New "Expanded" Room Service Menu

Cruise-Crazy

"This includes an expanded breakfast selection—the addition of eggs cooked to order, sides like breakfast potato/grilled tomato and hot cereals like oatmeal and Cream of Wheat—and more choices on the 24-hour room service menu.

There's no charge per item, but a per order (not per person) fee of $7.95 is being tested on Norwegian Breakaway and of $4.95 on Norwegian Getaway. That fee is waived in The Haven accommodations."

From; http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2190269

"This includes an expanded breakfast selection—the addition of eggs cooked to order, sides like breakfast potato/grilled tomato and hot cereals like oatmeal and Cream of Wheat—and more choices on the 24-hour room service menu.

There's no charge per item, but a per order (not per person) fee of $7.95 is being tested on Norwegian Breakaway and of $4.95 on Norwegian Getaway. That fee is waived in The Haven accommodations."

OK I read through all three pages of the thread in the link but I did not see any actual menu posted. So is there one you can actually look at?

OK I read through all three pages of the thread in the link but I did not see any actual menu posted. So is there one you can actually look at?

Not that I know of, the quoted text is from the OP in that thread.. that's why I happily clicked this thread title but had to cry to my disappointment.. ;)

There is on another thread here.....that was VERY long yesterday already. I found the menu but do not remember what post # it was in. Sorry

Yes, 60 plus pages. NOT going to spend half my Saturday reading through that! Will see the menu somewhere eventually.:)

There's a very blurry copy of the current Breakaway room service menu on page 1 of the mega-thread. Somewhere around post #15 or so. Unfortunately it's pretty difficult/impossible to make out, but you CAN (just barely!) make out text to the effect that there will be a $7.95 convenience fee added to your order.

Somewhere in the middle of the mega-thread, probably around page 10-15 or so (?) there's a "side-by-side" comparison of the old menu with the new one. This was shown during NCL COO's "webinar" on Tuesday afternoon, screen-captured, and posted here. Good luck searching for it! (But you would be able to find it if you can find where posts from Tuesday around 4 pm start.)

Memory is that there wasn't much special on the "new" menu. People noted the lack of pancakes, which I guess is something of an inside joke on the NCL boards (I've only been here for past few months so I don't understand that one :)). But pretty sure that, for instance, eggs benedict was NOT on the menu (?).

OP was asking for a photo of the actual menu, not a link to the announcement.

Here ya go....

It's not that big but I can read it by blowing it up on by web browser.

menu.jpg.08a0239d187aa95239c1112849ed8769.jpg

Harriet

Here ya go....

It's not that big but I can read it by blowing it up on by web browser.

[ATTACH]345242[/ATTACH]

Harriet

For people who're having trouble reading it, it's the old menu with the following additions:

New Cereals:

Granola(?), Special K, Shredded Wheat, Frosted Flakes

New Preserves and Condiments:

Butter, Margarine, Sugar Free Jelly

Eggs:

Scrambled eggs, Over Easy, Hard Boiled, Poached

Sides:

Breakfast potatoes, grilled tomatoes

Breakfast Meats:

Bacon, sausages, turkey sausages

Favorites(?):

Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat

New Beverages:

Hot or Cold Milk, Hot or Cold Low Fat Milk

[Thank you, now why didn't I think to do what you just did? LOL

My understanding is that the stuff on the old menu will not have a service charge but the new 'enhanced' menu, which you posted below, will.

However, milk was always included in the old menu along with the cereal that was there.

Harriet

QUOTE=Cuedon;46150163]For people who're having trouble reading it, it's the old menu with the following additions:

New Cereals:

Granola(?), Special K, Shredded Wheat, Frosted Flakes

New Preserves and Condiments:

Butter, Margarine, Sugar Free Jelly

Eggs:

Scrambled eggs, Over Easy, Hard Boiled, Poached

Sides:

Breakfast potatoes, grilled tomatoes

Breakfast Meats:

Bacon, sausages, turkey sausages

Favorites(?):

Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat

New Beverages:

Hot or Cold Milk, Hot or Cold Low Fat Milk

Edited by hpecorari

My understanding is that the stuff on the old menu will not have a service charge but the new 'enhanced' menu, which you posted below, will.

However, milk was always included in the old menu along with the cereal that was there.

Harriet

So bring me up to speed. When I stopped following the thread it seemed pretty clear that the delivery charge was across the board regardless of what you ordered. It sounded like old items would just incur the $7.95 delivery charge, but new items might be ala carte so if you ordered a scrambled egg you would get a charge for the egg, plus the $7.95 delivery? Was there further clarification after that?

Edited by punkincc

So bring me up to speed. Old items just incur the $$7.95 delivery charge, but new items are ala carte so if you order a scrambled egg you get a charge for the egg, plus the $7.95 delivery? And you know those eggs will be stone cold on arrival.

My understanding is that if you only order items that were on the old menu there IS NO charge. If you order from the 'enhanced' menu, which includes hot cereal, eggs, breakfast meats, etc. THEN there will be the cover charge. Breakaway has one charge and Getaway has another charge.

My thoughts are once they decide which amount worked best for them all ships will end up with the charge, however, the charge will be the same for all ships......but that's just my guess.

Personally, the old menu is enough for me. The eggs, pancakes, etc. are not really HOT in the MDR so I can imagine the temperature of them if they are delivered to my room via room service.

Harriet

My goodness. You post the thing but I'm not sure you understand what you're looking at.

On the left is the OLD menu (which used to be free on BA/GA and still is, for now, on the rest of the fleet).

On the right is the NEW menu, which "attracts" the $7.95 (on BA) and $4.95 (on GA) "convenience charge." As you correctly noted, there are some new items on it (though I feel they've kind of padded it, I mean, you really couldn't order butter on the "old" menu?!).

During the ongoing "test" ALL room service orders on the two ships, no matter how big or small and no matter whether "old" items or "new," WILL BE CHARGED the convenience fee.

To put it another way, if you order anything off the menu on the right (the "new" menu) you will get hit with the new RS "convenience charge."

So bring me up to speed. When I stopped following the thread it seemed pretty clear that the delivery charge was across the board regardless of what you ordered. It sounded like old items would just incur the $7.95 delivery charge, but new items might be ala carte so if you ordered a scrambled egg you would get a charge for the egg, plus the $7.95 delivery? Was there further clarification after that?

To my knowledge, no. I'm pretty sure she was confused, and that your understanding, above, is correct.

Initially there was some thought (including by myself) that there would be a la carte prices PLUS the $7.95 delivery charge, but at this point my understanding is that you can order as many items as you wish, all for the one delivery charge.

I'm getting confused by this too. Unless something new has been released, it appeared the delivery change was on all orders regardless of what was included. The earlier released info appeared to indicate that there is no totally free RS. The added items were the reason given to justify the change, but didn't really affect the cost. There's so much going on now it's hard to keep up. I wonder if someone from the BW or GW has chimed in with first hand experience of not being charged for continental breakfast items. :confused:

To my knowledge, no. I'm pretty sure she was confused, and that your understanding, above, is correct.

Initially there was some thought (including by myself) that there would be a la carte prices PLUS the $7.95 delivery charge, but at this point my understanding is that you can order as many items as you wish, all for the one delivery charge.

This is also the way I read it, which is why I was wondering if new info had been released today.

I'm not going to argue with anyone. As I said before...

My understanding is if you wish to order hot tea/coffee, danish, etc......

as was on the old menu, there will be no charge.

Time will tell who has a better understanding.

Harriet

No. The $7.95 charge is for everything. This has been confirmed by people actually sailing on the breakaway. The confusion is because the NCL reps are clueless and NCL has put out vague and contradictory statements about it.

Harriet

Some of the cereals aren't on the old list, and the new list explicitly mentions hot or cold milk/low fat milk while the old one just said milk/low fat milk.

Figured the distinctions were still worth mentioning.