. We saw this on the Silhouette in December and were quite surprised. It was more burlesque with no more nudity than a bikini. It did not add to the show and the whole show was quite a disappointment.

We saw the show on Silhouette and walked out after the first 15 minutes. Good thing we were on the isle near the entrance/exit. The stripper was "so so" but the comedians were awful & not funny at all.

I think the strippers name was Misty Fjord. :D

Anyway I thought the Sin City shows we saw last year on the Equinox were pretty good. Never imagined Celebrity doing a burlesque show.

I've been on NCL cruises where the comedian did an adult shows. People were yelling for him to swear, but no dice. In Celebrity's Sin City show the language was really adult in nature. Blushed a feel times.

The first time we seen Sin City on Celebrity we thought the the stripper may have been the girlfriend of one of the officers and it was a way to justify her being on board. She didn't really add anything to the show. I don't think many females enjoyed her and she was boring for the males.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞