I don't believe Celebrity

CruisingDaddy

It's possible that TA'S have blocks of cabins reserved that include dining time. They will get released eventually unless a large group books. This is what a Future Cruise Consultant told me on board Summit last week. I was booking a year in advance and they couldn't assign dining for that reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Did you book thru the Loyality Dept at the Capt Club? Call them, but really, just go with select and go at 5:45, 6:00, or 6:15 it is the same as traditional. Or just let it be a deal breaker and step down to HAL, or Princess. You will be very unhappy you wasted your money sailing on one of their ships. But to each his own.

Our HAL (28 nights) and two Princess (7 nights and 28 nights) were wonderful!

We are late diners and actually had trouble on HAL getting late reservations, so we ate in the fabulous buffet almost every night until the last 10 days of the cruise when the maitre d' was able to secure us a table for 2 at 8:30. HAL tends to have early dining hours in the evening.

On our last three X cruises we requested an early dinner and all three times we were put on select dining and wait listed. On all three cruise we ended up with 6:00PM dining as requested. I don't know why they do that but it seems to be SOP. It was more work for them because we had to pay our gratuties up front and then had to have them refunded or removed or whatever they do. I'd say you have a 99% chance of getting your requested time.

J.

On our last three X cruises we requested an early dinner and all three times we were put on select dining and wait listed. On all three cruise we ended up with 6:00PM dining as requested. I don't know why they do that but it seems to be SOP. It was more work for them because we had to pay our gratuties up front and then had to have them refunded or removed or whatever they do. I'd say you have a 99% chance of getting your requested time.

J.

I don't understand, doesn't everyone have to pay gratuities up front? Why would you have them refunded or removed if you were put in fixed traditional dining :confused: .

I don't understand, doesn't everyone have to pay gratuities up front? Why would you have them refunded or removed if you were put in fixed traditional dining :confused: .

Set seating is not required to pay gratuities up front. They are charged daily to the on board account.

Celebrity have reduced the table covers due to the suite area but your cruise is do far out that it seems a little unusual.

Rung captains club to be put on the wait list rather than choose late dining.

There were fewer than 50 seats net lost to the suite dining room space.

There were fewer than 50 seats net lost to the suite dining room space.

And the suite guests were assigned to the MDR previously, so I don't see why anyone considers that there are any seats lost. Those folks have just been moved to a different dining room. Just like the Blu folks were moved to a different dining room when they started Aqua Class.

Much ado about nothing, IMO.