Special hidden location on the Coral

presjade

We are booked on the Coral to Alaska in May. Every cruise I have that one special moment/location. One cruise it was the skywalkers nightclub, another it was being in the Atrium, Dance classes etc i love those locations each ship we stumbled upon that leaves a lasting memory. I like to force myself to try one thing each cruise that I've never tried before. I've discovered while cruising I love BINGO, I enjoy dance classes & I also really enjoy seafood now...If you had to pick 1.. What is your single favorite spot on the Coral.

Great viewing balconies are available by going all the way forward on Baja or Caribe deck. Go through the doors and you'll be right at the front of the ship. Excellent for glacier viewing... The aft public balconies are great too...

Psst . . . *looking around to make sure no one is nearby* . . . There are a handful of cushy armchairs in the Library (Emerald Deck, midships, starboard) that face out big picture windows, for a fantastic view to compete with the pages of whatever book you're enjoying. But shhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . don't tell anyone.

Psst . . . *looking around to make sure no one is nearby* . . . There are a handful of cushy armchairs in the Library (Emerald Deck, midships, starboard) that face out big picture windows, for a fantastic view to compete with the pages of whatever book you're enjoying. But shhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . don't tell anyone.

Your secret is safe with me:p I love hearing about all these awesome spots!!

Say that too many times and Princess will start charging rent for the chairs. ;)

Loved to fall asleep on aft Caribe/Baja viewing areas.

Done it many times. :D

Those areas are great & rarely crowded! A cruise friend told us that our aft Baja deck inside cabin had a great "balcony" & they were correct...our best one ever! :)

Agree on these "special places" especially the fore/aft Baja & Caribe viewing areas. But enjoy those while you can - with the upcoming Coral refit looks like the aft viewing areas give-way to additional cabins - same as with Island - more cabins less public space. But really do enjoy Coral - sailing B2B2B this April so we'll get to enjoy one-more-time before the change.

Edited by seafish

It's one of the nicest spots to view the canal without to many people.

After the new wider canal is open aren't the Island & Coral moving elsewhere?

Checking the Princess website it shows some Canal cruises until spring 2016 (also Alaska) for both ships with the Island having 2015 Grand Med cruises. Neither ships' itineraries after spring 2016 are displayed & I didn't search to see if other Princess ships are scheduled to the Canal.

Since last year was the completion date, I'd think that cruise lines are hesitant to schedule non-Panamax ships anticipating further delays & having to redeploy larger ships resulting in having many very upset passengers. :mad:

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just off the Coral. Agree with the library. My favorite memory was the Chorus. We rehearsed every sea day for about 45 minutes. Sweet gal from the production department was our director. We laughed and had a great time getting to know each other. On the last sea day, we performed in the Atrium for throngs of adoring fans. OK, maybe just friends and family, but still a wonderful memory.

And I have the pin to prove it!