Cirque Dreams Not Included with UDP

monkeybone

Does anyone have a print screen of the Terms & Conditions as they were before this "For sailings on or before July 2nd, 2015" and "For Sailings on or after July 3rd, 2015" change?

I thought I did, but all I actually have is the FAQ section where it states "On Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Epic the Ultimate Dining Package will also include dining at Spiegeltent/Illusionarium on the first sailing day only." not the actual T&C section. :(

[quote name='mking8288']Harriett, the way things are trending in the past month - I'm impressed with the partial "make-over" of the NCL websites, with all the mods & amendments, NOT !!
There will likely soon be a cancellation fee and re-booking fee, for convenience - of course; and, for issuing a credit refund. Mark my words and should that happened, I will claim cyber credit for being the fortune teller to first called them out for doing it.[/quote]

You're 100% correct mking8288!
Oh, NCL is only on the 'A' catagories for more fee to come.....

With all the promos they have been giving away, 'got to get some of those money back so how' :D

Remember folks, 'There is NO FREE LUNCH' :D

[quote name='yanks23']I was so fed up that we ended up changing to our gratuities paid. We only eat at a few restaurants. I hope that everyone lets NCL know what they are doing is bogus. This will be my last NCL cruise. I left a message for 2 supervisors and am sure will not get a call back. They seem to care about the bottom line versus any type of customer satisfaction. If I treated my clients the same way I would be out of a job.

This new CEO I guess wants to make a little more money versus keeping satisfied customers. I have never experienced supervisors who would not make any exceptions if they know they are in the wrong. Even my travel agent got the run around. If it was not so late I would have cancelled and booked on another cruise line.

I hope they do read these blogs because it makes them really look bad.[/quote]

Don't think they care, unless it's on national TV and/or big news coverage on the internet. ;)

[quote name='hpecorari']The July cut-off shouldn't make a difference if it was included when your booked.

Harriet[/QUOTE]

Catching up on this issue...

Our cruise is July 1. Lucky me. We booked the UDP perk specifically because it was included. All 4 of us were looking forward to it.
Now you are all telling me it's NOT?

What do I need to do. Looks like calling random cust service rep of the day gets you nowhere.

[quote name='mickeysgal']Catching up on this issue...

Our cruise is July 1. Lucky me. We booked the UDP perk specifically because it was included. All 4 of us were looking forward to it.
Now you are all telling me it's NOT?

What do I need to do. Looks like calling random cust service rep of the day gets you nowhere.[/QUOTE]

You're just under the wire. The official change takes effect July 3rd.

(Although everyone who purchased the UDP prior to the change should be grandfathered. Just making sure I have that stated!)

When the UDP was first created it didn't include the dinner shows at all. That was added at a later time. Now it is changing again, but it is still better than when it was first offered for sale. When it was first started, it was exactly the same on all the NCL ships. It looks like now the passengers on BA, GA, Epic, and Escape will still have an added benefit over the cruisers on all the other NCL ships that don't even offer a dinner show. I say that's a bonus, and still better than the original UDP. Is it just me?

[quote name='LrgPizza']When the UDP was first created it didn't include the dinner shows at all. That was added at a later time. Now it is changing again, but it is still better than when it was first offered for sale. When it was first started, it was exactly the same on all the NCL ships. It looks like now the passengers on BA, GA, Epic, and Escape will still have an added benefit over the cruisers on all the other NCL ships that don't even offer a dinner show. I say that's a bonus, and still better than the original UDP. Is it just me?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don't care what UDP started as or what it is now or may be someday. I care what it was on the date that I purchased it, and that I actually receive what I purchased.

I purchased a dining plan that included Illusionarium on my first night and I expect to receive Illusionarium on my first night.

[quote name='Wendy&Grumpy']Honestly, I don't care what UDP started as or what it is now or may be someday. I care what it was on the date that I purchased it, and that I actually receive what I purchased.

I purchased a dining plan that included Illusionarium on my first night and I expect to receive Illusionarium on my first night.[/quote]
Yeah, I don't blame you. I've purchased it before, too. I apologize that of all the thousands of people on CC, you somehow thought my message was directed at you. It wasn't. :)

[B]Wendy&Grumpy[/B] Go over to the infamous *book site as it was there although many posts/comments get cx'd.
T ------ site with IM functionality has the COO's handle as you should still see monkeybone's thread. AS hasn't directly posted or re-t'd since that "live" event 2 weeks ago, however. Below info has been posted before here & 'working' well, AFAIK >>>> Otherwise, address it to [email]socialmedia@ncl.com[/email] ATTN: xxxxx,
Good luck !
[quote name='hpecorari']I have a funny feeling they are going to remove it from the UDP and make it one of those 25% off deals ... Which, in and of itself isn't right for those that have booked their cruise already with the UDP believing Cagney's was included. Time will tell.... [/QUOTE]
Aren't we all bad & destined for the dog house :D :eek:
Maybe they will do an old menu, bring back the old "Eating Light" menu with smaller portion sized & enhanced new menu with "competitive pricing to match? since the new NCL group on playing with wordings on the wesites are on a roll.
The words associated with still free is just for coffee & light breakfast - fees still apply at other time periods and for items on the 24 hour menu are likely buried with disclaimers.
[quote name='SAILPRO']Don't think they care, unless it's on national TV and/or big news coverage on the internet. ;)[/QUOTE]
While sailing, you can't get CNN or even Fox News onboard nowadays - so they aren't going to worry about a news blackout.
But, lots of journalists subscribe to & followed various tweets, sharing can quickly spread wild fires beyond the reach of the [DEL] key. Edited by mking8288

Our cruise is actually July 4th. I need to change my signature. We were originally scheduled for June but are moving in the end of May. I, however booked before the policy change. The policy change is effective July 3rd. The show is on my birthday so it was nice they gave it to me. I do appreciate NCL stepping up.

[quote name='yanks23']Our cruise is actually July 4th. I need to change my signature. We were originally scheduled for June but are moving in the end of May. I, however booked before the policy change. The policy change is effective July 3rd. The show is on my birthday so it was nice they gave it to me. I do appreciate NCL stepping up.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad NCL did the right thing for you.

Enjoy your birthday on the cruise!

[quote name='yanks23']Our cruise is actually July 4th. I need to change my signature. We were originally scheduled for June but are moving in the end of May. I, however booked before the policy change. The policy change is effective July 3rd. The show is on my birthday so it was nice they gave it to me. I do appreciate NCL stepping up.[/QUOTE]

Awesome - that means there is hope for others of us who purchased before the change and sail after July 2nd!

Happy Birthday! Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

[quote name='monkeybone']Someone named Amy contacted me from my post on FB. She works for NCL.[/QUOTE]

I think you should send Vivian a nice email and thank her for helping you- then say, "Oops, I meant to send this to Amy, who was able to quickly resolve my problem without calling my friends liars".

Frank Del Rio used to claim in the past that he read every single post in the Oceania forum. He occasionally responded to posts and immediately addressed many concerns. I wonder if he is now too busy (cutting corners) to follow the Norwegian forum.

If you are, Frank, this situation is just nasty. Price increases are inevitable, but I was told by a Norwegian rep that these free perks were your idea. Now give the people what you promised at the time of booking.

This will, or would be, my first cruise with Norwegian, but I am already thinking of cancelling.

You have also alienated many people over the confusion regarding room service charges. My NCL rep obviously did not have the latest information. Few of your staff do. Fix that. And honour your promises.

Frank, you have gone from being the much admired and respected CEO of Oceania to being someone who is despised by many formerly loyal Norwegian cruisers. Changes must come in an orderly and honorable manner.

[quote name='burm']I think you should send Vivian a nice email and thank her for helping you- then say, "Oops, I meant to send this to Amy, who was able to quickly resolve my problem without calling my friends liars".

Frank Del Rio used to claim in the past that he read every single post in the Oceania forum. He occasionally responded to posts and immediately addressed many concerns. I wonder if he is now too busy (cutting corners) to follow the Norwegian forum.

If you are, Frank, this situation is just nasty. Price increases are inevitable, but I was told by a Norwegian rep that these free perks were your idea. Now give the people what you promised at the time of booking.

This will, or would be, my first cruise with Norwegian, but I am already thinking of cancelling.

You have also alienated many people over the confusion regarding room service charges. My NCL rep obviously did not have the latest information. Few of your staff do. Fix that. And honour your promises.

Frank, you have gone from being the much admired and respected CEO of Oceania to being someone who is despised by many formerly loyal Norwegian cruisers. Changes must come in an orderly and honorable manner.[/QUOTE]

Great post. I may just send Vivian that email. Vivian really gave me such a hard time! it was so strange.

If anyone gets Elizabeth as an NCL phone rep supervisor. Ask for someone else!

Amy Nicole was professional. Asked for my phone number (after seeing my post on FB). Then called right away and she gave me a reason (glitch on the NCL site) and did not blame me. The next day it was fixed. She was a pleasure and knows how to speak to a customer.

NCL she is a Gem. Edited by monkeybone

DISSAPPOINTED...yes

FRUSTRATED...yes

With who? Norwegian Cruise Lines.

I tried to book our dinner reservations on NCL for the Cirque Dreams Show the first night (which was included when we purchased our UDP for our July 12th cruise. They are no longer honoring it...that's funny when I booked and paid it was part of the package. I guess changing an agreement after is acceptable practice for NCL.

Then I put my efforts into making reservations for Cagney's for our group and was informed I have to wait till get on the ship... REALLY?

This dream vacation for 4 couples celebrating their 30th anniversaries is off to a very disappointing start.

Frank Del Rio you have done a POOR Job with Customer Satisfaction...here is an FYI:

Satisfaction brings in great reviews and revenues.

[quote name='fsls40']DISSAPPOINTED...yes

FRUSTRATED...yes

With who? Norwegian Cruise Lines.

I tried to book our dinner reservations on NCL for the Cirque Dreams Show the first night (which was included when we purchased our UDP for our July 12th cruise. They are no longer honoring it...that's funny when I booked and paid it was part of the package. I guess changing an agreement after is acceptable practice for NCL.

Then I put my efforts into making reservations for Cagney's for our group and was informed I have to wait till get on the ship... REALLY?

This dream vacation for 4 couples celebrating their 30th anniversaries is off to a very disappointing start.

Frank Del Rio you have done a POOR Job with Customer Satisfaction...here is an FYI:

Satisfaction brings in great reviews and revenues.[/QUOTE]

The suggestion has been made to reserve and pay for the show and then reduce the DSC's once on board to offset the cost. Making the reason crystal clear of course. It's absolutely NOT acceptable to change a product once it's been purchased.

As for Cagney's, I had asked this once before, but never saw a response - if you pre-booked and paid for Cagney's to secure a reservation, could you not go and cancel once onboard and then immediately re-book with the UDP?

[quote name='Wendy&Grumpy']The suggestion has been made to reserve and pay for the show and then reduce the DSC's once on board to offset the cost. Making the reason crystal clear of course. It's absolutely NOT acceptable to change a product once it's been purchased.

As for Cagney's, I had asked this once before, but never saw a response - if you pre-booked and paid for Cagney's to secure a reservation, could you not go and cancel once onboard and then immediately re-book with the UDP?[/QUOTE]

Even if he wanted to pay before hand for the dinner at Cagney's he will not be able to as they have stopped taking reservations there apparently because of a 'menu change'. This was stated here on CC but NCL themselves. Not really sure why a menu change would necessitate a stop on reservations but we will see when the time comes.

Another reason someone might not want to pre-pay and then have it removed is that when the charge is removed it will not go directly back to your credit card but be put on your account as OBC. For larger groups this could really add up.

Rochelle

[quote name='rochelle_s']Even if he wanted to pay before hand for the dinner at Cagney's he will not be able to as they have stopped taking reservations there apparently because of a 'menu change'. This was stated here on CC but NCL themselves. Not really sure why a menu change would necessitate a stop on reservations but we will see when the time comes.

Another reason someone might not want to pre-pay and then have it removed is that when the charge is removed it will not go directly back to your credit card but be put on your account as OBC. For larger groups this could really add up.

Rochelle[/QUOTE]

Would that be refundable OBC or non-refundable? So long as it's refundable, I'd probably still do it rather than stressing about whether or not they will be able to reserve onboard.

[quote name='Wendy&Grumpy']Would that be refundable OBC or non-refundable? So long as it's refundable, I'd probably still do it rather than stressing about whether or not they will be able to reserve onboard.[/QUOTE]

It is refundable.

For a party of 8 I would contact the group coordinator for the ship and see if they can make the reservation for them.

But in this circumstance I think it has more to do with what was officially posted by NCL in another thread;

[B][I][COLOR="Red"]"As a part of the Norwegian NEXT program, we’re making some exciting menu updates to Cagney’s. The restaurant will be closed for reservations prior to sailing, but you will still be able to make reservations onboard.

This was post # 31 in this thread;

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46191020#post46191020[/url]

So with this NEXT program we will have to wait and see these exciting menu updates...so exciting they had to stop taking reservations.

Rochelle