Cirque Dreams Not Included with UDP

monkeybone

monkeybone, I've been reading all this and really feel terrible for you. I don't know how your UDP is different from anyone else's UDP. You should be entitled to the shows the first night. Clearly "Vivian" is drowning in all the new changes and unable to figure out their own policy. Hopefully there's a brighter bulb somewhere in that department that can read. We picked the free UDP when we booked and I was able to book Illusionarium today for our 1st night on Getaway 6/27.

monkeybone, I've been reading all this and really feel terrible for you. I don't know how your UDP is different from anyone else's UDP. You should be entitled to the shows the first night. Clearly "Vivian" is drowning in all the new changes and unable to figure out their own policy. Hopefully there's a brighter bulb somewhere in that department that can read. We picked the free UDP when we booked and I was able to book Illusionarium today for our 1st night on Getaway 6/27.

Thank you very much cigarboo.........Glad it worked out for you. If I tell that to Elizabeth the supervisor from NCL, she will say you are not being truthful!!!!!

I have spoken to some very rude NCL reps.

They just won't admit any wrong doing. Same speech I am not entitled is the response from all.

I am one of the lucky ones to be on Cruise Critics...but in a way ignorance is bliss because I feel violated.

I too hope Vivian does the right thing No response back yet!

Jennifer,

Is there anyone, who has booked the first night free in the last 72 hours, willing to give you their reservation number so that the folks at NCL can verify that this is indeed available to some guests but for some reason is not available to you?

Rochelle

Monkeybone, I chose the UDP as part of the promotion. Sailing on 6/28 Breakaway. One of the reasons I chose UDP was because of the Cirque show. I indeed did go online on 3/30 (90 days from cruise) and booked the 9PM show for my family at no charge. The NCL people are giving you a bunch of cr**. And even if they changed their rules, it doesn't apply to our cruise because of the 6/28 date. This is my first experience with NCL and I'm not at all happy with how you are being treated and lied to. Keep pushing them. They are wrong and you are right!

Jennifer,

Is there anyone, who has booked the first night free in the last 72 hours, willing to give you their reservation number so that the folks at NCL can verify that this is indeed available to some guests but for some reason is not available to you?

Rochelle

Don't worry Rochelle they now how figured out a way to totally insult my Intelligence.

Email I just got from Vivian:

Jennifer

It depends on what promotion you booked. We have had 3 this year and all include UDP but with different T/C's

Best

Sent from my iPhone

My response to this nonsense:

I booked the same as everyone else on my cruise pick one promo I chose dinning, And the dinner show was included.

Please let me know if you will honor the promo I booked so I can have closure on this issue.

Thank You,

Jennifer

Monkeybone, I chose the UDP as part of the promotion. Sailing on 6/28 Breakaway. One of the reasons I chose UDP was because of the Cirque show. I indeed did go online on 3/30 (90 days from cruise) and booked the 9PM show for my family at no charge. The NCL people are giving you a bunch of cr**. And even if they changed their rules, it doesn't apply to our cruise because of the 6/28 date. This is my first experience with NCL and I'm not at all happy with how you are being treated and lied to. Keep pushing them. They are wrong and you are right!

Thank you so much Cruise4family.

So upset with all of this it goes all the way up the corporate ladder.

Here is the email from Vivian:

Jennifer

Again there haven been 3 promotion all that include the UDP but each has had a different T/C. The spectacular that you booked does not include Cirque Dreams. It is not the sailing date but the dat of the promotion you booked

Sorry

My response:

That is not true Vivian I booked the UDP because of the free show the first night.

Also I have been told that reason I can’t have the free show the first night is because its discontinued on my cruise by TIM at NCL then I was told this by an NCL supervisor Elizabeth and two other reps at NCL the reason is because it sold out.

Now you are telling me another story please honor what I deserve the same as others on my cruise. I have been on 14 NCL cruises and have two more booked.

Make this right no one should have to go through all of this.

Jennifer

Jennifer,

Which month did you book? You could start a new thread asking if anyone has a screenshot or copy of the terms of the UDP. Many people take or print these just for this type of thing. You could also try to find someone who booked at the same time as you but were successful booking the show on the first night for free. If you booked at around the same time then your booking codes should be the same as well.

Up until the last couple of days it was stated on the website that the first nights show was included with the UDP. It is absolutely ridiculous that they are saying different today, especially when you have been told within the last 24 hours that the changes were not supposed to happen until July. I certainly have no recollection of any of the promos listing choices as;

• OBC
  • Pre-paid Gratuities
  • UBP
  • UDP
  • and UDP -lite

For them to say there was such a thing as UDP- lite is such a smack in the face. They can see on your account that you are not some newbie and you have mentioned Cruise Critic. They could give you the courtesy of acknowledging that you have a clue to what is and is not included.

The steam would be coming out of my ears if I were in your situation. You have given them 2 days with this and have spent countless hours on the phone with them. At this point they owe you the show for free for your trouble alone.

Maybe others with some plausible suggestions on how to resolve this will chime in.

Rochelle

Also you could post on the FNFC page on FB, there are a lot of travel agents on there and perhaps someone will have hard copies of the various promotions that have occurred over the last 3 months and they could provide you a copy that coincides to when you made your booking.

Oh and send an email off to Vivian herself and ask for a copy of the promotion and its terms and conditions that state you are not entitled to the first night free. Let them prove it to you! They must have copies f these things otherwhise they are just talking out their arse.

Rochelle

Here is some of the last email I sent to NCL:

I am telling you why I booked the promo, I also explained with proof and names how the NCL customer service staff and supervisor have been lying to me for three days.

Everyone is aware that NCL is making changes and have changed the T/C’s without notice.

I am asking you to honor what I booked so I may put this matter to rest.

Again here is the CC link with the support I have on this matter:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2189558&page=5

Jennifer

That is really the best I can do. I gave them every chance to make it right. Vivian has decided to turn this into a pissing match. Not professional!

Also you could post on the FNFC page on FB, there are a lot of travel agents on there and perhaps someone will have hard copies of the various promotions that have occurred over the last 3 months and they could provide you a copy that coincides to when you made your booking.

Oh and send an email off to Vivian herself and ask for a copy of the promotion and its terms and conditions that state you are not entitled to the first night free. Let them prove it to you! They must have copies f these things otherwhise they are just talking out their arse.

Rochelle

All good ideas Rochelle.........I'm tired and stressed. Can you do it? LOL

I will have no choice but to change it to the DSC like you did.

cruiserke;46114140']That is an option for people who have the UDP promo' date=' but I [i']purchased [/i]mine, after calculating whether it made sense financially, and that calculation was partly based on having the free Illusionarium on the Getaway, so I'm not happy.

I wonder if it's even legal to do this: changing what is covered by the package after it is bought. That is bait and switch, pure and simple! I understand changing what is covered by the UDP for people buying it (or being given it as a promotion) as of a certain date, but they should not be changing what is covered for people sailing as of a certain date, if they bought prior to this change.

My window for dinner bookings is not open yet, but if they don't honor their commitment of first night free Illusionarium, I fully intend to escalate it up the corporate ladder :mad:

Oh my goodness, I have become so accustomed to everyone here discussing the promos that I wasn't even thinking about those if you who paid for the UDP. I feel sorry enough for the people who had the terms switched on them with the promo, but I can't even imagine how angry you must be having paid separately for it! This is something that should, by any standard of ethics (and possibly legality), be grandfathered in. Anyone who purchased the UDP or received the promo prior to a certain date should still be getting the Cirque show included on the first night, with the change effective for all new purchasers and recipients going forward. At least that way, people could be properly informed of what they are actually selecting or purchasing. Is it really that difficult to figure out how to do the right thing by your customers?

Oh my goodness, I have become so accustomed to everyone here discussing the promos that I wasn't even thinking about those if you who paid for the UDP. I feel sorry enough for the people who had the terms switched on them with the promo, but I can't even imagine how angry you must be having paid separately for it! This is something that should, by any standard of ethics (and possibly legality), be grandfathered in. Anyone who purchased the UDP or received the promo prior to a certain date should still be getting the Cirque show included on the first night, with the change effective for all new purchasers and recipients going forward. At least that way, people could be properly informed of what they are actually selecting or purchasing. Is it really that difficult to figure out how to do the right thing by your customers?

So scary NCL has become a nightmare.

So when was UDP "lite" offered? The current promotion from today, still shows that the show should still be included the first night if you choose UDP. I don't know how to high light, but the last sentence does seem to show this.

Ultimate dining package:

*Available for Ocean View and above categories only

Unlimited dining at specialty restaurants.

Dining Package excludes Chefs Table, Ocean Blue, Carlos Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar, and Gelato.

A la carte priced restaurants are excluded (i.e. Sushi, Raw Bar, Noodle Bar and Ocean Blue Waterfront).

Entertainment based dining is excluded (Cirque shows, Second City Lunches, Nick Breakfasts, Wine Lovers, Illusionarium).

The A la carte venues and Ocean Blue are not included in the UDP, but will be discounted 20% for those who choose the package.

Entertainment based and Chefs Table dining will not be discounted.

Additional main courses in Cagney's, Le Bistro, and Jefferson's Bistro will be charged at $10.00 per person.

Guests who chose the UDP can reserve the embarkation day performances at no additional cost.

UDP should be UDP(no 'lite'). It is such deceptive marketing to sneak in somewhere that a regular perk is suddenly excluded, yet they sell it the exact same way, sandwiched between promos that offered "regular" UDP. If you are cruising before July 3rd, you should be entitled.

I had so much faith in NCL. They really stink!!!

Monkeybone, I just wanted to say I know how horrid it is to deal with stubborn customer service that won't admit their wrong even though fixing it is nothing to them...we had booked a cruise with RCCL during a KSF event that also offered OBC.

Long, long, loooong story short, the weekend we booked there was a glitch in their system that wouldn't let the guy book more than 2 to a room, so he manually did a bunch of things and said he would fix it first thing Monday morning. We warned us our original invoice would be wrong, it was, but he sent the corrected one when the glitch was fixed first thing Monday morning.

Fast forward a couple of months after a transfer to our TA and a discussion on the phone regarding something else revealed that they had dropped our KSF and also our OBC! Our cruise was now listed almost $2,000 higher.

It took 6 full hours on the phone between my TA and I to get it reinstated, and they only did so because I was able to direct them back to the right, corrected invoices, they kept insisting I never had that rate.

At that point, they absolutely refused to give me the $100 OBC. Literally 2 hours of arguing with them saying it was not combinable with KSF, even though I had the invoice showing the credit. Giving me that credit back was nothing to them, but at some point it was a matter of principle to me...they had messed up, I had wasted a full day on hold getting it fixed, and now they wouldn't give me the stupid $100!

In the end, someone on CC had saved the original flyer from when I had booked showing plain as day they were combinable. They did give it to me, but of course with no apology or compensation.

We ended up canceling the cruise and switching to NCL...hope we didn't regret it!

Monkeybone, I just wanted to say I know how horrid it is to deal with stubborn customer service that won't admit their wrong even though fixing it is nothing to them...we had booked a cruise with RCCL during a KSF event that also offered OBC.

Long, long, loooong story short, the weekend we booked there was a glitch in their system that wouldn't let the guy book more than 2 to a room, so he manually did a bunch of things and said he would fix it first thing Monday morning. We warned us our original invoice would be wrong, it was, but he sent the corrected one when the glitch was fixed first thing Monday morning.

Fast forward a couple of months after a transfer to our TA and a discussion on the phone regarding something else revealed that they had dropped our KSF and also our OBC! Our cruise was now listed almost $2,000 higher.

It took 6 full hours on the phone between my TA and I to get it reinstated, and they only did so because I was able to direct them back to the right, corrected invoices, they kept insisting I never had that rate.

At that point, they absolutely refused to give me the $100 OBC. Literally 2 hours of arguing with them saying it was not combinable with KSF, even though I had the invoice showing the credit. Giving me that credit back was nothing to them, but at some point it was a matter of principle to me...they had messed up, I had wasted a full day on hold getting it fixed, and now they wouldn't give me the stupid $100!

In the end, someone on CC had saved the original flyer from when I had booked showing plain as day they were combinable. They did give it to me, but of course with no apology or compensation.

We ended up canceling the cruise and switching to NCL...hope we didn't regret it!

Thanks of your post, Maybe those RCCL employees are now at NCL LOL. I hope things go better for you on NCL.

Monkeybone, if you booked March 1st, you would be under the

Freestyle Choice Spectacular

Up to $3700 in value per stateroom (based on 7 night itinerary)

Booking Window: 3/1/15 - 4/6/15 11.59pm EST

which I happened to copy and save to a document.

Here is the section about UDP I will cut and paste....

Ultimate dining package:

Dining Package excludes Chefs Table, Ocean Blue, Carlos Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar, and Gelato.

A la carte priced restaurants are excluded (i.e. Sushi, Raw Bar, Noodle Bar and Ocean Blue Waterfront).

Entertainment based dining is excluded (Cirque shows, Second City Lunches, Nick Breakfasts, Wine Lovers, Illusionarium).

The A la carte venues and Ocean Blue are not included in the UDP, but will be discounted 20% for those who choose the package.

Additional main courses in Cagney's, Le Bistro, and Jefferson's Bistro will be charged at $10.00 per person.

Guests who chose the UDP can reserve the embarkation day performances at no additional cost.

Clearly it states you are entitled to the Cirque show. What part about this doesn't NCL understand???

Monkeybone, if you booked March 1st, you would be under the

Freestyle Choice Spectacular

Up to $3700 in value per stateroom (based on 7 night itinerary)

Booking Window: 3/1/15 - 4/6/15 11.59pm EST

which I happened to copy and save to a document.

Here is the section about UDP I will cut and paste....

Ultimate dining package:

Clearly it states you are entitled to the Cirque show. What part about this doesn't NCL understand???

I have already been told by all NCL workers I am not entitled for 4 different reasons.

And that goes for Cagneys too so why the heck would I take the UDP?

Why hasn't the supervisor Elizabeth called me back?

Edited by monkeybone

I have already been told by all NCL workers I am not entitled for 4 different reasons.

And that goes for Cagneys too so why the heck would I take the UDP?

Why hasn't the supervisor Elizabeth called me back?

This is beyond Unbelievable! The T&C clearly says it can be booked at no cost first day. Are they all idiots that work there. Do they not see their errors or as you say, this has just become a pissing match?

NCL CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE YOU KIDDING, THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER PLEASE.

Edited by whenisthemidnightbuffet?

This is from our BA "Welcome Abroad" last week (3/22/2015) - middle section, half way down - "Where should we have dinner tonight"

BA-0315%20%28783x1024%29.jpg

It stated that its is included as part of the UDP for the first night only, subject to availability ... It was printed & distributed to all staterooms on the Breakaway. Perhaps those at the NCL Call Center(s) and/or MIA HQ need to one shovel into their face, so to speak.

But, all these massive failure on a small scale needs to and have a trail up the chain of command, up to the COO level & above, if that's what is necessary to escalate. Social media can be and has proven to be a very powerful tool in spreading the news - "NCL eating their own printed words in writing" without blinking or missing a single heartbeat.

I honestly don't know what else to do...If someone has another email with a better contact please let me know. I sent this and the link to the UDP again to Vivian.

BOOKING DATE: 1-Mar-2015

PROMO CODES: CASINO50

CHODIN

EASYFARE

META

Here is the promo they will not honor:

Ultimate dining package:

Applicable to all guests ages 3 years of age or older.

Dining Package excludes Chef’s Table, Ocean Blue, Carlo’s Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar, and Gelato.

Entertainment based and Chef’s Table dining will not be discounted.

Edited by monkeybone