Live, Freedom 3-15-2015

I don't get it, the bar prices don't seem to crazy too me?? Just about the same as at home.

Now I don't drink wine so I Can't comment on that but the beer and cocktail prices don't seem too out of line.

Just curious. Is a non alcoholic drink the same as a virgin daiquiri or virgin piña colada

Yes, non alcoholic and virgin are the same thing.

The drinks are about the same as they would be in a good restaurant or classy bar, but they used to be less and that's what everyone is saying. So now, if you are drinking 5 drinks in one day, you're better off taking a package!

Subscribing....look forward to following along for the week. :D

Hello Melissa, I see you guys are sailing Freedom. I'll be on her soon, but I will be unplugging from the world and will post a review when I get back.

Thanks for posting the pictures and information on your current sailing. I do have a couple of questions regarding using your cell phone. First of all I have AT&T and I am aware they offer thru AT&T a type of international package to help with texting. My concern is the data charges. Am I understanding this correctly that you can purchase the internet package once onboard from Royal Carribean, then place your phone in airplane mode(?) now that makes it so you can take pictures with your phone without accruing roaming charges? My concern is getting a large bill once I get home. I would love to be able to post pictures to cruise critic while at sea and stay in touch with my daughters while on vacation, but this technology stuff worries me. One time we were in the Bahamas at Atlantis and I had purchased the international plan prior to leaving home and both my husband's phone and my phone were cut off while out of the country due to data charges getting so high! Definitely do not want that to happen again. Any guidance is much appreciated.Thanks.

Edited by dee1321

Here's some shots of the new deck 12 area and from the deck above the new rooms.

d466af2402fa779beebc94ada64ed27e.jpg

Jogging track now cuts in between sky bar and solarium overlook.

7517601659e560aa9e22c9655e2a5e7a.jpg

HUGE space above new rooms.

164271816cdedb5f385f6e6e01ecbee3.jpg

Some shady space as well.

d234a4f97aabb406d1d59e139ecb08a1.jpg

They should put a bar here and then they'd really have something. As long as it wasn't too windy.

4d62b197085d8190380ac6ce529b38b7.jpg

Hi! Looks like you are having a great time!! Thank you for taking us with you. We will be sailing on Aug 2nd and can't wait! How do you like your cabin? We are booking in a D1 on deck 10. This is our first time on Freedom, or Royal Caribbean for that matter, so I am curious what the room is like. Thanks!

So interestingly they have stopped using reservations for the ice show. Now all are first come first seated. Got a notice in our room that the reservations were terminated.

Also interestingly, at least to me, is that some of the bars have their own individuals menus now, contra to what some of the 'bar' threads have stated. Saw one in schooner bay and R Bar. Maybe I will try to post a picture of one later, but not sure how they will come out.

Just wondering if the ice show reservations are to be cancelled on all future sailings or specifically on your one? I made reservations for an April sailings and the reservation is still showing.

Thanks for your live cruise review!

Following happily along. We are on her 3 May. These posts makes the waiting so much easier. Great comments and pics. Don't you think that was the idea of the new prices for drinks to encourage folks to take the drink packages? Trying to figure when considering the diamond benefits if the drink package is a good buy. Any thoughts?

Do the bar menus have prices?

If you purchase the ultimate package and order a drink that is $15.00, do you pay the whole $15.00 or just $3.00 for the difference alloted in the package?

Here's some shots of the new deck 12 area and from the deck above the new rooms.

d466af2402fa779beebc94ada64ed27e.jpg

Jogging track now cuts in between sky bar and solarium overlook.

7517601659e560aa9e22c9655e2a5e7a.jpg

HUGE space above new rooms.

164271816cdedb5f385f6e6e01ecbee3.jpg

Some shady space as well.

d234a4f97aabb406d1d59e139ecb08a1.jpg

They should put a bar here and then they'd really have something. As long as it wasn't too windy.

4d62b197085d8190380ac6ce529b38b7.jpg

Oopsie....pics didn't show up! Please try posting again b/c we are in those cabins in October! Anxious to see what they look like! TIA

Oopsie....pics didn't show up! Please try posting again b/c we are in those cabins in October! Anxious to see what they look like! TIA

Pictures are working just fine for me and look great. It's not the cabins themselves, just the area above them and how they rerouted the jogging track.