Carnival Sunshine to NYC - June to October 2016

paulypride

I'm tempted by that 10 day Journeys from Charleston. Charleston is only 5.5 hours from me, and that's a whole bunch of new islands/ports for me! Guess I'll be waiting on the prices to come out. :)

If you go on fareviewer you can see the prices before taxes & port fees.

It will be interesting to see how the Sunshine will fit for the Big Apple. I would hope that the Charleston and Norfolk would be elated with the regional sailings. It is now clear that Carnival thinks regional for east coast (with the exception of Baltimore (has the Pride schedules come out yet) which seem to be appropriate.

Not elated about Charleston because the dates for the FOUR cruises stink, for me anyway. :(

Bookings are open!! The website didn't have them but my PVP did. Booked on the 8/1/16 sailing. Amber Cove, GT, HMC, in an Aft Wrap (8328) Whoo Hooo!!!!

I can't get it on the website or by phone yet. :-/

In the booking page online, when I select Norfolk or New York, it'll let me select the months the Sunshine will sail in each city. But after hitting search it comes back with no results.

I tried calling my PVP and he was unable to look up anything for the Sunshine past April of 2016.

I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer. :)

I can't get it on the website or by phone yet. :-/

In the booking page online, when I select Norfolk or New York, it'll let me select the months the Sunshine will sail in each city. But after hitting search it comes back with no results.

I tried calling my PVP and he was unable to look up anything for the Sunshine past April of 2016.

I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer. :)

Just booked the 8/25/16 Voyage out of NYC. All dates on the Sunshine sailing from NYC are open by calling Carnival directly.

All the NYC cruises are now on their site....premium price for the one I was looking at. Maybe it'll drop?

Not premium when compared with RCL (Anthem) out of Bayonne during the Summer of 2016.

Our 8/25/16 9nt Voyage is considerable less than the 9nt voyage on the Anthem to the Caribbean.

Not premium when compared with RCL (Anthem) out of Bayonne during the Summer of 2016.

Understandably, considering that Anthem is Royal's newest and most innovative ship, and the Sunshine is a 20 year old refurbished ship. Premium pricing on the Anthem makes sense. On the Sunshine not so much.

Edited by Tapi

Understandably, considering that Anthem is Royal's newest and most innovative ship, and the Sunshine is a 20 year old refurbished ship. Premium pricing on the Anthem makes sense. On the Sunshine not so much.

It really comes down to what the poster meant by premium. Could the Sunshine get a premium over what the Splendor got for cabin pricing, with all the new bells and buzzers? Sure it could.

Is it not a fair comparison to match Anthem (and QOTS before it) to either Splendor or Sunshine. It's not or course. That being said, the pricing RCI is getting for these ships (agree that people are paying it) is absurd.

4 us people that love too cruise and live on CC its a 20 year old ship but the people that don't know anything. Carnival selling it too them as a new ship not many people out side of CC know how old this ship is and its a much smaller ship then splendor. Hope in 2 years NYC gets a Dream class ship I will be doing the july 4 cruise. Talk about over price has anyone look at the 9 night ncl breakaway cruise next july thats way over price.

[quote name='Jamman54'][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]We'll be booking one from NYC. That GT, HMC, Amber Cove itinerary has my interest. Already called my PVP, and he hasn't been told yet when bookings will open for these cruises.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Don't you have ENOUGH cruises booked?:p:p:D:D