boarding Sunday on the Regal!!!! boarding question

NewJerseycruzgirl

So excited...I like to be one of the first ones on the boat!! Im a gold member and Im sailing with my Mom who is a platinum member. Last time we went I was able to use her platinum boarding perks. I think I read here that you cant do that anymore..

DO gold members have any boarding perks? Can I board with my mom?? What time should I get to the port?

I cant wait to be in warm warm sun!!!

Also I see coffee card is 15 punches, can we share that? My dd loves coffee every morning but I might like one or two during the week. Just was wondering since it was punches if we could share?

these boards are so helpful, I will try to pay it forward when I return

So excited...I like to be one of the first ones on the boat!! Im a gold member and Im sailing with my Mom who is a platinum member. Last time we went I was able to use her platinum boarding perks. I think I read here that you cant do that anymore..

DO gold members have any boarding perks? Can I board with my mom?? What time should I get to the port?

I cant wait to be in warm warm sun!!!

Also I see coffee card is 15 punches, can we share that? My dd loves coffee every morning but I might like one or two during the week. Just was wondering since it was punches if we could share?

these boards are so helpful, I will try to pay it forward when I return

Arrive around 10:30/11:00. Boarding may look confusing, but it is really fairly smooth. You probably will be able to board with your Mom.But even if you can't you will not be far behind her. Boarding starts around noon and you should be on board by at least 12:30. Go directly to your cabin it will be ready. Yes anyone can use the punches on the coffee card.

Yes, you will Be able to board with your mom if you are sharing the same cabin.

I will say, we arrived at 11:15 am and were processed a lot more quickly than the non-plat elites, but the waiting area for plats/elite was (nearly) full already, and one of the workers, directors, (sorry, don't know the official title) tried to make us sit way over in Siberia, and we didn't. My husband scoped out the plat/elite area and found two available seats. When boarding commenced, we were in the first wave to board. The employees called everyone in an orderly fashion.

The one employee who tried to direct us to the far-away area seemed like she didn't know who was supposed to go where. Just our impression

Had we gone where she wanted us to go, we would probably still be waiting :rolleyes:

You can always share the punches since they are finite. As with anything unlimited, the unlimited brewed coffee ordered not using punches is not shareable. The punches are for specialty coffees, the card itself is for unlimited brewed coffee.

Then why is it called The Love Boat? :D

It is incorrectly called the Love Boat strictly for self promotional purposes ----much like the promises of a politician.

Based upon 21 years in the Navy I have learned this bit of trivia-----

If a vessel is meant to be carried aboard a ship, it is properly called a boat.

Also, submarines are always referred to as boats even though they have outgrown the size that could be hoisted aboard a ship.

Based upon 21 years in the Navy I have learned this bit of trivia-----

If a vessel is meant to be carried aboard a ship, it is properly called a boat.

Also, submarines are always referred to as boats even though they have outgrown the size that could be hoisted aboard a ship.

The royal navy's definition:

a ship has more than one weather deck above the waterline.

otherwise a boat.

The USS Cole was carried by a ship, and most people would

not classify it was a boat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing#/media/File:MV_Blue_Marlin_carrying_USS_Cole.jpg

However, in this thread the whole thing is rather pedantic.

The original poster says they are excited to get on the boat.

Apparently others want to quash the excitement by correcting her.

Thank god, she didn't write in all caps!

Edited by pablo222