Live, Freedom 3-15-2015

How old are your children? curious, trying to decide what to do in Falmouth and we have a 3.5 and 9 year old. Wasn't thinking to walk around on our own with the kids.

Our kids are 9 and 11. If you'd like to see the town, you could still do the trolly tour which boards in the port. You do not reserve that through the ship. On that, you stop and the Anglican church as well and can go in for a while.

Looks calm! What excursion will you do?

We are all going to Hell, probably in a motor coach rather than a hand basket. Then on to see the sea turtles at the turtle park. This is only our second time here , so we're hitting a touristy place. It looks pretty neat from their web page, I'm just worried about how crowded it will be.

Just another note on Falmouth, I would do the trolly tour with the very young or elderly. Like many islands, falmouth streets and sidewalks are not great for wheeled conveyances.

Another shot for Navigator fans.

afe1c118845e4c14973999e6db62eea0.jpg

f5778d3b0ceb7d9239fda35410a4f2e2.jpg

And the Epic joined us today. Looks like it was designed with legos.

58253fb72833a346695e1a198938724f.jpg

36f35e5dc18b8dc9106a4b470ec1c2d1.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and wonderful pictures. Love the pictures of the churches. How far would you say it is from the port to the churches? I would live to do that, but have a small issues with walking long distances. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Hi! Looks like you are having a great time!! Thank you for taking us with you. We will be sailing on Aug 2nd and can't wait! How do you like your cabin? We are booking in a D1 on deck 10. This is our first time on Freedom, or Royal Caribbean for that matter, so I am curious what the room is like. Thanks!

We like the room fine. It's a little tight for four, but we manage. We're on deck 9. We usually try to get a deck so we can take stairs as much as possible, so for us, on Freedom that usually means 8 or 9. You will have easy access to the pool deck and windjammer though.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and wonderful pictures. Love the pictures of the churches. How far would you say it is from the port to the churches? I would live to do that, but have a small issues with walking long distances. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I would say about twenty minutes each way. They are both on the same route. You may want to do the trolly tour, then when you get back, walk to water square, which isn't far at all, and get some patties.

I should note that they do sell patties in the port as well and we tried to compare to the others. These were not nearly as good as the ones we had in town. We saw several other places around town that sold others as well, and I'd be willing to bet they are all better than the ones in port.

At spicy nice two patties and two big bottles of cold water, $4.00 USD. You need to bring smaller bills for here and may get Jamaican money for change. Great for the kids.

Just another note on Falmouth, I would do the trolly tour with the very young or elderly. Like many islands, falmouth streets and sidewalks are not great for wheeled conveyances.

Just in case it wasn't clear from context, the 'very' modified both.

We are all going to Hell, probably in a motor coach rather than a hand basket. Then on to see the sea turtles at the turtle park. This is only our second time here , so we're hitting a touristy place. It looks pretty neat from their web page, I'm just worried about how crowded it will be.

LOL!!!! Hell in a hand basket! One of my favorite sayings, and hopefully, the

only time you'll go there!

Edited by ldl05

Another shot for Navigator fans.

f5778d3b0ceb7d9239fda35410a4f2e2.jpg

Hi,

enjoying your review so far, special thanks for the photo of Navigator otS! [emoji5]

Could you please also take/post a photo of Freedom otS, anchoring at Grand Cayman? Would like to know, what she looks like with the new construction - thanks in advance!! [emoji5] :)

Hi,

enjoying your review so far, special thanks for the photo of Navigator otS! [emoji5]

Could you please also take/post a photo of Freedom otS, anchoring at Grand Cayman? Would like to know, what she looks like with the new construction - thanks in advance!! [emoji5] :)

Best one I've taken. Was on wrong side of tender each time.

bac095c6db06f20597b69578dfb2c848.jpg

Turtle park was fun. We did it through RCI (which was about $65.00) because we had a large group to keep together. At the park they tried to give us a tour, but the RCI group (close to 100) was too big and it was worthless. Would have been better if thru broke us up. We were better off exploring on our own. Kids were tickled to hold the baby turtles. And they loved the water park as well. I really despise the whole cattle herding aspect of RCI excursions (with a few exceptions), burIi understand why they so it this way and don't know how to otherwise avoid it and still stay on an RCI excursion. Overall I'm glad we went.

We didn't snorkel with the turtles because it was a bit crowded. Our friends did and liked it and thought it was really neat to swim up to a bigger turtle.

The restaurant and bar there was good enough. US prices, but that's similar throughout GC. Get there early if you don't want to spend too much time getting something to eat.

Here's the snorkeling area.

4c0aee126e08de34f81c7ed4fe156152.jpg

59303798b47dd685a368ad7f567ac5ee.jpg

We found out from some folks we met at the farm that You could do this trip much cheaper by taking the public bus, which leaves every 10 minutes, and runs out to the farm for about $2.50 each, plus the admission.

Edited by Beachcampin

Turtle park was fun. We did it through RCI (which was about $65.00) because we had a large group to keep together. At the park they tried to give us a tour, but the RCI group (close to 100) was too big and it was worthless. Would have been better if thru broke us up. We were better off exploring on our own. Kids were tickled to hold the baby turtles. And they loved the water park as well. I really despise the whole cattle herding aspect of RCI excursions (with a few exceptions), burIi understand why they so it this way and don't know how to otherwise avoid it and still stay on an RCI excursion. Overall I'm glad we went.

We didn't snorkel with the turtles because it was a bit crowded. Our friends did and liked it and thought it was really neat to swim up to a bigger turtle.

We found out from some folks we met at the farm that You could do this trip much cheaper by taking the public bus, which leaves every 10 minutes, and runs out to the farm for about $2.50 each, plus the admission.

So, this is at the turtle farm, or somewhere else? I wasn't aware you could snorkel/swim with turtles?

Edited by mad-dog74