Help--Upgrade my cabin??-Millennium

lovetotraveltx

Going on our first Celebrity cruise this June for our 30th. Have had a C3 on an Alaskan Cruisetour booked for a year. Keep looking and looking for all inclusive plan or price drops with what I have, (a little onboard credit and free drinks) or a cabin upgrade. But, it's always been way more than I paid to get anything else.

Today, under the spring sale, the price actually dropped and I can get the Spring Sale with good OBC, free gratuities, free drinks and a C2 for actually less than I was paying.

So, started looking at Aqua and it might even be cheaper.

Never thought we would be a Blu dinner person nor are we spa people. We were actually looking forward to MDR, I know, some people will think we're crazy. But, get some better amenities and a little bigger cabins. Can we do the MDR all or most nights?? Or, is that hard?

Also, if you do a Suite these days, do you eat in the new suite restaurant every night?

I know it's my ultimate decision, but would like your KIND feedback.

Thank you!

Not giving you an answer(I really have no answer), but I was thinking that you might be living in a dream world if you think you were going to get KIND answers here. Enjoy your cruise and enjoy this bump.

There is no reason a poster should not be able to get kind responses. Fortunately the threads are being monitored for "bad behavior" on posts. Thank goodness.

To the OP...the same happened to us and we actually were able to book Aqua and get a better price. Personally, I am happy to say I'm looking forward to trying it. The MDR was not the most pleasant experience for us...much too crowded and noisey. Enjoy your cruise and definitely give Blue a try....I'm sure the sit down breakfast will be a far better experience than the buffet.

Please don't be scared away because you might not get kind answers. I think your questions are reasonable. If you can get AQ class and save money, by all means take it. Yes, you can eat in the MDR if you choose to do so, but please try Blu. as has been said the breakfast is lovely. I love the Meusli made table side. If you book a Sky suite and above you will eat at the suite restaurant every night since your cruise is in June and this is to commence in April, I believe.

I hope you enjoy this first Celebrity cruise and many more.

Edited by TeaBag

I would suggest you start in Blu and then if you don't like it the maître d' should be able to sort out a table in the MDR for you. However I would be very surprised if you didn't want to stick with Blu. I've never used the spa amenities but would pay extra for Aqua just because of Blu - some have said they would even pay extra just for the breakfast.

If you can get an Aqua cabin on Deck 11 grab it. Awesome location and very quiet.

I would suggest you start in Blu and then if you don't like it the maître d' should be able to sort out a table in the MDR for you. However I would be very surprised if you didn't want to stick with Blu. I've never used the spa amenities but would pay extra for Aqua just because of Blu - some have said they would even pay extra just for the breakfast.

If you can get an Aqua cabin on Deck 11 grab it. Awesome location and very quiet.

That's where Aqua mostly is left now!

Edited by lovetotraveltx

That's where Aqua mostly is!

Aren't there a number of Aqua cabins on deck 9 with the large overhang? I saw there were quite a few when I was looking at the latest cruise we booked. I'm curious now as to how many total Aqua cabins there actually are. Does anyone know?

Aren't there a number of Aqua cabins on deck 9 with the large overhang? I saw there were quite a few when I was looking at the latest cruise we booked. I'm curious now as to how many total Aqua cabins there actually are. Does anyone know?

By my count on the diagram

M class 37 A1 and 70 A2 for a total of 107

S class 60 A1 and 68 A2 for a total of 128

Reflection is different from the rest of the s class since it has AQ suites.

Except for the new Aqua cabins on Deck 11, the M class Aqua cabins were originally Concierge class cabins, so they will be the same size as what you have booked. They are a little larger than regular balcony cabins. EM

a bit over monitored sometimes

There is no reason a poster should not be able to get kind responses. Fortunately the threads are being monitored for "bad behavior" on posts. Thank goodness.

To the OP...the same happened to us and we actually were able to book Aqua and get a better price. Personally, I am happy to say I'm looking forward to trying it. The MDR was not the most pleasant experience for us...much too crowded and noisey. Enjoy your cruise and definitely give Blue a try....I'm sure the sit down breakfast will be a far better experience than the buffet.

When we were in aqua, we did try one night to go to the mdr as blu was packed with a queue and service was taking 45mins to get an order taken so after that we we tried the MRS and were told no. So we spoke to the hotel director and he said we could as we had opted to pay our gratuities upfront the same as select diners. We did have a bust up with the host every time we went and in the end the MTD said to tell him in advance if we were coming and he'd book a table. We got no option to share.

Blu was a add on conversion for the M class and because of that it shares the same kitchen as the MDR. Many times it is possible for the waiter to serve you something that is on the MDR menu. Naturally it depends on how and who you ask.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Also, if you do a Suite these days, do you eat in the new suite restaurant every night?

Thank you!

Suite guests are also allowed one free night in a specialty restaurant, or two nights if your sailing is 8 nights or longer. They can dine in Blu on a space available basis, too.

I'd definately take the Aqua if available. I'm sure you will enjoy Blu if you give it a try. Also, with Aqua you get bottled water daily which we found really great. But as others have said, there is nothing to stop you using the MDR if you wish.

For now on M class ships at least, suite passengers also get free entry to any Specialty Restaurant, as they needed to close part of the MDR to build the suite restaurant. It will be this way until the new restaurant opens (and then that perk goes away from the lower level suites)

I agree that the OP may like Blu more than she thinks, the ambiance and service are nicer and the food is not as eccentric as "spa food" sounds! But as far as deciding to eat in the MDR instead of Blu, reports here have been that it is sometimes easier than others, depending how full the different dining options are. Celebrity has a capacity for Select Dining, Early Traditional and Late Traditional. If, for instance, Select is very full on your cruise, you may be asked to arrive at a time to join a transitional table or at a certain time in Select, and these may not be your preferences. If you look at the menus and really feel you don't want to go to Blu, I suggest booking a cabin that would assign you to the MDR. Imagine the chaos if a number of Blu diners decide they want to eat in the MDR most nights.