Cirque Dreams Not Included with UDP

monkeybone

My suggestion......for what it's worth?

Book it online. I know it'll charge you.

When you get to the ship bring your paid receipt for the show as well as a copy of when you booked your cruise and that the first evening was included at that booking with the UDP. Go to guest services and tell them there was some kind of glitch on their website and it charged you when it should not have. Tell them to remove those charges.

Harriet

They don't even let you book it online! :mad:

Ok, I knew there had to be something I was missing. I was going back and trying to look up all the old promos that I have in my email and trying to find something that helps. I usually save things too...just for occasions like this.

I did take the time to read this entire thread and my heart is bleeding for those that are unable to book this for free. We were able to do it on our cruise last year (under the free UDP on the first night) and it's such a wonderful show. This just makes me sick.

Someone help me understand WHERE this would be listed in the promos they send you. I have tons of emails advertising the promos, but it just states the options you can pick...not what they include. Where did the long listing come from with the "details"?

mitsugirly or anyone, please see if you have copy of promo stated that the dinner shows are free if you have UDP for the embark night. Most of us need copy of that so we can bring it with us and show it ON THEIR FACE!

Why they did not include this on the TERMS & CONDITIONS but on the FAQ? I don't buy it and it'll be hard to argue later.

Q. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. With the Ultimate Dining Package, you can dine in any specialty restaurant every night of your cruise, including our exciting Italian, Asian, Brazilian, French and signature steakhouse restaurants. On Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Epic the Ultimate Dining Package will also include dining at Spiegeltent/Illusionarium on the first sailing day only. Plus, you can enjoy 20% off the cover charge for dinner at Ocean Blue and all a la carte priced restaurants (not included in Ultimate Dining Package).

I will keep trying........did you also get the promo?

I know things change quickly, but I had the promo last year and was able to book the Cirque Dreams on the BA for first night without a charge (we sat up on the stage LOL).

This is the only email I got back today from Vivian:

Jennifer

Yes this is the exact one I referred to yesterday that clearly states Cirque is excluded.

I apologize for the confusion. We have added Cirque for you for the first night at 9:00pm if you want the reservations canceled please let me know

Best

I sent back:

Hi Vivian, It clearly says it is free for me on the first night of the cruise.

Thank you for booking the show for us. I just want to make sure it is in fact free.

Thank you,

Jennifer

ASTUART@ncl.com and socialmedia@ncl.com are CC'd on these emails.

Edited by monkeybone

This is the only email I got back today from Vivian:

Jennifer

Yes this is the exact one I referred to yesterday that clearly states Cirque is excluded.

I apologize for the confusion. We have added Cirque for you for the first night at 9:00pm if you want the reservations canceled please let me know

Best

I sent back:

Hi Vivian, It clearly says it is free for me on the first night of the cruise.

Thank you for booking the show for us. I just want to make sure it is in fact free.

Thank you,

Jennifer

She's making the same mistake many made when they see 'excluded' but neglect to look at the last line that does say UDP CAN get it first night.

Glad they gave it to you, regardless.

Enjoy!

Harriet

She's making the same mistake many made when they see 'excluded' but neglect to look at the last line that does say UDP CAN get it first night.

Glad they gave it to you, regardless.

Enjoy!

Harriet

Thanks Harriet, but she is not saying its free. I sent her an email yesterday with the link to my promo and I highlighted where it says free on the first night.

Edited by monkeybone

That was a made up term for what you have. UDP appears to be one thing for everyone else and a slimmed down version for you..hence the term UDP-lite. Maybe I should not be giving NCL any ideas.

Rochelle

LOL...sorry I didn't get it I was so tiered and stressed yesterday!

So when was UDP "lite" offered? The current promotion from today, still shows that the show should still be included the first night if you choose UDP. I don't know how to high light, but the last sentence does seem to show this.

Ultimate dining package:

*Available for Ocean View and above categories only

Unlimited dining at specialty restaurants.

Dining Package excludes Chefs Table, Ocean Blue, Carlos Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar, and Gelato.

A la carte priced restaurants are excluded (i.e. Sushi, Raw Bar, Noodle Bar and Ocean Blue Waterfront).

Entertainment based dining is excluded (Cirque shows, Second City Lunches, Nick Breakfasts, Wine Lovers, Illusionarium).

The A la carte venues and Ocean Blue are not included in the UDP, but will be discounted 20% for those who choose the package.

Entertainment based and Chefs Table dining will not be discounted.

Additional main courses in Cagney's, Le Bistro, and Jefferson's Bistro will be charged at $10.00 per person.

Guests who chose the UDP can reserve the embarkation day performances at no additional cost.

UDP should be UDP(no 'lite'). It is such deceptive marketing to sneak in somewhere that a regular perk is suddenly excluded, yet they sell it the exact same way, sandwiched between promos that offered "regular" UDP. If you are cruising before July 3rd, you should be entitled.

I had so much faith in NCL. They really stink!!!

If we PURCHASED the UDP before the policy change, we should be entitled.

We sail 9/5/15, PURCHASED our UDP 2/2/15, and will NOT take no for an answer!

When I click through to the T&C's & FAQ's, it's still listed as being included: https://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

If we PURCHASED the UDP before the policy change, we should be entitled.

We sail 9/5/15, PURCHASED our UDP 2/2/15, and will NOT take no for an answer!

When I click through to the T&C's & FAQ's, it's still listed as being included: https://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

I would print a copy of that hopefully to include today's date. Earlier in this thread Jennifer was told that that is changing soon.

Rochelle

I would print a copy of that hopefully to include today's date. Earlier in this thread Jennifer was told that that is changing soon.

Rochelle

I've printed it out completely, without date unfortunately, but also printed a screen shot, showing the date.

I know what I purchased, and I will not allow it to be diminished!

So anyone hear back from NCL I have not two emails and still no response and any word on Cagney's Steakhouse to book it online does not show up on my choices to book .

The availability to book online is limited . meaning there is only a certain amount of seats available. so it may be that for online booking it is full already. you will probably have to book once on the ship they have other seats available.

... I know what I purchased, and I will not allow it to be diminished!

Give this another 24 to 48 hours as the current GA/BA sailings are on its final stretch coming home/disembarking, there are a # of "fair-minded" CC'ers on those Roll Calls that surely going to a) raise hell, and, b) share their onboard stores, etc. We came back on the BA before this and I know for sure that there are enough of them doing a B2B staying on the ship, just imagine week 1 and it was free/25% off/included & free Room Service - and, week 2 - bingo & the new games in play ... not so fast.

Get the popcorns & look for the cyber-fireworks to go off against NCL's failure to communicate, IMO. Carnival did theirs a much nicer way with advanced notices & good information to everyone, not via a webinar mostly aimed at their TA allies (some of them lurking here, with vested interest - go ahead, flame as I love to ignore post)

So anyone hear back from NCL ...

I have direct posts on Twitter to A. Stuart almost 3 weeks old and on the other major social media, both unacknowledged - let alone, answered with a generic reply.

Alas, DW and I just finished doing our own post cruise e-surveys to use comments to clearly spelled out our "constructive" suggestions and criticisms (I won't & don't need to share or re-state them here) They are free and entitled to ignore ours along with everyone else's displeasure on how they handle crisis communications and I feel for whoever is delegated in what's left in their PR & social media relations. CEO's and COO's can hide in their penthouses & (executive) suites - but the chains of command, still leads all the way up to the top of the pyramid.

As for booking specialty restaurants, it's also possible the blocking is tied to staffing level - even for the smaller LeBistro onboard the Breakaway, there're plenty of small & unoccupied tables for 2 evenings while we ate there - imagine a leisurely 2.5 or 3 hour dinner. To get ahead of the curve once onboard, use the free iConcierge to try to book it ASAP (and flexible with your choice of preferred times) if sailing on the GA/BA or Epic as those ships got the Apps & systems up and running (plus whatever ships with the upgraded hardware in place ... forgot which ones off-hand) We're going to try to use the Concierge if necessary but wasn't needed at all.

I am on the phone with NCL and my travel agent called NCL. They basically changed the policy after we have already booked with them. I am ready to cancel my cruise with NCL and book with another cruise line. It is amazing how they decide to change their policy over $25 dollars per person. I hope other people find it that nickel and diming someone to death over a small charge will cause people to change to another cruise line.

This is on their Web Site:

A. With the Ultimate Dining Package, you can dine in any specialty restaurant every night of your cruise, including our exciting Italian, Asian, Brazilian, French and signature steakhouse restaurants. On Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Epic the Ultimate Dining Package will also include dining at Spiegeltent/Illusionarium on the first sailing day only. Plus, you can enjoy 20% off the cover charge for dinner at Ocean Blue and all a la carte priced restaurants (not included in Ultimate Dining Package).

This is on their Web Site:

I would copy it and print it out so that it shows today's date. They can change it at anytime, this way, you have proof. If they won't book it for you book it yourself, pay for it, and take this to Guest Service and ask for refund.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Harriett, the way things are trending in the past month - I'm impressed with the partial "make-over" of the NCL websites, with all the mods & amendments, NOT !!

There will likely soon be a cancellation fee and re-booking fee, for convenience - of course; and, for issuing a credit refund. Mark my words and should that happened, I will claim cyber credit for being the fortune teller to first called them out for doing it.

Edited by mking8288

I want to thank everyone on CC......You guys had my back and gave me great advice. It is appreciated :)

Someone named Amy contacted me from my post on FB. She works for NCL.

She looked into it and said it was a computer glitch. I then received and Entertainment confirmation with Cirque Dreams booked at 5:45.

I never did hear back from Vivian or Elizabeth.

Wow. This is horrible. I'm glad I sailed on the Breakaway last year. This year, I'm planning on the Gem, so this won't affect me. However, I think next year will be the year we go back to Disney. I think I need a break from NCL until all this nonsense plays itself out.

One of my observation of Carnival was that they seemed to be masters of maximizing profit at every turn. Looks like NCL is slowly moving in that direction.

I want to thank everyone on CC......You guys had my back and gave me great advice. It is appreciated :)

Someone named Amy contacted me from my post on FB. She works for NCL.

She looked into it and said it was a computer glitch. I then received and Entertainment confirmation with Cirque Dreams booked at 5:45.

I never did hear back from Vivian or Elizabeth.

Excellent, good to hear! Sorry you had such a run around, but it will make your first evening on the boat that much more special :D