Cirque Dreams Not Included with UDP

monkeybone

It was one of the four promos at the time and our NCL rep we spoke with several times assured us we would get to see it. I questioned going with RCCL to the rep as I was speaking with him as the itinerary and destination were basically the same. He abruptly said No Way and his supervisor won't allow it either. I rebutted so "You'll let me walk, cancel my reservation with NCL and go to one of your main competitors all over a dinner show reservation that was originally included and promised, without a hesitation from him came an immediate yes. How awful to lure you in but in the end they won't give it to you. Heaven forbid they honor the reservations already booked for months like ours, but oh no. There was no indication this was going to happen, this could very well be my first and last cruise. I'm am less than satisfied thus far as NCL will absolutely not honor or resolve this amicably with me and I'm sure many others. I have this overwhelming feeling I'm going to be "Nickel and Dimed" for everything in the end,I certainly hope that isn't going to be true.

Thank you for your reply and insight.

It was one of the four promos at the time and our NCL rep we spoke with several times assured us we would get to see it. I questioned going with RCCL to the rep as I was speaking with him as the itinerary and destination were basically the same. He abruptly said No Way and his supervisor won't allow it either. I rebutted so "You'll let me walk, cancel my reservation with NCL and go to one of your main competitors all over a dinner show reservation that was originally included and promised, without a hesitation from him came an immediate yes. How awful to lure you in but in the end they won't give it to you. Heaven forbid they honor the reservations already booked for months like ours, but oh no. There was no indication this was going to happen, this could very well be my first and last cruise. I'm am less than satisfied thus far as NCL will absolutely not honor or resolve this amicably with me and I'm sure many others. I have this overwhelming feeling I'm going to be "Nickel and Dimed" for everything in the end,I certainly hope that isn't going to be true.

Thank you for your reply and insight.

Sorry to hear that NCL is not going to honor the show. My I ask what date you book your cruise?

I had a cruise booked with rccl that I booked with their last ksf and it overlapped with a wow sale. They somehow managed to drop both my sale and the obc when they transferred it to my ta. Despite having all my booking info and all the promo info, it took two days and over eight hours on the phone to get my rate back and the obc, over half of it just fighting for that measly 100 bucks. I fought out of principle and they finally gave it to me when I was able to produce the original flyer showing they were combinable, but I was absolutely astonished how far they were willing to fight me to not give me that stupid 100 bucks.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

I had a cruise booked with rccl that I booked with their last ksf and it overlapped with a wow sale. They somehow managed to drop both my sale and the obc when they transferred it to my ta. Despite having all my booking info and all the promo info, it took two days and over eight hours on the phone to get my rate back and the obc, over half of it just fighting for that measly 100 bucks. I fought out of principle and they finally gave it to me when I was able to produce the original flyer showing they were combinable, but I was absolutely astonished how far they were willing to fight me to not give me that stupid 100 bucks.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Thats what NCL did to me. Thanks to my fellow Cruise Critic members for helping me out and having the promo I booked so I can show Vivian Ewart, She went as far as to only copy and paste what she wanted me to see without the Cirque dinner included

Every email was also CC'd to Andy Stuart!

It was truly disgusting!

They never did apologize or admit they made a mistake.

To me that is not a leadership team!

I hope they turn things around and start thinking about the customers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Just of the Breakaway! We had the ultimate dining package and when we went to make my reservations the day we got on the ship the woman told us that if we wanted to see the Cirque show the first night it would be complementary. We made reservations, showed up, watched a semi-decent show, was served a baby steak (nothing great) and 3 shrimps with french fries and not so delicious bite sized desserts with a burnt cup of coffee and sour milk. When the show was over we did not receive a check to sign anything, so we left. We went back to our room and there was two service charges of $48 for the dinner. I called the service desk and they advised me it will take 2 to 3 days for the charge to be dropped. The next morning the price was now $34 a person. We called every day and they advised us before we left the ship the charges will be dropped. My bf wasn't having any of that so he went to the guest service desk and told them to remove it on the fourth day and they did.

I will never go to see the show again. The acrobatics was the best part, but definitely nothing to write home about. Use your time and appetite eating at the other restaurants that are part of the ultimate dining package.

Absolutely! I am sailing with two friends and their two daughters (first cruise for them) thats why I picked the dining plan. I would cancel all together but the kids are so excited!

And I foolishly have bragged to them about NCL UGH how things have changed in a week!

I purposely took the UDP for the kids room only because of the show, if they remove it, I will switch over to tips or soda plan but I will also refuse to take the kids to see it on principle alone

Really? really? More complaining? The show is 39 bucks when I was on the epic I talked to a guy who had seen it in Vegas and said it's much more money in Vegas. You are getting to go on a cruise which not everyone has that opportunity, which I have said before on here. I found a Cruise review site similar to cruise critic and somebody on that site wrote a blog about cruise critic saying if you are a new cruiser and one true info on cruising don't go to Cruise credit because their boards are full of nothing but people whining and complaining. Let's show them that they are wrong and stop the whining and complaining.

Really? really? More complaining? The show is 39 bucks when I was on the epic I talked to a guy who had seen it in Vegas and said it's much more money in Vegas. You are getting to go on a cruise which not everyone has that opportunity, which I have said before on here. I found a Cruise review site similar to cruise critic and somebody on that site wrote a blog about cruise critic saying if you are a new cruiser and one true info on cruising don't go to Cruise credit because their boards are full of nothing but people whining and complaining. Let's show them that they are wrong and stop the whining and complaining.

You know the old saying a fool and is money are soon parted was created for people just like you. I am not a fool

Listen if you wanna be a sheep that is fine for you but if I pay for item A I will not accept item B as a replacement.

You can call me a complainer, that's fine I have been called worse but I will not be called a sheep because I lie down and accept whatever Delrio decides in a 2 minute conversation with his management team, they are counting on the sheeps of the world (i.e. People like you) to accept their whims.

I will not.

Oh BTW I know the other site you speak of but I do not use it because I don't live in a fantasy world of "Sunshine and Rainbows" like they do. I prefer the real world.

BTW it makes no difference to me what the cost of things are its the principle of the matter but I guess when you have the sheep mentality you wouldn't understand that.

Edited by iimmie

It's not so much the cost of the show. It's the fact that when some booked the 'perk' was that the show was FREE on the first night. Then, they decide to take that 'perk' away once booked. That's not right.

Imagine, you book the Escape in the Haven. That cabin you booked includes using the Haven, your 'perk' for booking the Haven. You get on board and find out that you now have to PAY to use the Haven Courtyard. It doesn't matter if you have the money to pay for it or not...the point is that you shouldn't have to pay for the right to use the Haven Courtyard because at the time you booked your Haven cabin the Haven Courtyard was included in your fair. Does that make it a bit easier to understand. One should get what one books. They shouldn't take away a 'perk' if you booked and paid with that 'perk' in place. Hope that makes a bit more sense and a little easier to understand.

Harriet

Well said Harriet, I was quite disappointed when I was informed they removed it for no apparent reason. As mentioned it took multiple calls to get it reinstated how ridiculous, it took an O.K. from a supervisor and a couple key strokes and it was back. What really irked me was my cruise consultant telling me "I don't care how many times you call back or who you talk to they will all tell you NO." I couldn't even believe he said that. At that point I was ready to cancel and just fly to Bermuda. This being my first time cruising and with NCL I was very much disappointed and we haven't even left yet. I am glad I was able to work it out but the customer shouldn't be the one who has to jump through hoops. Thanks everyone for your input.

Hi everyone! Just of the Breakaway! We had the ultimate dining package and when we went to make my reservations the day we got on the ship the woman told us that if we wanted to see the Cirque show the first night it would be complementary. We made reservations, showed up, watched a semi-decent show, was served a baby steak (nothing great) and 3 shrimps with french fries and not so delicious bite sized desserts with a burnt cup of coffee and sour milk. When the show was over we did not receive a check to sign anything, so we left. We went back to our room and there was two service charges of $48 for the dinner. I called the service desk and they advised me it will take 2 to 3 days for the charge to be dropped. The next morning the price was now $34 a person. We called every day and they advised us before we left the ship the charges will be dropped. My bf wasn't having any of that so he went to the guest service desk and told them to remove it on the fourth day and they did.

I will never go to see the show again. The acrobatics was the best part, but definitely nothing to write home about. Use your time and appetite eating at the other restaurants that are part of the ultimate dining package.

That does not sound good at all!

Dani you should have read this post before your cruise, maybe it would have saved your BF the trip to guest services :p

Did you get good seats?

Edited by monkeybone

Cruise Critic has the word "critic" in it for a reason. This site provides valuable information from experienced cruisers who know what the cruise experience can be -- and who legitimately recognize when it fails to meet that reasonable standard.

If you do not appreciate the value or mission of this site, my suggestion would be to avoid it altogether. Hijacking this thread or making disparaging comments about the site as a whole is not a productive use of your time or ours.

Cruise Critic has the word "critic" in it for a reason. This site provides valuable information from experienced cruisers who know what the cruise experience can be -- and who legitimately recognize when it fails to meet that reasonable standard.

If you do not appreciate the value or mission of this site, my suggestion would be to avoid it altogether. Hijacking this thread or making disparaging comments about the site as a whole is not a productive use of your time or ours.

Yes Monkeybone!!! [emoji122]🏼[emoji122]🏼[emoji122]🏼[emoji122]🏼[emoji122]🏼[emoji122]🏼[emoji119]🏼[emoji119]🏼[emoji119]🏼[emoji119]🏼

You know the old saying a fool and is money are soon parted was created for people just like you. I am not a fool

Listen if you wanna be a sheep that is fine for you but if I pay for item A I will not accept item B as a replacement.

You can call me a complainer, that's fine I have been called worse but I will not be called a sheep because I lie down and accept whatever Delrio decides in a 2 minute conversation with his management team, they are counting on the sheeps of the world (i.e. People like you) to accept their whims.

I will not.

Oh BTW I know the other site you speak of but I do not use it because I don't live in a fantasy world of "Sunshine and Rainbows" like they do. I prefer the real world.

BTW it makes no difference to me what the cost of things are its the principle of the matter but I guess when you have the sheep mentality you wouldn't understand that.

Del rio again? Norwegian has a board of directors anything Del Rio proposes must go through them before it is made rule. DelRio cannot waive his magic wand and say this is going to happen and it happens it must be approved.

It's not so much the cost of the show. It's the fact that when some booked the 'perk' was that the show was FREE on the first night. Then, they decide to take that 'perk' away once booked. That's not right.

Imagine, you book the Escape in the Haven. That cabin you booked includes using the Haven, your 'perk' for booking the Haven. You get on board and find out that you now have to PAY to use the Haven Courtyard. It doesn't matter if you have the money to pay for it or not...the point is that you shouldn't have to pay for the right to use the Haven Courtyard because at the time you booked your Haven cabin the Haven Courtyard was included in your fair. Does that make it a bit easier to understand. One should get what one books. They shouldn't take away a 'perk' if you booked and paid with that 'perk' in place. Hope that makes a bit more sense and a little easier to understand.

Harriet

But Harriet The Haven courtyard itself is free to all people in the haven, the show was only free on the first night. I never understood why I give the first night for free anyways that made no sense to me

So what is your opinion of the other Cruise review sites that advise new cruisers not to come to cruise critic. I could link to the site right in here but I believe that's against Cruise critics TOS. I also was talking to an unnamed Cruise consultant with Norwegian and told this person my inside joke that I referred to cruise critic as the official complaint department this guy named Cruise consultant physically laughed when I said that and said that this person has friends in other cruise companies like carnival and World Caribbean and she said it is common knowledge in the business that cruise critic is full of whiners and complainers. This person said that they joke around amongst each other all the time but if you ever want to hear anything negative terrible horrible about cruising go right to cruise critic. Come on people do we really want to be the joke of the cruise industry? Be honest what would happen if cruise critic changed and only talk about the positive things about cruising and gave positive advice to new cruisers?

Del rio again? Norwegian has a board of directors anything Del Rio proposes must go through them before it is made rule. DelRio cannot waive his magic wand and say this is going to happen and it happens it must be approved.

You just lost all credibility since Andy Stuart said himself that the no take out from food venues was a 2 minute conversation between him and DelRio that was implemented immediately.

NCL does not pay DelRio big bucks only to have him run the the BOD every time he wants to make a decision. He makes them and has his underlings implement them. That's the way big business works.

So what is your opinion of the other Cruise review sites that advise new cruisers not to come to cruise critic. I could link to the site right in here but I believe that's against Cruise critics TOS. I also was talking to an unnamed Cruise consultant with Norwegian and told this person my inside joke that I referred to cruise critic as the official complaint department this guy named Cruise consultant physically laughed when I said that and said that this person has friends in other cruise companies like carnival and World Caribbean and she said it is common knowledge in the business that cruise critic is full of whiners and complainers. This person said that they joke around amongst each other all the time but if you ever want to hear anything negative terrible horrible about cruising go right to cruise critic. Come on people do we really want to be the joke of the cruise industry? Be honest what would happen if cruise critic changed and only talk about the positive things about cruising and gave positive advice to new cruisers?

If the other site is so wonderful answer me 3 things.....

#1. Why does NCL bend over backwards to sponsor Cruise Critic meet & greets?

#2. Why at the end of the post cruise survey is Cruise Critic (& not the other site) mentioned specifically?

#3. If Cruise Critic is so bad why are you here at all?

Edited by iimmie

But Harriet The Haven courtyard itself is free to all people in the haven, the show was only free on the first night. I never understood why I give the first night for free anyways that made no sense to me

Ok you buy a spa pass or Vibe pass for the day and you are on a 7 day cruise.

Once onboard you find out you cannot use it on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

As John Quinones would say, "What would you do?"

BTW I don't think anyone who paid for or received the UDP as a perk cares if or why you do not understand why it was given for free the first night. I for one sure don't.

Edited by iimmie

This show does not exist in Vegas and never has. Your "I talked to a guy" is a load of crap.

Cirque de Soleil is in Vegas

The show is 39 bucks when I was on the epic I talked to a guy who had seen it in Vegas and said it's much more money in Vegas.

There are 8 different Cirque shows in Vegas yet none of them are CIRQUE DREAMS & DINNER JUNGLE FANTASY so your friend is incorrect, you are comparing apples to oranges, That is like comparing a ferrari to a honda, not applicable and does not make sense (your words not mine). Also Vegas tickets start at $34.50 but that does not matter, if something is advertised as free then free means the price is Zero as in $0.00.

Cirque de Soleil is in Vegas

Cirque du Soleil has absolutely nothing to do with Cirque on the ship. They are completely unrelated and unaffiliated with one another. Sure, there are a gazillion different Cirque du Soleil shows in Vegas and elsewhere. That has nothing to do with the ship. NCL does NOT have a Cirque du Soleil show on the ship, so what your "guy" saw has nothing to do with anything.

Edited by LrgPizza