Future cruises on board Princess?

big al

Hi all- I will be on the 3 night Regal Princess cruise 4/12 and was wondering does Princess do the future bookings thing like other cruise lines do? Are the deals better than on line & do they give OBC ? I am looking to book Alaska May 2016....Thanks!

Big Al

Yes, you can book on board. The OBC depends on the type cabin and length of the cruise. You can also purchase a Future Cruise Credit for $100. It becomes your $100 deposit when booking after cruise. OBC is the same.

$100 for each FCC which becomes your deposit on next cruise (does not have to be booked while onboard) below is the OBC amounts for length of cruise/cabin cat....you can purchase as many as you choose.

3-6 Days $15 (Inside/oceanview) $25 (Balcony/mini/suite)

Length……Inside………….Oceanview…….Balc ony/Mini/Suite

7-9 days……………$25…………………..$25……………………..$50

10 days…………… $25…………………..$25……………………..$50

11-15 days…..… $75…………………..$75..…………………..$100

16 days……….…..$75…….………….. $75..…………………..$100

17+ days……….$125…..…………....$125..………………...$150

As others posted, you can either book onboard or buy FCCs and book later. The OBC would apply either way.

It is rare that there is any financial benefit to book while on the ship, no lower pricing for example. If you do book on the ship, you can transfer the booking to your travel agent of choice later (if not past final payment date) and receive any pricing or other benefits the TA offers.

We are sailing on the Royal Princess in May and fully plan to put down deposit for future cruise for myself AND my husband while on board. Our friends, who are cruising with us and been on 25+ cruises! alerted us to be sure and do this for each person as then we would receive double OBC!

We are sailing on the Royal Princess in May and fully plan to put down deposit for future cruise for myself AND my husband while on board. Our friends, who are cruising with us and been on 25+ cruises! alerted us to be sure and do this for each person as then we would receive double OBC!

There was one time in my memory (in 2008) that there was an onboard promotion for several months to give double OBC when making a booking onboard.

You should not expect to find this when you go on your cruise.

However if two of you are making a booking or both buying FCCs for future use, then of course two of you will get double the OBC of just one of you doing this.

• 2 weeks later...
$100 for each FCC which becomes your deposit on next cruise (does not have to be booked while onboard) below is the OBC amounts for length of cruise/cabin cat....you can purchase as many as you choose.

3-6 Days $15 (Inside/oceanview) $25 (Balcony/mini/suite)

Length……Inside………….Oceanview…….Balc ony/Mini/Suite

7-9 days……………$25…………………..$25……………………..$50

10 days…………… $25…………………..$25……………………..$50

11-15 days…..… $75…………………..$75..…………………..$100

16 days……….…..$75…….………….. $75..…………………..$100

17+ days……….$125…..…………....$125..………………...$150

My DH and I paid $100 each for a future cruise credit. If we book a minisuite on our next cruise, will we each get a $50 obc ($100 total for the cabin), or is it just $50 only total for the cabin?

The chart you quotes shows per person OBC so you would each get $50 if booking a 7-10 day cruise in a Mini Suite. That looks like the old chart that has been modified with the changes made a couple of years ago.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

The chart you quotes shows per person OBC so you would each get $50 if booking a 7-10 day cruise in a Mini Suite. That looks like the old chart that has been modified with the changes made a couple of years ago.

Terry

Thank you! :)

Terry

Thank you! :)

Yep. Per person. My wife and I are each getting $125 OBC on our next cruise for using our FCC as deposit.